Courtyard Munich City Center

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

A Sunday Night Stayover

This was a preferred hotel by our company travel agents. It was a short walk from the Munich Hauptbahnhof and the city centre.

I was in a second floor room, sadly it has a very poor view which is looking into the center of the building. It is at least quiet. It is comfortable and had reasonable facilities, although the rooms have no minibar, but they do have a fridge. The reception has a business centre with free internet access and a shop which is open 24 hours a day (called The Market).

When I checked in, or should that be tried to check in? There was some problems in finding my reservation both by name and confirmation number. They finally found the booking and I was able to get to my room.

Directions: A short walk from the Hauptbahnhof (Munich Main Railway Station)

More about Courtyard Munich City Center

serviceable hotel in a decent location

by TripAdvisor Member dnumgis02

I must commend Marriott for reducing the rate to the 99 Euros/night weekend rate after calling up their reservations center. The hotel is two blocks away from the train station or Hauptbahnhof. Walking to Marienplatz, the tourist center of Munich, takes 15 minutes. The English Garden is about a 20 minute walk and the Schwabing neighborhood is 30 minutes. All areas can be easily accessed by Munich's efficient subway system, the U-Bahn. The hotel itself is clean and serviceable. Platinum members get free internet access using a personal laptop and free breakfast. Since I stayed during the off-peak tourist season, there were a mixed group of guests at the hotel from German to Spanish to American. Business travelers used to the Marriott Courtyard experience in the US should get similar treatment in Munich.

Very nice hotel in a convenient location for exploring the Christmas markets

by TripAdvisor Member Sarahbeac1

I stayed here for one night whilst in Munich visiting the Christmas markets.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the main station. It is a convenient but not very picturesque location. Saying that, however, it did not feel unsafe (we were two girls) and was only about a 10-15 minute walk to the Marienplatz where the main Christmas market is located.
The hotel is modern, clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. We arrived early and were checked straight in. The rooms, although not overly large, were bright and comfortable. The bathroom was an adequate size and the shower was wonderful.
Good breakfast buffet in the morning (EUR 19 if not included) with plenty of hot and cold choices.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and would certainly stay again if I ever return to Munich.

Terrific Munich spot!

by TripAdvisor Member EcKcTrip

Hotel is conveniently located to the main train station in Munich. Easy walking to many sights in Munich. Rooms were very clean and the staff was wonderful. Food was good but better were the food establishments around town. Even the train station had a great pastry shop! (The train station is like a mini Mall.) Bank was right across the street. Our room was quiet and the bed very comfortable. Even though we used the card that told housekeeping not to give us clean towels every day, we did receive clean towels. Relatively new hotel in a city that we felt very safe to walk around at night. Fun town!

solid without charme

by TripAdvisor Member GayGuyFromBerlin

The fairliy new courtyard in Munich next to the train station is okay, but really only that. For my taste, the house is much too geared towards the us-american tourist/traveller who wants to be safe and knowing what is what. Taking into account Munich inner city hotel prices, the house is too expensive also. Staff is friendly and helpful and a 24 mini shop at reception is a great idea, but rooms are uneventful, boring, not even really modern - just your standard american chain hotel stuff. breakfast is hughely overpriced at 19,- Euros - go to an nice café and have breakfast in style for less! Location is great if you don't mind being in the central station area.
We booked a king through an online broker but ended up getting two queen beds. Did the receptionist think that it is impossible that 2 guys actually want to sleep in the same bed? Admitteldly, we were too lazy to go back down to reception to complain.
Be aware of noise in street facing rooms - the road is very busy, so you'll have to keep your windows shut for silence. Our bach-facing room was heavenly quiet. Small, ill-equipped gym (again: standard fare...)

Great quiet hotel - good breakfast and close to S-bahn/U-bahn stations

by TripAdvisor Member LMC_77

We booked this hotel through ebookers.co.uk for a 3 night Sunday to Wednesday stay in the middle of December 2007. We paid £75 per night for a double room including breakfast which was significantly less than many similar hotels charged for the same period (though I think weekend stays are cheaper).

The hotel is one and a half blocks from the Hauptbahnhof (main train station), and therefore is a slightly seedy area alongside many of the other 3/4 star hotels. There are several 'massage' parlours and sex shops on all the streets around the station, but this did not make us feel unsafe and I think you just have to accept that railway stations around the world seem to attract the sex trade and that most Germans aren't bothered by it! We just turned a blind eye to it all.

The staff at the hotel were friendly and efficient. I was impressed that the reception staff did not automatically speak English to us as is usually the case in international hotels, but I did notice that they do speak fluent English if required (so don't panic!).

The hotel is arranged in a 'T' shape, with most of the rooms looking out onto a back yard/car park, hence off the main street and quieter. We were in room 125, which we found to be very quiet despite being above the bar/restaurant. The bathroom was spotless and the room itself was a generous size for a city centre hotel in Europe.

The breakfast is buffet-style and caters for both North American and European tastes. We found plenty we could eat and were pleased that it was served from 6.30am until about 10.30am (good for late risers!).

The only very minor problem we had was with the heating/air-conditioning controls, but the temperature of the room was fine most of the time.

All in all we were very happy with the hotel and would recommend it to others wishing to use it as a base for a few days in Munich/Bavaria. As the train station is so close, it is easy to catch a train to most places in Germany and beyond while not missing out on breakfast!

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member rbrandsix

My daughter and I were in Munich for one night just before Christmas. I was looking for a place to stay that was reasonably priced but also nice. I am a big fan of "charm" but it isn't always in my price range.

I had joined their rewards club, and so looked for specials on their website for members. We got a room with breakfast for 67 euro per night.

I went to the hotel hopeful, but without great expectations. I was so pleasantly surprised. The room and beds were very comfortable. The shower was excellent. And anyone looking to get a full breakfast in a pleasant setting will be happy here.

If you don't mind staying near the train station, and especially if you can get a good price on the room, I would totally recommend this hotel.

great location- Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member kwconsult

We stayed 2 nights at the Munich City Centre Courtyard. It was a 2 block walk from train station and about 4 blocks from the Christmas market. Since our family of 4 does not mind alittle walking, especially after a heavy meal and a few pints , this was perfect. The hotel was very clean, much nicer than many Courtyards we have stayed in the States. The staff was very helpful and recommended a wonderful Bavarain Restaurant. We would defintely go back to Munich and would stay at the Courtyard.

Good standard hotel

by TripAdvisor Member NoTentsHere

This hotel is conveniently located within a few hundred metres of the main train station. It is quite a short walk to Marienplatz also although obviously public transport is also an option.

We stayed for 2 nights over the new year period and found the room to be quite comfortable but nothing exceptional. The price was reasonable too.

Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are keen on a central location and are not going to be spending a lot of time in your room.

Fantastic hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member AussieHutch

As you would expect from the Marriott chain - big, comfortable and well equipped rooms and an excellent restaurant. Definitely has the big American hotel feel, so not for those wanting to experience real Bavarian hospitality. But these guys were fantastic over our Christmas stay and we got a great deal including breakfast on the hotel website. Close to the city centre and in particular the main train station, great if you are traveling around by rail as we were. Looked at many hotels in this main hotel cluster around the train station and truly believe that this is the best available for the price.

Comments