Nouvel Hotel

Tags

Backpacking Budget Travel
See Amenities
Whirlybird's Profile Photo

Great Location! Great Service! Great Night!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 2, 2006

I stayed in Annecy for 2 days and needed lodging for 1 night. I chose the Nouvel Hotel based upon some recommendations I found on the Internet. I was very surprised when my experiences were even better than my expectations! The hotel is situated in the "vielle ville" (old town) about a 5 minute leisurely walk from the train station. It is in the center of the shopping district, about a 10 minute walk from the Lake. The staff who work at the hotel were incredibly nice and very helpful in answering all my questions about Annecy. My room was on the street side on the 1rst floor (2nd floor American) and I had a wonderful view of all the locals strolling the shopping district. It was nice to sit on my window sill and listen to the birds, smell the pastry shop goods, and hear the beautiful French language. The bed was very comfortable, Cable TV, and a bathtub (which is a real treat over here for me because most places have only a shower.) I will definitely stay here again. All this for only 57 euros per night - may seem expensive, but compared to the other hotels in the area, you can not beat this price and location! A+ hotel!!!

Unique Quality: Bathtub with unlimited HOT water!
Heart of the vielle ville
5 minute walk to the train station
10 minutes from the Lake
stone throw from shopping and markets
Great staff!

Directions: On the corner of Rue de la Poste and Rue Vaugelas - 5 minutes from the train station

Nearby Nouvel Hotel

Nouvel Hotel

• Nouvel Hotel Annecy

Address: 37 rue Vaugelas, Annecy, Haute-Savoie, 74000, France

Amenities at Nouvel Hotel

• Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Annecy Travel Forum

Need advice about Annecy, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Annecy and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Annecy hotel reviews