Walk to Pestkapelle (Part 2)
Behind Pestkapelle, you'll see a street which takes you to the small village Wackersberg (situated to your left). It's now about 1.5 hours later, and you are halfway "through" it. If you need a drink, a meal, or a bathroom: There's a restaurant in Dorfstraße. You really won't miss Dorfstraße, basically the only street In Wackersberg.
To go back to Bad Töltz,
- turn right into Dorfstrasse. (Again, won't miss Dorfstrasse.)
- You'll find another sign to your left "Isar-Wanderweg nach Bad Tölz". Yes, this part leads you diagonally across a pasture or meadow.
- At the end of the pasture, you'll find a new signpost. If not, the path was not visible, and you are a bit too far left. So turn right and go down the barely visible path there until you see the aforementioned signpost.
- Eventually, you'll come to a road. Turn right, go down the road for ~400 yards. This part is a drag (fortunately the only one) as the road lacks a sidewalk and is pretty frequented.
- After those 400 yards, you'll find the next sign to your left .
This is now the Isar-Wanderweg (Isar Trail), which will take you back to Bad Tölz.
This part - from Wackersberg back to Bad Tölz - is very different from the first part from Bad Tölz to Pestkapelle, not only because of the river with its clear, turquoise water and the current, but also because of the stunted pine trees along the trail. It almost looks like an enchanted forest, but very bright, open and sunny.
After another hour or 4km, you are back in Bad Tölz, and you'll agree that it was very well worth it.