Lugbank 5, Bamberg, Bavaria, 96049, Germany

Booking.com Priceline.com

• DLITTLE1969's Profile Photo

Great Location

I stayed the weekend after Christmas 08. Great staff, clean rooms. Honor beer bar at the entrance, the price was a steal I drank most of the top shelf. Breakfast was well done. Parking was a challenge. I ended in the underground deck. There was one lot across the street, appeared to stay full. I would love to stay here again.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

A middling affair

The room was spacious, the view was atmospheric (along a cobblestone street), fresh towels, rooms cleaned daily, plenty of choice for breakfast, staff very helpful.
    There is no lift, though the straff will gladly assist with your luggage.
    There is also free internet, a big plus for me.

Unique Quality: I loved it here. The location right in the middle of the old quarter makes it an excellent place for a tourist.
    There are dozens of restaurants within easy walking distance and the famous Rathaus is just one block away yet it is a quiet hotel.
    It is also the site of Bamberg's oldest brewery and a historic building in its own right.
    Rates are reasonable and you can easily book over the internet.

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Great location, near river and center in Altstadt

Nice older hotel, greatly appointed inside. Good clean hotel and excellent location within short walking distance to good bars and restaurants. This Hotel has an excellent breakfast too on an 0 to 10 scale it is an 8.

Unique Quality: Several old Luesterweibchens in the restaurant area. Worth seeing as the original ones are quite uncommon. When I visit Bamberg I stay here if possible.

Directions: From the main train station, it is a taxi ride. By car there is parking, about a three blocks walk.

• iluvtrvl's Profile Photo

Comfortable and Affordable

Hotel Weierich is a small hotel, in a 450 year old building. It is located in the old part of town, well within walking distance of the historical buildings and monuments in the city. It is a distance to the train station - I would estimate 3 to 4 miles, so a taxi is the best route to/from the hotel. Cost was less than $10 Euro, including tip.

The hotel has a small lobby, breakfast room and separate dining room/pub. Many of the lobby furnishings appear to be antiques, and the chandeliers are quite fascinating. My room was comfortable, a double bed, small television, chair and armoir, with a shower and toilet. The room faced the street, however, there is not much auto traffic, so there was not much street noise at all.

I paid $50 Euro for my 1 night stay, which included a traditional German continental breakfast of breads, musli, yogurt, coffee, juice, various sliced meats and cheese. The staff were extremely outgoing and friendly. I ate dinner in the restaurant - the waitress did not speak English, and my German was simple, and there was not an English menu. She was so concerned that she got the chef and brought him to my table - he spoke English. Dinner was good, Salmon and potatoes, with a very good white house wine. I prearranged a taxi for 6:30 am the next morning, and it arrived on time (another indication that the staff takes care of details).

Unique Quality: The chandeliers in the lobby area were something I have never seen. Antlers and carved people - I'll post a picture because I could never describe this correctly.

Great location for exploring this UNESCO World Heritage site on foot.

No elevator - people with difficulties climbing stairs should not stay here.

More about Hotel Weierich

Christmas market and Nativity Scenes

by iluvtrvl

I visited Bamberg in mid-December, when the Weihnachtsmarkt were in full swing. The interesting thing about the Christmas Market(s) in Bamberg is that it seemed to be one long market - starting just steps from my hotel (Weierich), and stretching blocks away to Maximilliam Platz, where the greatest amount of stalls were located. Also interesting to explore is the Nativity Trail - a self-guided walking tour of churches to see nativity scenes.

I explored Bamberg in 1 day, and saw quite a bit, but would have enjoyed an extra day there. I think using Bamber as a base to explore other towns nearby would also be a good idea, based on the value of the lodging and meals purchased there.

Where to stay in Bamberg?

by Judith12

Hello, My husband and I are headed to Bamberg for 3 nights in mid-March. We are looking for a place to stay on the "Old Town" side of the river. I am looking at the following places and wondered if you had any opinions or other suggestions. Thanks!
Hotel Weierich, Brudermuehle, Barockhotel Am Dom, Wilde Rose.

Re: Where to stay in Bamberg?

by bonio

Hi,
We spent some time there last year and stayed in one of the brewery hotels. Faessla. It's clean and simple just €50 for B&B last year. All rooms en-suite too. Food and beer excellent.
www.faessla.de should get you there. Would certainly stop there again. Several other breweries offer accommodation too I think. Drop me a line if I can help more
Alan

Re: Re: Where to stay in Bamberg?

by FreeCloud

Did not have time to visit there, but generally speaking in Germany, many towns have their own website either www.townname.com or www.townname.de. Many website has English version (if not multi-lingual), and detail list of accomodation (detail description).

Best luck and have a great time.

Re: Where to stay in Bamberg?

by christine.j

Hi, last year we stayed at the Bamberger Hof. It's outside the old part of town, but very close. It took us about five minutes to walk to the bridges. We liked the hotel, their rooms are spacious, the breakfast was enough for the whole day. Somewhat strange though, there is no door between the bathroom and the bedroom area of the room. So you cannot sleep in, while your partner is taking a shower early in the morning. But apart from that it was okay and not too expensive.
Christine

RE: Where to stay in Bamberg?

by MichaelFalk1969

The Brudermühle is the best options in my opinion, they have a nice adjoining building called "Mehlwaage" with a view on the river and the Old Town Hall, it has reasonable prices and a good breakfast buffet.

Comments