Hotel De Noailles Lyon

Hotel De Noailles
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Lyon

Bridge Over the Saone (1)Bridge Over the Saone (1)

The OdeonThe Odeon

Restaurant de FourvièreRestaurant de Fourvière

La basilique de FourvièreLa basilique de Fourvière

Hotels / Apartments in Lyon

by elise_crash

Hello! My husband and I are planning a trip to Lyon at the beginning of September for our anniversary. We are looking at a couple different hotels / apartments. I was wondering if anybody has ever stayed at either of these places and could offer any information about the hotels themseleves and also the locations.

1.) Les Palatines Vaise - Apartments
19-22 Rue de la Fraternelle
Lyon, 69009, FR

2.) Séjours et Affaires Park Avenue
2 Rue Madelaine Fourcade
Lyon, 69007, FR

Any information would be appreciated!

Happy travels!

Lisa

by plancarpin

Hi Lisa,why did you target those 2 locations? very far from downtown, and really not the nicest areas in town (nor the safest)
just a small hint: better choose a zip code with 69002/69003 and 69006 which are much better located.
Big choice of hotels and appartments on website like WWW.booking.com
have a nice stay!
Plancarpin

by elise_crash

Thank you both for your replies!

Plancarpin -- There was no specific reason I chose those locations, other than the hotels looked nice and the prices were the right range.

We, of course, would like to stay somewhere pretty central. But, we are trying to keep the price down to USD $100 (or about 75 euros). It would also be nice if we had use of a small kitchen, so that we can make our own food (even if the room just has a refrigerator and a microwave). If you have any specific suggestions, I would love to hear them!

Thanks for your help!

Lisa

by elise_crash

I forgot to mention... it is also VERY important for us to be close to public transportation, like a Metro stop. We would also prefer to be relatively close to a supermarket.

Hi Lisa,
sorry for bit late answer; I just back yesterday evening from amazing trip in moldova, transdnistria and ukra

oups..finger mistake..
so coming back to your question..
here's a quite good offer having all what you are requesting

the room is 83 euros per night, slightly over your expectation, but really worth it
if too expensive, just let me know, I can sugget cheaper deal, but obviously, lesser overall quality
take care
Jean Philippe

by DAPHNEM

If you want to stay in old city for leisure or work, for 1 night or more, Le Petit Tramassac offers you to live in a comfortable and fully equipped 44 square meters apartment on the 3rd floor without elevator of a 15th century Renaissance building www.lepetittramassac.fr . It's a beautifull place with a very good price. Daph

by elise_crash

Does anybody have any experience with this hotel:

Hotel Dubost - Lyon 19, place Carnot - 69002 Lyon

The location seems good, and the price looks reasonable for what you get. Any thoughts?

I also found one more:

Hotel Campanile Lyon Centre Perrache - Lyon 17, place Carnot - 69002 Lyon

Any comments on this one?

Hi Lisa,
both hotels are just correct..do not expect much from a 2 star hotel located close to a train station; very conviently located , also close to tram, metro and bus station; pedestrian street, rue Victor Hugo, and antique shops street, rue Auguste comte are just on the other side of the square. Place Bellecour, the real center of the city is 10 minutes walk away. be aware that it is not recommendend to stroll around the Perrache station in the middle of the night.

by elise_crash

Thanks for your comments! They are very helpful!

Travel Tips for Lyon

When you arrives to Lyon by...

by mozart_WA

When you arrives to Lyon by motorway from the south, you see the big petrochemical Rhone Valley(Solaize, Feyzin with Elf factories).You think certainly:this city is crap!!!
It's totally wrong!!Why?Because you aren't go in the city which have some hidden secret.
Of course, like all the French, they don't welcome cordially but,if luckily,you meet an English-speaking,so there,you 'll chat.

My heart stoke is a quarter I know good:Monchat
Old Quarter (XIXth century):little house,decrepit walls ,but a given life quarter:associations...

The quarter that is developping is Gerland with lots of superoirs schools:scientist ENS( Ecole normale superieure)forming very high level enginners
Soon,the literary and social sciences ENS forming university teachers .(Open Oct.2000)
Too,There 's a very dangerous laboratory who studying the great epidemic:Ebola,AIDS...
Here is the Football Team Stadium:Olympique Lyonnais(We said O.L)

Another popular spot is...

by miaou

Another popular spot is SMOKING DOGlocated in Vieux Lyon. With library shelves in the front section you think this place is more like a cafe. At nightime it is transformed into a packed house of locals and foreigners. Great music and darts in the back. And if you're hungry, sneak next door to Digor Kebab - I hope it's still there! Friendly bunch of guys and the best kebabs!

Visit Basilique Notre-Dame de Fourvière

by vichatherly

Enthroned on the hill's summit is the 19th-century Basilique Notre-Dame de Fourvière. Rising fortresslike with four octagonal towers and crenellated walls.

Its interior is covered with colored mosaics, and an ancient chapel adjoins the church. A gilded statue of the Virgin surmounts the belfry.

It looks down on Lyon day and night a great sight on the hill

The River Rhone....

by timtrina

And to the other side is the River Rhone - also stunning with it's Parisian architecture - this place just captured our hearts, and there's not a week that goes by that we don't speak fondly of it......

From Rue Victor Huge turn right until you reach Quai du Docteur Gailleton

Former Capital of the Gauls

by alza

"Lugdunum, Caput Galliarum"

After bypassing Lyon many times on my way to other places, I spent a few days there in 2004 and really enjoyed it. I recommend it to anyone who wants to know a real French city. I found it extremely cultured, elegant and at the same time, though busy, rather laid back. Maybe because I had been travelling across France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Northern Italy and Corsica just before ending my trip in Lyon, from where I flew home to Montreal.

Lyon feels a bit like the Frankfurt am Main of France... sorry if the comparison is awkward. :) But it's totally French of course...

In -27, with August as Emperor of the Roman Empire, Lyon became the Capital of the Gauls. The city grew rapidly and became rich and beautiful. Two Roman emperors were born here, Claudius, in 10 B.C., and Caracalla in 186.

I don't know Lyon enough to write a complete introduction to it (but I will go back as soon as I can!) I landed in Lyon in August 2004 and drove immediately from there to Alsace, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Austria again, Italy again, then took a boat to Corsica and a boat back to Toulon, France, before returning to Lyon to take my flight home end of October 2004. That's when I got to know it a bit.
It struck me then as extremely civilised, elegant and pleasant and I would go back on a moment's notice.

I stayed at the Youth Hostel at Fourvière, in Lyon, and had a ball! I ate well and felt very welcomed everywhere I went. Things were easy in Lyon in general, although I still remember it as a puzzle to get around... (probably because of the short time I had there, no time to become familiar with its lay-out.)

I love the presence of the mighty Rhône at the heart of Lyon. The very original and traditional cuisine of the area, the wines there, and the way the Lyonnais in general basically are in general. It's a very authentic city to me.

"Jean Moulin, héro de la Résistance"

I dedicate this page to Jean Moulin, hero of the French Resistance during WWII, arrested in Caluire (Rhône) in the suburb of Lyon during a meeting of Resistance leaders. He was interrogated by Gestapo Chief Klaus Barbie and transferred to Paris where he was tortured. Jean Mouliin died on 8 July 1943, near Metz, in the train that was taking him to Berlin to be further interrogated.

"The Rhône and the Saône run through Lyon"

More generally, I hope to clear the waters enveloping Lyon but as I'm working from memory, didn't really understand the lay of the land when I was there, and am writing with a glass of wine from the Lyon area... I'm confusing myself in the process.

The confluence of the mighty Rhône and of the brown banks of the Saône in Lyon is elusive even to the Lyonnais. The elusiveness is not to be broken like a code before a visit... let the water mystery run its course and you'll discover how Lyon came to be.

Lyon is now the third city of France in size, with half a million inhabitants. It's preceded by Marseille in second place and Paris in first.
The pic is of Quartier Saint-Paul at the northern tip of Old Lyon. Saint-Paul's Church there is one of the oldest of Lyon, its architecture is Roman/Gothic. The district was my favourite for its great bohemian atmosphere, hidden gems of local life that made me feel like I was discovering something at every corner.

It's often said that Paris is best discovered on foot and I agree. I also walked a lot in Lyon and sometimes felt a bit dismayed... but now I know it's because I knew it so little. Landmarks there were not as well known to me as those in Paris so I was wandering... but in retrospect, I can say that Lyon is a city for walkers too.

Comments