BP 35051, Tremblay-en-France, Roissy, Ile-de-France, 95716, France

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel Charles De Gaulle

Superb Service and Excellent Location

by TripAdvisor Member pravin76

Stayed at the Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel for the night because we had an early international flight the next day. The hotel is linked to Terminal 2 and is also directly connected to the RER and TGV train lines.

Give yourself about 30 minutes for the shuttle bus ride from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 if you have an international flight.

The room was quiet and all types of bath amenities were provided. The concierge was helpful in helping us plan a quick trip to Disneyland Paris. Hotel staff also stopped by on multiple occacions to firstly provide us with complimentary bottled water and snacks. Be sure to lock your room door as the hotel staff tend to open the door without knocking.

Would stay here again because of the comfortable beds, convenient location and excellent customer service. A definite 5 star experience.

Very nice for a few days in Paris

by TripAdvisor Member ToohothereinTexas

I stayed on the Club Level at the Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel for two nights recently while in Paris for a meeting. I arrived in Paris in the very early afternoon and the desk agent was able to find me a room without delay. The check in process was efficient and the agent was friendly and professional. The room was functional and spacious with a nice view of the planes arriving and departing but with minimal noise. I spent the remainder of the day working and getting ready for my meetings the next day. The club louge was deserted but well stocked with beverages and snacks. The health club was also deserted and I was able to get a good work out. Unfortunately the steam rooms were closed for maintenance. I had an early dinner from room service which was good but not great. The next day I had continental breakfast in the club lounge which was excellent and the staff were outstanding. I took the train in to central Paris from the station located just below the hotel and connected to the Metro. In the past I have taken a taxi from the airport and stayed at a hotel right in the city center but I must say that using the airport hotel as a base and then using the train was much more efficient. I was in meetings most of the day and then did a little bit of shopping followed by a dinner meeting. I took the train back the airport and had my Value Added Tax refund forms stamped by customs and dropped them in the mail and changed Euros back to dollars prior to going back to my hotel room. I left the following day after getting an update about the airport congestion from the front desk and made it to the gates in no time. Overall, I found the Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel to be very comfortable and its location right at the airport made my trip go very smoothly. My only complaint was the internet connection. It was rather expensive (42 Euros per day but that rate also included free movies) which was okay since I get reimbursed for the charges. However, the connection speeds were painfully slow despite being labelled as high speed. The hotel really needs to update their internet connection to one that is truly high speed and wireless. However, this was my only problem with the hotel and I would stay here again if I had a short stay for a meeting in Paris.

Quietest Hotel Room Ever1

by TripAdvisor Member TEEVEE

A great place for layovers in Paris. So convenient, we picked up our luggage from an international flight and wheeled it straight to hotel. The rooms were absolutely silent...even with views of active runways out the window. It was unbelievable how quiet it was. Rooms are good size for Europe - designed well for closetspace. Small bottle of wine left for us on club floor was a nice touch. Good size bathroom with both tub and separate shower. Service at hotel was excellent and breakfast in hotel restaurant (included in club floor rate) was very good.
We had an evening to kill, so quickly hopped downstairs in airport directly below hotel and jumped on a train that took us to downtown Paris in less than 30 minutes for about $10. Trains run until around Midnight to get back. We'd consider coming back the night before a flight from CDG even if we were staying in Paris for convenience of being right inside airport for check-in, etc.

Served our needs wonderfully

by TripAdvisor Member OrrvilleRedRider

My family and I spent a very happy one night here before our morning flight this past June. We decided to book at the airport since our flight left at 10:30 AM, and we were coming in from the Loire Valley (way too far to drive for a flight that early, and it didn't make sense to do Paris for a single night). The room, while compact, was very efficiently designed -- with built-ins almost like an RV (but very high end carpentry) -- so the lack of overall space didn't translate into a cramped feeling. I concur with the comment earlier -- this was one of the quietest rooms I've ever slept in. We could see the planes landing and taxiing, but could not hear them. The quality of bedding and linens was excellent. Lighting in the room -- one of my sensitive issues -- was fine.

We used Starwood points for a free night, so I can't comment on the cost. The ability to roll our suitcases out of the lobby door and be in the airport was very handy, and made for a much happier arrival and check-in process (especially with the check-in line taking 90 minutes).

I would recommend the hotel for stays like ours.

Mixed Review

by TripAdvisor Member LAMember

Spent a night here on my way back to LA from Turkey recently. My flight got in at 11pm and my LA flight was leaving early in the morning so I wanted the most convenient option possible. The Sheraton delivered on that score. It is right in the CDG airport, between the terminals. I am pretty sure all the other hotels at the airport require a shuttle bus - I just rolled my suitcase to the Sheraton.

Unfortunately, since they have a bit of a monopoly they have obvioulsy let things slide. The staff when I checked in spoke very little English (including the night manager) so it was hard to get basic information from them. Also, the first room they put me in was very hot (even though it was 70 degrees outside). Like many European hotels they save energy by not turning on the A/C before the guest arrives. OK, for the environment we should probably all do this but at these rates it was a rude shock. When I turned on the A/C it made a large grinding noise, certainly not something I could sleep with. I informed the front desk but again communicating was hard. Finally, after 15 minutes, someone came up and had a key to another room for me.

The room itself, by the way, was clean, decent size, quiet and had a cool view of the runway.

A few other quibbles: when I inquired about using either my computer or their business center to check my e-mail I was informed that the computer center was closed at night and that I could use my TV to check e-mail at 20 Euros for 30 minutes - not exactly a good deal. Apparently, I would have had to pay the same price in the computer center. Also, to make a toll-free call they charge 3.5 Euros! This is definitely a hotel that, despite high room costs, gauges the guest on incidentals. Had I taken the continental breakfast, it would have set me back 29 more Euors.

In short, if you are on business and all costs are picked up by your employer, this place is recommended. If cost is no object and you speak good French, also recommended. For the rest of us, it's probably better to stay at one of the other CDG options.

Beautiful hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member JohnParis

Beautiful hotel, built inside the international CDG terminal 2, excellent service, great restaurants! Magnificent club sandwich on the 24h room service!
Of course, it’s not meant to be an obvious option for a stay in Paris, but…

Great location, but TERRIBLE concierge...

by TripAdvisor Member AmoItalia

First, I agree with the reviews about the location and overall condition of the hotel. It's a very nice property, and perfect if you're flying into terminal 2 for a short stay in Paris. The rooms are compact, but well appointed. We stayed on the club floor, but I didn't consider the price difference in rooms worth it. The club is quite small and nothing special compared to other hotel clubs.

However, our overnight stay was somewhat tainted by a concierge (Jorge) at the hotel. I had emailed him a week prior to our arrival asking him to confirm a dinner reservation, that I had made myself a month prior, for a very popular Paris restaurant. A few days after I sent my email, he emailed back simply stating that all he'd have to do was "call to confirm". Uh, yeah, that's why I asked, but whatever... Anyway, shortly after we checked in I called down and spoke directly to him, asking, again, to have our reservation confirmed (he had no memory of my request, and had obviously not called the restaurant to confirm, per my previous request). I also inquired about how difficult, or not, it would be to get a taxi. He was quite brief with his answers, and made it very clear that I was somehow wasting his time. He told me the he would get us a taxi at 6:00 (the time I specified we wanted to leave). At 5:50, I was impressed to receive a call from him informing us that the taxi was there, and for a brief moment I thought I was wrong about the service. I told him we would be down in 10 minutes (at 6:00, as previously arranged), and on our way out to the cab I stopped to give him a gratuity for his "help". Imagine our shock to get into the taxi with almost $20 euro already on the meter. According to the driver, there is a $10 euro fee for coming to the hotel (eventhough it's AT the airport!) and $1 euro a MINUTE for waiting for us (keep in mind he was there 10 minutes BEFORE 6:00, our requested departure time!). This clearly should have been disclosed to us by the concierge. I'm fairly well traveled, and aware of taxi fees involved when in a remote location, but we were at the airport, with no shortage of taxis. We immediately got out of the taxi (but, yes, paid the fare that we were completely unaware of in advance!) and caught another cab through the terminal exit. Mad, and by that time, late for our reservation, we arrived at the restaurant in Paris only to be informed that our reservation had never been confirmed. Needless to say, I was not at all surprised.

I would probably stay at the hotel again for the convenience of the location, but would make any travel and restaurant arrangements myself!

Yes if you have work in Tremblay, no for almost everything else!

by TripAdvisor Member blue_who

On one of my trips to Paris I had some work in Tremblay-en-France, which is located quite close to CDG Airport. Given the paucity of quality accommodations close to the airport (the Courtyard Marriott is your next best bet), I chose to stay at the Sheraton itself.

If staying here make sure you inform the hotel on multiple occasions that you require a hotel transfer. CDG is a mess in any case and they need to send you a bus to get to the hotel (which is located in a terminal which hopefully you'll be lucky enough to land in). I made the mistake of only informing them once and had to wait 45 minutes for a 10 minute ride.

The hotel itself is expensive and not really worth the cost. It has a beautiful lobby and even the floors are great but the rooms are small, overlook the runway and quite honestly badly priced. I paid 35 Euro for daily internet access, which is just highway robbery.

It has an okay-ish restaurant for lunch and dinner. Breakfast is also served there and is really good, but after waiting forever to get to the hotel and then paying crazy prices for everything you aren't left with much of an appetite.

I have also stayed at the Courtyard Marriott near the hotel and if I have to work in Tremblay-en-France again, I would definitely choose to stay there.

One more tidbit - if you are stuck in Tremblay, pay a visit to the village of Tremblay. It's beautiful, cobbled streets and a bunch of homes converted to cafes along with a large, opulent chinese restaurant of all things! Eat at a crepe place there (I forgot the name but it's really small in a house right outside the park) and remember to tip the waitress, she's all alone waiting on every table!

It's all about location

This hotel is situated within CDG airport, and it is the only hotel in this position. So if you need to get an early flight, this is the place to be, if you can afford it (yes, it IS expensive). Rolling your bagage to the terminal is really simpler than waiting for a shuttle.

Rooms aren't very big (not even on the club etage), but who would spend there a lot of time anyway? It is completely sound-proof, and we loved watching the airplanes taking off. The club lounge was nice, and there was not only tasty food but also public computers with internet access and printers.

Check-in was somewhat incompetent (the first person didn't prepare our cards for lounge access, and our free "gift" --- in fact a bagage lock --- wasn't in our room), but this could be rectified in no time.

So, in short, we really liked this place.

Lost Trust - only bad food I have ever had in France

by TripAdvisor Member nuc

My 3rd visit was a bust! The price is high, the location is good, room service is expensive and until this last experience good. I have lost trust that on arriving to the Sheraton I am about to carve out a little piece of good travel experience! No more expectation that this will be a good experience. I arrived around 22:30 exhausted. I stood in line 40+ minutes to check in. "Good news" I got the last non-smoking room. I get to the room and the perfume knocks me down. I try to stick it out, but as my head throbs I call the desk. I can move, but to a room with twin beds that is smoking. Believe it or not, it smelled better. For the food: While standing in line, we learn the restaurants are closing at 11:00, but don't worry you can order room service. I call room service and as in the other times (so this is 3 out of 3), I get someone who does not speak English very well. Yes, I don't speak French, but in this international terminal, would you not expect the person answering the phone for room service to speak English well enough you could order wine? The only thing available was a club sandwich or salad (the kitchen was closed - not mentioned when standing in line). The salad came with brown lettuce (really disgusting!) and fingers of chicken or turkey (could not tell by the taste) cut from some pressed hunk of poultry meat. Nice touch! There was a sardine wrapped around some relish, this was my dinner since the lettuce looked like something scrapped off returned plates and the press poultry was scary! I had ordered a melon dish for desert. The kiwi had seen their better day, and overall this was as good as your local grocery might turn out. Price for this gourmet meal? 78 Euros! So I wonder, is the price worth it? Or should I just take a shuttle in the future to a hotel in the airport vicinity that has a price in line with the service? The Sheraton has raised its price, but there is not longer a nice bath robe, no body lotion, average toiletries in what they do supply and the rooms are beginning to look a little tierd. I will really have to reconsider if I book again, and room service will be viewed as a highly risking afair in the future!

Comments