Bayerstrasse 47, Munich, Bavaria, 80335, Germany

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Fleming's Hotel Munich City

Very Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LuxTraveller

We stayed in the hotel for 4 days during a mid week break to Munich. The hotel is located close to the station but the neighbourhood is fine. It is about a 5 minute walk from the station.

Our room was on the first floor at the back so we have no problem with noise. The rooms are modern and as other reviewers have pointed out the shower is in one corner of the room (with a glass partition).

The breakfast which was very nice was included in the price. The service was fine. We ate in the hotel one evening and the food was very good.

The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly.

We booked the hotel via the hotels.com website and got a very good rate.

There is loads to do and visit in Munch and I would recommend it for sightseeing.

an excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member wagtails

Spent 3 nights in Munich as part of our 6 weeks gallop around "great and interesting cities of europe".
Reserved a room at Flemings well in advance through [--] at a good rate. As usual I relied on past reviews on Trip Advisor to assist with my hotel selection, as well as our own criteria of being convenient to rail services as we were travelling through Europe by train.
Once again I was pleased that my special request for a room on the higher floors and away from the busy front street was provided.
The room was very comfortable and spacious enough for just the 2 of us. It was spotlessly clean with a very pleasant modern decor. We slept peacefully in the comfortable bed and the pillows were just great (a key requirement for my wife who usually insists on bringing her own).
The air conditioning worked perfectly and returning to the cool room at night was a welcome relief from the 30c plus temp., outside.
The "infamous" shower, which I was looking forward to seeing, was without a doubt the best shower we experienced in Europe - with no extra for the view!!!
The hotel is only a short walk from the central rail station yet sufficiently removed to avoid any noise.
Breakfast was included in our rate and it was quite satisfactory. Australians have a different view of breakfast than europeans and we really miss our huge slices of toasted bread smothered in a selection of jams and washed down with copious amounts of good quality tea. The wait staff took our request for toast to the chef and some of the results were amusing, but we all had a chuckle over the results, particularly when the bread was just warmed!
We had dinner in the hotel on 2 nights and it was excellent, as was the good quality house wine.
All the staff we came in contact with from the wait staff to the front desk were welcoming, friendly and helpful - just what you expect from professionals working in this industry.
We had a most enjoyable stay at this excellent hotel.

An Excellent Choice!

by TripAdvisor Member Flossloss

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 7 nights at the beginning of August.

It was a wonderful choice of hotel in a great location. Even though it is very near the Hauptbahnhof (main train station), it is very quiet. We were able to walk to the majority of main sights in Munich and there were plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby.

Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. I liked the fact that we had quilts, not sheets - as the room was air conditioned, it wasn't hot. We were given one pillow each and only one spare, when we asked for an extra pillow we were given several and nothing was too much trouble.

I agree with other reviewers that as the shower was completely transparent, it is best to go with someone you are intimate with! Water pressure was lovely and like the room, the bathroom was very clean.

We didn't purchase anything from the mini bar, as there was plenty of room to buy a few drinks yourself and store them in there.

The breakfast was a very good selection of hot and cold and the service was brilliant - the front desk staff and breakfast staff alike.

We ate dinner at the hotel one evening and again, lovely service and excellent food - a very good selection on the menu.

Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Alleycatz

My husband and I went to Munich for our last grown up holiday before the arrival of our first child and we decided on this hotel after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor.

The location of the hotel is great as it is only a couple of minutes walk from the main train station and only 10-15 minutes walk from Marienplatz. It is a clean modern hotel and we were very pleased with our room which was spotless, light and spacious. We looked onto the main road but the sound proofing is such that we were not distrubed by the noise. Having air con was useful as it was very warm during our stay and we loved the shower although I would not recommend it unless you are with someone you are intimate with since it is essentially a glass cubicle in the room!

If, like my husband, you suffer with feather allergies I would recommend asking for non feather bedding when you book as unforuntately despite several requests the hotel were unable to change our bedding during our stay. The beds are also a little on the firm side.

Breakfast is very pleasant and I would definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend it to others.

Very good hotel in central location

by TripAdvisor Member WeekendSeekers

As we were living in Munich for a while, it was a bit odd to have to stay in a hotel. However, this one made it very easy and comfortable. During the week prices are quite high as it is very popular with business travellers, but on the weekend you can make a good deal. As this is a converted building, rooms are very big and all things quite modern and stylish. Bathroom again comfortable and stylish although not everybody might like the glass see through design. Breakfast is a real treat and as you are in Germany you get real good bread!!! Location-wise you are near the railway station but you do not get all the negative effects form this. Definitely worth a stay. We almost rated it excellent.

Perfect for the Oktoberfest

by TripAdvisor Member Debs&Mark

The Oktoberfest is now done and dusted, but if anyone is planning on going next year, I would certainly recommend Fleming's City as a great base.

We discovered it quite by chance (back in January!) We'd found out that Le Meridien was in an ideal location for the Fest and then saw that Fleming's was right next door and half the price. All the reviews on TripAdvisor made up our minds - we booked in for four nights.

We also booked in our friends directly with the hotel as the online engines couldn't service the dates a couple of days later. The hotel's own site is a bit confusing if you don't speak German.

We were delighted to be given upgrades to suites on our arrival. As we were there for the beer, we were a bit worried about the spiral staircase up to the bed, but there was a spare loo up there too!

We were looking foward to having a laugh over the glass showers, but in the suites you can stay upstairs if privacy is important. The shower was nice and large, but it is a bit of a gimmick.

The pillows were ultra-soft feather, but we got extras when we requested them.

Although the hotel is directly opposite the Hauptbahnhof (main station), you don't actually hear that. As it was Beer Festival time, though, there were lots of noisy people about, but you could close the window and use the good air con.

Breakfast was really nice and a good selection. We also had a lovely lunch in there one day. The only downside is the smoke - you have to walk through the bar to get to the restaurant and Germany isn't smoke free like England now is and you really notice it - not just in the bar, but in the air con ducts on the landing/in the loo. As non-smokers we found the smoking all over Munich off-putting, nothing exceptional about Fleming's.

The beer all over Munich was fabulous! We had problems getting in the beer tents without a reservation, but we persevered and got served at 10:30am on Tuesday morning. If you're not in by 11:30, all the non-reserved seats are taken and no-one budges! The beer gardens and Bierhalle are also great places to visit - we had exceptionally good weather.

Munich is a fab city and easy to get round, once you get the hang of the transport system. Mega cheap too if travelling in a group - a Partnerkarte covers up to 5 of you.

All in all, it was one of the best trips we've taken in a long time.

Great Find!

by TripAdvisor Member tripsterMilwaukee

Stayed at the Fleming last week of October. The Fleming is directly across the street from the train station. Don't shy away because of the location. The Fleming is top end. Our room was a great oasis in Munich. Location is convenient with a garage on site. Bath and shower was a nice surprise! Enjoy!

Excellent - Enjoued our stay

by TripAdvisor Member AVisitor80126

We stayed here after ending a vacation tour, moving from the Novotel. Turned out to be a great decision. Hotel is gorgeous, and we enjoyed staying here. It is across the street from the train station, but could not hear anything unless we opened the window. Some reviews mentioned the neighborhood, but we had no problems at any time of day or night. Marienplatz is 15 minute walk, and all transportation available at the station. Lufthansa bus to the airport is located at the station also. Booked via Hotels.com and got a great price. Breakfast buffet was very good, and would provide cooked to order. All staff (with exception of one) were very helpful and courteous. Definitely will stay here again next time in Munich.

Only downside was I got a stomach bug on our last night. We asked about extending our stay one day. Even though the room was available, they were going to more than double the rate. That made me feel better enough to travel.

Rather chic, comfortable hotel in a good location

by TripAdvisor Member Daveinatl

Very new, clean, comfortable place. While the room was not overly large, it was more than enough for the two of us.

Unfortunately all the cable TV channels are in German, with the exception of CNNWorld. Other hotels in Munich tend to have more variety, including at least BBC World, TV5 (French) and an Italian or Spanish network.

The bathroom was cool and weird at the same time, as others have suggested... one side of the shower is glass, facing the beds. I have no idea who might have come up with the design "feature" but I have never seen anything like it before & I am not sure I am a fan (though I was there with my partner). I guess if you want privacy, you can sit in the toilet room, which is officially walled-in.

Beds are fairly comfortable & they put three Granny Smith apples out each day. The minibar refrigerator has plenty of room for your own things and there are a number of markets nearby (including in and below the main level of the train station--on the U-bahn level, in particular--also Galleria Kaufhof has a nice gourmet grocery store).

The restaurant has a small deli where you can buy sandwiches and dessert to take to the room, if you want. Breakfast is usually included in the price of the room and was really great. In addition to the usual German breakfast buffet fare, they will prepare any number of egg and ham-based dishes for you. The menu for dinner was relatively limited, but the quality of the food was very good.

On the lowest level, they have a tiny gym (nonetheless quite functional), a sauna/steamroom area and a tanning bed that takes Euro coins. Immaculately clean, too.

I would definitely stay here again. I have stayed at both the Sofitel and Le Meridien across the street, which are both fabulously beautiful hotels (with their own limitations, however, and quite a bit more expensive). All-in-all a great experience.

Great Location for getting around

by TripAdvisor Member Cyclist62

We stayed at the Flemings CIty for 3 nights when we were in town to watch the Munich 6 day track racing (indoor cycling in the Velodrome).
The Hotel is exactly as described and other peoples photos are spot on. As other reviewers have commented, the see through shower in the bedroom may not be appropriate if you are travelling with a friend as oppose to your partner. Everything was immaculately clean and contemporary.
The hotel is just outside the station, but ensure you use the correct exit as there are 2 different ones and going out of the wrong one would really get you confused. Never heard any train or traffic noise and I am a light sleeper. Whilst the location isnt the most scenic, we did not feel threatened in any way. We were opposite the Sofitel and next door to the Meridien, so in good company, but at much cheaper rates! Fantastic shopping can be found on your way to the main square which is about 15 mins walk, or you could jump on the efficient train service. We used the trains a lot to go to the Olympic Stadium for the cycling. Great views from the Olympic Tower on a clear day. Couldnt get over how clean everywhere was, no litter on the station concourse.
Breakfast was a good choice, with hot selection cooked to order.
I stupidly left my mobile phone behind in the bedroom when we left and they promptly forwarded it on to me. I would recommend this hotel and stay there should we go to Munich again.

Order "pour le merite", the top WWI air decorationOrder "pour le merite", the top WWI air decoration

AntiquariumAntiquarium

Altes RathausAltes Rathaus

CrematoriumCrematorium

Going to Venice- ideas please! train? fly?

by carolnyc

Hi! I need to be in Venice by September 30th. Could you please tell me options?

airberlin is 129 euros right now Any other airline ideas?

Any ideas? Please help! Train? On a budget.

Thank you so much!

Re: Going to Venice- ideas please! train? fly?

by mccalpin

The Deutsche Bahn (German railways - www.bahn.de) runs a lot of discount fares on international trips. While the Bahn website isn't pricing many of the possible trips from Munich to Venice on September 29th (because they contain multiple segments, some of which are not in Germany), there is a direct train from Munich (dep 11:30) to Venice (arr 18:10), that still has seats for 53 euro. These seats will likely sell out, so sooner is better than later.

Note that there is also an overnight train (dep 21:03 arr 06:38) with the same fare, but you may want to pay extra for a couchette or other sleeping arrangement on this one...

Bill

Re: Going to Venice- ideas please! train? fly?

by Ina08

The next possibility would be a "Rideshare". The website is http://www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de/ (unfortunately for the time being in German only). Here you fill in your departure and destination and then look at the offering from people travelling this route. The costs generally are established between the driver and the user and it is a very cheap and safe way to travel.
It works on a relatively short term notice, so there is a certain risk of not finding the trip you need.

Comments