2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about Berchtesgaden

1950 street scene1950 street scene

The false waterfallThe false waterfall

One of the many faces of WatzmannOne of the many faces of Watzmann

Soft ripples on the waterSoft ripples on the water

Hotel Wittelsbach in Berchtesgaden.

by mtguy

Is anyone familiar with this hotel? Or has anyone stayed there? Just wondering if it is in a good location,safe and clean. Thanks in advance for any information

Re: Hotel Wittelsbach in Berchtesgaden.

by margsch

There is 1 review on tripadvisor and the customer wasn,t all that happy but his complaints were mainly about the internet, have a look at the website and type in the name of the hotel - unfortunately there is only the 1 review + I often find some people expect a lot for a budget Hotel.. I,m certain the hotel will be clean, I,ve stayed in many Hotels in Germany and have never come across a dirty one.

Re: Hotel Wittelsbach in Berchtesgaden.

by CaryLeung

From internet, the popularity rating of this hotel is quite high among other hotels at Berchetesgaden. I intends to reserve a room in mid Sept but it has been fully booked.

Travel Tips for Berchtesgaden

Let's Take a Picture of Each Other...

by NC_Ziggy

Me taking a picture of you taking a picture of me taking a picture of you taking a picture of me taking a picture of you taking a picture of me... I could go on, but why? Hey! I have an idea! Let's swap pictures so I can torture these poor folks some more! ;-)

Stammtisch.

by kenbac

Stammtisch.
When you enter a bar, restaurant, etc. you will see one or more tables with a sign 'Stammtisch' on or over it. This is for regular customers, so do not sit there. You probably won't be served there anyway.

Hiking trails arround Konigsee

by codrutz

Berchtesgaden National Park is a paradise for hikers, offering a highly relaxing landscape. From St. Bartholoma I saw some trails leading up to the mountains. For hiking and nature lovers, this would be a great place to wonder trough and then look back at the Konigsee lake.

Franziskanerkirche & Franziskaner Kloster

by globetrott

Franziskanerkirche is my favorite church in Berchtesgaden and it was built in the year 1488 for the Augustinian-nuns and was changed to a franciscan church and monastery in 1695. In 1822 the monastery was given up and the building was first used by the bavarian ministery of justice and recently it became the seat of the National Park Berchtesgaden.
Normally you may see the interior of Franziskanerkirche freely and without restrictions during the day, it is quite interesting to see the gothic construction with a row of columns in the middle of the church, deviding the church into 2 halfs, both of wich are equally decorated. Normally you would expect a large nave in the centre and columns at both sides, but here it is different !

The diversion

by iandsmith

Of course, when I arrived early Saturday at the bobsledding, it hadn't actually started; then, right beside me, I saw a trail. Ever tempted upward I moved off, planning just to gain a little height.
Unfortunately, my curiousity got the better of me and, with adrenalin flooding through my veins, I climbed higher and higher on the Kuhroint trail (pics 2-5), only I didn't know that then. The problem was I didn't yet have any maps or route guides and my host had told me that it was too dangerous with the footwear that I had to attempt any serious walking on high.
Of course, that only made me want to do it more!
So it was that when the rocky crag of Grunstein broke through the trees I just wanted to go up and see more of it.
Grunstein is one of the standout features above where the boats depart on Koenigstein and the trail I was on can take you there, or the upper summer pastures of Kuhroint and the on-site huts, or right through to Watzman, the highest point in Berchtesgaden National Park at 2,713 metres.

Comments