Hilton Evian-les-Bains

Tags

Trains Family Travel
See Amenities

worst food ever

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 20, 2011

I eat at this restaurant last week on Wednesday or Thursday night ( 17 or 18th of August) in Evian on the Patio next to the road. I must say that up until this time in Evian and all over the world ( Americas , Asia, Africa and Europe ) I have not been disappointed by the cuisine. One of my favorites , especial after traveling and enjoying the local cuisine , was a Hilton burger. A nice Patty of fresh ground meat done saignant with a nice sauce and fresh onions, pickles, tomatoes and salad.

On this said evening I ordered such and waited expectantly for my treat. Much to my surprise and disappointment , I was served 2 dry pieces of bread a little salad and onion and 2 small dishes of Ketchup and mayonnaise , accompanied with 2 small dry well done patties of some hard to identify ingredients. The Patties were dry (saignant ????) smelly. greasy and certainty not good ground beef , as I expect at a Hilton and expect and get in France in general. I mentioned this to the waitress and received no apology , offer of some real meat or any comment at all.

Very disappointing. I will not return to this restaurant nor recommend it to others.
I will certainly also spread this news to appropriate sites dealing with restaurants.

SurfaceTravel's Profile Photo

Not very impressed with this hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 5, 2010

We had pre-booked this hotel mainly because of its central location, which was close enough that we could walk around the centre of town. We had specifically asked for a lake view, and the first room they gave us did indeed have a lake view, once you looked past the monstrous wing in front of you (see the photo). After a fair amount of discussion ending in arguing, they capitulated and moved us to another room which had a decent view of the lake (see the other photo). The rooms were large, not entirely sound-proofed, and clean enough. The furnishings are fairly old and the decor was average. It is possible to walk there from the train station, about 20-25 minutes, but with bags, a taxi is pretty much required. The indoor pool was fine, but the advertised year-round outdoor heated pool was closed.

The over-all service was fine for a 3-star except for two things: arguing with us, insisting that we had, in fact, a water view from our first room, and not being able to get us a taxi in time for the train station when we left. A second taxi came, finally, and we only barely caught the train. The hotel mentioned below has its own cars.

We had considered one of the Evian Royal Resort hotels up the hill out of the town, but had opted for location. In hindsight, and if we were to return, we would stay at one of those hotels and take their free shuttle bus into town to walk around. We only went up there for dinner, and the Royal shuttle brought us back to the Hilton, no charge.

Amusing note: in this town of Evian, this hotel uses Eden bottled water, not Evian.

Unique Quality: A big horrible wing of the hotel sticking out front blocking the water view for many other rooms.

Directions: On the waterfront a 20 minute walk east from the train station or a 10 minute walk east from the ferry terminal or Town Hall.

Nearby Hilton Evian-les-Bains

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Évian-les-Bains Travel Forum

Need advice about Évian-les-Bains, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Évian-les-Bains and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Évian-les-Bains hotel reviews