Hotel Amelie - Logis De France

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Hotel Amelie - Logis De France

by suzy301

I am trying to decide between two budget hotels : Hotel Amelie (7th) and Hotel Stella (6th). There is only a 10 Euro price dif. between the two. Both seem to be around the same distance to the Louvre, but each are closer to different sights. I'm looking for a neighborhood that is safe to walk back to the hotel at night (for a single woman), not too loud, and near nice cafes. Thank you!

Re: Which area is better to stay in: near Les Invalides/Rue Cler (7th), or Jar. Luxembourg (6th)?

by Jeannette1

I don't know either ones of these hotels but you may want to check them out on www.tripadvisor.com

Personally, my preference would not be for the rue Clerc. It's an OK neighborhood but since it's been heavily advertised by Rick Steves, it has become packed with tourists. I would much prefer to stay in the 6th arrondissement near the Jardin du Luxembourg. It's a more animated neighborhood, lots of cafes, restaurants and relatively safe at night. Sure there are tourists there as well but also lots of students.
Bon voyage!

Paris: Which area is better to stay in: near Les Invalides/Rue Cler (7th), or Jar. Luxembourg (6th)?

by suzy301

Re: Paris: Which area is better to stay in: near Les Invalides/Rue Cler...

by nikkidish

I've stayed on Boulevard St. Michel, basically right across the street from Jardins du Luxembourg, and I loved that area. Loads of cafes and shops, easy bus ride to the Louvre, and easily walkable to the Seine. As a woman, you just have to take the regular precautions at night, but the area is pretty lively around Boulevard St. Michel and Boulevard St. Germain, so, even late at night, there should still be people about, but if you are on a side street, you shouldn't have to worry about too much noise. So I would recommend it highly, although I couldn't give you a comparison with the 7th arrondissement.

Re: Paris: Which is better to stay in: near Les Invalides/Rue Cler (7th), or Jar. Luxembourg (6th)?

by suzy301

Thanks for the good info.
Was there a hotel in that area that you would recommend?
Thanks again.

Re: Paris: Which area is better to stay in: near Les Invalides/Rue Cler (7th),

by kathymof

I tried to find a Hotel Stella in the 6th and all I could find was one in the 17th. I am a female who often travels alone and have been to Paris (with a friend). I stayed in the 6th and the area is quite busy well into the evening. I felt very safe. I also got "stuck" in the 7th after midnight and the place was deserted. We had no trouble and finally got a taxi but the 6th does seem to be more active. I felt very safe everywhere in the 6th and it is so close to wonderful places. I will stay there again when I go back.

Re: Paris: Which area is better to stay in: near Les Invalides/Rue Cler...

by nikkidish

I stayed in student housing because I was studying there for the summer. So, unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with the hotels in the area. It is a student-y area too, as someone has said, because you are so close to the Sorbonne. But a good home base, overall.

Comments