Hotel Central

More about Lyon

CrossingCrossing

Towers on West End of ChurchTowers on West End of Church

Bridge on SaôneBridge on Saône

Le tram lyonnaisLe tram lyonnais

Lyon-Hotel

by pattysue

Hello everyone, I will be visiting Lyon in the next 6-7 weeks. Due to foot surgery,I will need a well-located hotel-very central and with air conditioning & an elevator. What are your recommendations??
Thanks Pattysue

Re: Lyon-Hotel

by plancarpin

Hi Patty,
how much are you ready to pay? plenty of hotels are located in downtown (called "Presqu'ile" by us, the locals!)depending on your answer , I will give you the best deals! welcome to Lyon! kind regards jean philippe

Travel Tips for Lyon

Money

by keeweechic

Banks and exchange bureaux give better exchange rates for traveller's cheques than for cash; Banque de France offers the best rates in the country. France's ATMs are plentiful and accept all the major international credit and bank cards. I believe though if you have a card with more than a 4 digit pin, you may have a little trouble with the machines there.

Restaurant for the ambassadors :)

by Erkmen about Restaurant Le Panier a salade

When I was in Lyon, the Chinese delegation was also visiting the city. The prime minister and foreign minister were also in the delegation so there was an enormous control in the city. So many check points and etc..

While I was in the old part of Lyon in noon time, I have seen this restaurant. As the chinese and french delegation were having their lunch inside we were not able to go in.. However I think that in Lyon in betweeen so many restaurants, if they choose this restaurant, it has something special..

Reservation is adviced

Down by the riverside

by b1bob

I thought we were just going to get postcards for my 4 friends who don't yet have e-mail access. However, Luc decided to play tour guide. I had already taken the 50¢ tour of the city 11 years earlier. He wanted me to go to the opera house and revisit the cathedral. I DUG IN LIKE AN ALABAMA TICK (I stubbornly refused) because opera sounds like a banshee in a bear trap and, I thought at that time (almost a year before joining VT) if you've seen one European cathedral, you've seen the lot. I would rather have been stranded in Teheran without my traveler's cheques than to go to either one or both of those places. We crossed the Sâone River on the foot bridge and walked around the shopping district for awhile.

Day trip to Perouges

by rcsparty

If you have the time for a day trip outside of Lyon, I would highly recommend a stop in Perouges. It is a small medievel town, less then an hour away, which is basically in tact from yesteryear. My wife and I spent one night in Lyon and one night at the hotel within the city walls of Perouges. The evening in Perouges was fantastic, from the medievel room and walking up the tower to get to our room, to the dinner at the restaurant, to the stroll around the town. It would be difficult to spend more then an afternoon here, but it is highly recommended.

wolves? what wolves?

by neillcatherine

ski trip - amateur skiier, scared outta my brain. after a drive from lyon (airport from hell) along the road from hell we arrive at a hostel in Les Deux Alpes. beautiful scenery, spent a good grand on the whole holiday and developped a crush on a wrinkly old ski teacher. we didn't see any of tat part of the world - skied morning noon and night and had snow coming out ears. apparently there are wolves, but that might have been made up by teacher to stop us patying until the un-godly hour of 9 oclock.

Comments