Hotel Les Chalets D'Evian

Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

More about Évian-les-Bains

The Source at Evian les BainsThe Source at Evian les Bains

View from the Pic des MemisesView from the Pic des Memises

french dictionary tiefrench dictionary tie

WindowWindow

Travel Tips for Évian-les-Bains

Evian is Naive spelled backwards

by Dabs

Evian was an unscheduled stop on our recent trip to Switzerland, we were sitting in Geneva after a lovely cruise on the lake and pulled out the map to see what was nearby. As we scanned the shores of Lake Geneva, we contemplated going into Lausanne but then saw the medieval city of Yvoire on the French shore and a little further along Evian which, of course, we recognized as the "original" bottled water to hit American stores, back before Pepsi and others tried to scam us all with pictures of mountains on their bottles while the fine print said bottled from municipal sources.

I don't drink a lot of bottled water except when I travel to places where the drinking water might not agree with me. I hate gassy mineral water, you'll see me at the supermarket shaking the bottles if I can't read the labels to make sure it's without gas. Plus living near Lake Michigan we have some of the best drinking water coming right out of our kitchen tap. Still, even if Evian really is mountain spring water, it's hard to get past the fact that Evian spelled backwards is Naive...

From my short stay, I gathered that Evian is a resort town with typical resort activities plus known for it's spa. I don't know that I would have wanted to spend more than a few hours here although it might have been interesting to see the bottled water plant or maybe even pop in for a good spa soak!

Comments