Hotel Berlioz Lyon

More about Hotel Berlioz Lyon

Looking Down Before the ConcertLooking Down Before the Concert

Une gorgouilleUne gorgouille

Le RhoneLe Rhone

Lyon by nightLyon by night

Lyon Hotels

by elise_crash

Okay... we FINALLY have it narrowed down to 2 hotels! Please let me know your thoughts.

Hotel Athena
45 Boulevard Marius Vivier Merle
Lyon, 69003, FR

Hotel Berlioz
12 cours Charlemagne
Lyon, 69002, FR

Thanks!

by puerto_lover

Have you looked at Hotel du Simplon?

Hi, puerto_lover!

I just took a look at the hotel you suggested, and they do not have availability during the time we will be there.

Do you know anything about the hotels we are looking at?

Thanks,

by puerto_lover

Pity. Why don't you take a look at the reviews on Trip Advisor.

by elise_crash

Thank you so much for all your help, pedmar! I also thought the Hotel Berlioz looked like the better choice, so we have booked it for 5 nights. We got an amazing price on the room! It was only USD $73 a night! I can't wait to visit Lyon! It looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Happy Travels!

by JLBG

I am sure you will enjoy Lyon that has a lot to offer. Among other places, do not miss the ancient Romans excavations and museum, the silk museum. If you drive, go to Rochetaillée for an amazing old cars museum and to the old city of Pérouges.

And in my opinion, in culinary delights Lyon is by far the culinary capital of France and Paris is only second. Or may be Paris is only third after Strasbourg.

Travel Tips for Lyon

Basic needs

by travelin_sue

Hope you didn't pay a lot for that luggage! The support bar in my large bag was bent, and there is now a rip in the outer covering of the bag. I did purchase some of the new TSA-approved locks so the bags can be searched, but remain locked. Nice! You can be spotted as an American by those white walking/running shoes we wear. It is not a problem, but the casual shoes worn here are quite unique! Bright colors are not worn much (it is early October as I write this); more muted colors are worn. It's not necessary to dress up for dinner; slacks and jeans are normal. If you bring clothes that are easy to pack and don't need ironing you can forget the iron issue I mention below. Most here are wearing knit tops and sweaters. Bring all your own toiletries-hair care, makeup, deodorant, etc. and medical supplies you usually need. BandAids, swabs, are available at Carrefour if needed. Some of the American brands are here, but the euro make them much more expensive. If you HAVE to have a particular brand bring it! Medicines - bring your own. Make sure you have your prescription meds, and bring all those OTC meds too. That way you will have them, and not require a visit to the physician. There are quite a few Pharmacies, but they have limited items. Of course bring a camera - or two! Every time I turn around I've got the camera out; we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto! If you are digital, an extra storage disk would be helpful; you don't want to get to THE destination and find you have no picture storage available. Adapters for the different electrical current. Our office had a set of several adapters including a dual wattage converter. I've considered purchasing a travel iron here so I will not have to deal with the situation next time I am in France.

Famous Restaurant in Lyon

by mowbio about Brasserie Georges

A friend live in Lyon told me the building used to be the train station. That's why they can serve more than 100 guests at the same time. They have a very special dessert. Looks like a cake but taste like ice cream. Try it!

Sweets

by alza

I don't know about you but when I'm visiting anywhere, I love to see inviting shops and eateries whenever I feel like having a treat to keep walking.

Lyon abounds with such places! Here is one of them. I couldn't resist its colourful façade, with a beautiful reflection of the city in its windows!

The advertisement on the façade says:

Boulangerie (bread)
Pâtisserie (pastries)
Confiserie (candies)
Glaces (ice cream)
Viennoiserie (croissants)
Sandwichs

I bought some great cookies and got a sugar boost to keep walking. :) The wonderful aroma in that pastry shop was already a treat!

Below is the BASILIQUE...

by miaou

Below is the BASILIQUE NOTRE DAME DE FOURVIERE. (This is the one perched on the hill.) The basilica was built in the 19th century - rather young compared to others in France. Be sure to check out its colorful mosaics.

Town named after Fitzroy Footballer Ross Lyon!!

by Onski

"Wasnt here long!"

Well Lyon had a lot to offer but unfortunately I wasnt here long. Arrived about 6pm and was gone on the TGV train at 7am the next morning to Paris. From what I did see it was hard to find a quick bite to eat other than, yep you guessed it, McDonalds. I was also a bit weary of the train station. There was an unusually large amount of people sleeping there, many were begging to, which made it hard to walk through and feel safe. I am not sure if this was the norm but it stick in my head of the place. I did feel safe in the streets though and would like to see more one day.

Comments