Dinkelsbühl Hotels

Our Members Say

• Maryimelda profile photo Maryimelda
  • Reviews: 973

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Goldenes Lamm: A family affair....

It's called a hotel but it is more reminiscent of an old world inn. The building is very old but beautifully and I would say lovingly maintained. I was greeted by one of the owners, a lovely lady with a beautiful baby on her arm. Baby and all she insisted on carrying my bag to my room two floors above. It was a lovely attic room with dark wooden beams and low ceilings, a generous and well kept bathroom, heavy timber furniture and cable TV with one English channel.

Breakfast, which was included in the price was an excellent buffet. A feature that gave it the edge on many others was that there was an electric frying pan provided so that the guests could cook their own bacon and eggs. To English, Australians and Americans this is a very welcome addition to the traditional European breakfast buffet. I would definitely stay there again and I highly recommend it to others.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Photography, Budget Travel
  • Written December 9, 2009
Tip Photo

Hotel Goldenes Lamm......

• sailornappo profile photo sailornappo
  • Reviews: 79

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Family Walter & Ruth Lechler: Dinkelsbuehl hidden secret

April, 2007

Having just come back from a 3 week trip around Germany, I like to share my experience with "Ferienwohnungen" (Vacation apartments) as offered in many towns and cities.
Most if not all of these completely equipped 1 or 2-bedroom apartments come with all utentils, towels, TV etc. as one would have at home. As we travelled by car, unless in an area where parking space is a premium (like inside of an old walled village), parking is usually included.

The benefit of such accomodations are many, as one can choose to eat out or have food/wine "at home" at considerable savings as well as having contact with REAL people who KNOW the area you are staying. Also, one is not tied to breakfast schedules as in B&B. Of course, as there is no "Roomservice", one will have to do "housekeeping" and dispose of trash oneself in the proper containers as instructed by the owner.
Many times, such accomodations are half or even less of a hotel room only, with at least twice the space and more. Also, the price quoted is for at least 2 people, sometimes more.

One - and the most enjoyable one we found in the old historic town of Dinkelsbuehl. To be free of schedules, we never make any reservations ahead and after having driven from Fuessen (Neuschwanstein Castle) in Bavaria to spend some time in this area, we stopped at the local tourist info to check for accomodation. Looking through the multitude of listings, we chose one just a couple km outside the old town, yet very conveniant to other things to do, like Rothenburg o.d.T. etc.

The owner of this former farm greeted us warmly, and after showing us the place, we could not have found anything better. 2 bedrooms, large livingroom, complete kitchen, nice bathroom and all the amenities one would not even have in a hotel, including a sun porch in front of the door, bikes to be used, a ping-pong table in the barn, a swing for kids and a large garden with some chickens in the back.

And the best...all this for ....30 Euro/night. The woman even went as far as to drive with us to the local bakery so we would not get lost. If you ever look for a nice place to stay in this area, I can really recommend this one in particular. Unfortunately, they do not have a website or even e-mail, but are listed in the local tourist office.
Here is the address: