Feldbergstrasse, nr. 2, Munich, Bavaria, 81825, Germany
Booking.com eDreams

More about Bed and Breakfast Zeevat

Home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member jernat

Fatima and Jan were the best hosts possible. Four of us stayed overnight and were made to feel at home instantly. The comfortable room, delicious breakfast and fantastic conversations made this one of the best B & B stays we've ever experienced. Secure onsight parking was also appreciated. We'll be back for sure!

The best place to stay in Munich!!

by TripAdvisor Member lazur

Zeevat's bed and breakfast really makes you feel at home. The house and rooms are so cozy and welcoming. The hosts are amazingly warm people who really accept you as part of their family. They are also very helpful with directions and tips about how to experience the best of the city.

This B&B truly offers the best value possible for your money and will make your stay in Munich unforgettable. It will add a lovely, interesting and enriching international touch to your trip.

Last but not least for the animal lovers, be prepared to meet the world's sweetest two big dogs :-)

Absolutely the best!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member kahaluu

This place is great but the hosts were just the best!!!! Our bags were lost and they literally gave us the clothes off of their backs to wear! After a long journey they sat with us and gave us a beer! This, after going to the airport to pick us up twice. Jan called daily about out bags. The breakfasts were wonderful! What a spread! Fatima even washed our clothes for us! But the most special thing was we were foreigners in a foreign place for Christmas and they invited us to share their family Christmas dinner. We come from the land of ALOHA but these people were full of Aloha! Jan sat down daily with my husband and helped him with maps and travel plans. Fatima took us to the stores to buy what we needed. I appreciated up to the minute weather reports before our trip and the use of the computer when I was there. I don't think I can put into words how wonderful these people were to us! I can not give enough praise to them or their very nice house. We will remember them always!

Beautifull days in Munich

by TripAdvisor Member samGalati

Me and my wife felt very good at Zeevat's Bed and Breakfast. The hosts, Jan and Fatima are very nice and friendly. The room was big, clean and very cosy. The house was sited in a quiet zone, near to centre, New Trade Fair Centre and to the malls.
Sorin

Wonderful, Marvelous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Curitibanos

We loved to stay in Zeevat's B&B, the place is clean, and great, FATIMA and JAN are amazingly warm people, just the best!!!!!
JAN and Fatima are very patient and lovely with my son Sergio(4YO), he loved them.
The house and rooms are welcoming. They are also very helpful with everything you need in Munich.

Loved Zeevat!

by TripAdvisor Member Gops-64

My wife, 5 year old daughter and me stayed at Zeevat during the soccer World Cup. Fatima and Jan are great hosts, and especially fond of (and patient with!) children. Munich was better for staying with them! And for those of you who are dog lovers, Obelix and Terry are the icing on the cake, so to speak........

While its a little distant from downtown Munich, the connectivity is excellent - the bus to the train station stops at the gate of the house.

The attic room is really cool.

Just like home!

by TripAdvisor Member pampou

We arrived very late coming from Paris and Jan and Fatima welcomed us really warmly inspite of the late hour! Lovely room,
great breakfast , delightful company! What a shame we weren't able to stay longer.
In any case, if and when we go back to Munich we won't stay anywhere else!

Warm and Inviting

by TripAdvisor Member smeier09

From the moment we walked in the door-Jan and Fatima treated us like one of their own family! What a wonderful and inviting place to stay. Not only was the company great, the room comfortable, but the company and advice about Munich were also superb! I highly recommend the Zeevat's!

So Kind

by TripAdvisor Member SusanChina

I must say it just like home with kind host and hostess,and with two big lovely dogs.They give me the feeling so warm.We are lucky to book the rooms there instead of IBIS.
We have happy time for staying there 7 days.Yan make us breakfast,and try to cook Chinese breakfast in last two days;Fastima booked the air tickets for us...they do so many things for us,we felt we just live in the home of our relatives in China.
I'd like to thanks for them.
Thanks.
And thanks again.

Like staying with friends

by TripAdvisor Member Titanole

It was the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor that convinced me to stay at Zeevat's. Fatima was very helpful before I arrived and both she and Jan could not have been more hospitable. They are more than happy to sit with guests in the evening to chat or watch a bit of telly. (Jan helped me watch the German "Who Wants to be a Millionnaire" by translating some of the questions.) I usually don't eat much for breakfast, but they put out quite a spread for those who do. The proximity to the bus (the stop is right in front of the house) is so convenient. And the rate was very reasonable for all they offer.

Gosh it seems strange to not have one criticism, but I honestly cannot come up with one. Anyone looking for a touch of home away from home in Munich would be missing out if they did not give Zeevat's a try.

Old Prussian uniformOld Prussian uniform

ResidenzResidenz

RathausRathaus

Swans chase the rowboatsSwans chase the rowboats

by leoinv1

Hi,

I am going to Munich for a few days with my wife in September. I am going to ask the question that I am sure many people are asking: I am looking for some nice and reasonably priced restaurants not too far from the city center or in Schwabing that serve local (Bavarian/German/Austrian) food. I am not a big beer drinker, so the quality or selection of beer is not an important consideration for me.

When I say reasonably priced, I am not talking about fast food. Just want to avoid very pricey/fancy/touristy places and visit the restaurants where the locals go to have lunch or dinner.

Re: Please recommend some good and reasonable priced restaurants with traditional food in Munich

by globetrott

Rathauskeller, right under the townhall at Marienplatz

by globetrott

>>>Can you recommend any good good web sites that have independent reviews of Munich restaurants?<<<
Yes I can :
www.virtualtourist.com

by nomad7890

We had dinner at Prinz Mishkin twice - it was that good. It is actually a vegetarian restaurant (my son went vegetarian on us) - but it was so good I looked forward to returning. Here's the links to the reviews:

As previously mentioned, do look thru the restaurants reviewed in this site - I have found some good places.

by Donna_in_India

I second Rathauskeller (or Ratskeller). Nice atmosphere. Not as touristy as I expected. Really enjoyed our lunch. The link to my review is: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/8295b/8f0f/2/

by Kathrin_E

Spöckmeyer, in Sendlinger Straße, just round the corner from Marienplatz, on the same block as Kaufhof department store.

by Maryimelda

Donisl on Weinstrasse 1. Try the Schweinshaxl und Knodl (Spelling?)

by glissi

Hi,
try the Schneider Weisse im Tal. Tal is the street adjacent to Marienplatz towards the east, and from Marienplatz, it's about 200m down the Tal on the left hand side.
(See http://www.weisses-brauhaus.de/)
(Mind you, it is rather close to the city centre, which means it is a bit touristy there..)
Try an Aventinus there (dark Weissbier Bock).

Best,
Glissi

by sabsi

Hi,

here are some local favourites:

Steinheil, Steinheilstraße 16, 80333 München (near the university in Maxvorstadt)
They serve the biggest Schnitzel in town. They are so big that you cant finish your meal. Doggy bags are standard here! Very popular and always busy.

Alter Simpl, Türkenstraße 57, 80799 München (close to university)

Augustiner, Neuhauser Straße 27, 80331 München (in the main shopping street)

Zum Franziskaner, Perusastr. 5, 80333 München (in town, close to Odeonsplatz)

Hope this helps.
Sabs

by Kakapo2

Great suggestions! Especially Alter Simpel and Spöckmeyer. Every time I go back to Munich I make sure to go there.

A great place for a nice meal would be the Turmstüberl, as it is, as the name suggests, in a little tower from where you have a nice view:

Comments