Schwanthaler Strasse 28, Munich, Bavaria, D-80336, Germany

Satisfaction Average

Costs 38% less but rated 16% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Sirvictor's Profile Photo

Not German Adler but German Lion

I recommend this hotel to every budget traveller. The area is save very near to the shopping stree.

Unique Quality: I liked the hotel. The reception was small, room was large and very clean. Breakfast was delicious. The portions was great.

Directions: parallel street to Hauptbahnhof. Very near to Isar Tor. Marienstr.

More about Germania Hotel

My Adventures in Munich/München

by Sirvictor

"My Adventures in Munich"

I have been in Munich 2 times. First in 1963 then in 1964.
In 1964 when I was a student in Vienna at Hochschüle für Welthandel my late brother Dip.Ing. Osman Yavuz Saral came to visit me. We decided to go to Munich per autostopping. In 1950's and 1960's autostopping was a beloved travelling system for all young men and students all over in the world. Back in Turkey I always envied first Germans autostopping in Turkey. I always thought and imagined myself one day to travel all around in Europa per autostopping. With all dreams and imaginations we set on road. In Vienna we had a wonderfull sunny wheather. Every body had their sommer clothings. I never came to the idea that Munich could be cold, rainy and snovy in the mid of July. Only equipped with a pullover we set us on the road. After an hour of waiting a good Austrian who was driving to Munich took us in his car. Late in the darkness we were arrived to Munich. It was cold and rainning. We thanked this Austrian gentleman and searched a student hostel. It was our second error. We hadn't searched a student hostel before our departure to Munich. It was cold and night. We hopelessly searched a hostel. Someone on the road gave us an adress of a student hostel. We went there. It was a huge monastry like building. We knocked the door. After a minute a sister in her black catholic uniform opened the door and welcomed us inside. We went to reception and gave our pasports. The priest at the reception examined our passes and refused us becauese we were muslims. It was a catholic student hostel. While we were muslims we could not have registrated. I begged him that we are cold und wet. We had no place to stay. If it was permitted to sit at reception till morning. The priest only showed us the door and warned us if we insist not to go he would call the police. Remedyly we found ourselves again out of doors. We walked and walked without knowing where we were going. At last we come to an underpassage. We were very tired. We decided to sit in a telefone cabin to be a little warm. In the telephone cabin we begun to sleep. After a while I woke up because someone was kicking my foot. I opened my sleepy eyes and saw a german policedog looking deep in my eyes. If I would make a un necessary movent I was sure that it would bite me. A police man in black leather uniform with heavy winter top-boots was holding thedog and kiking my foot. He was yelling in german and longing our Ausweiss ( idendification card) I gave my studedent card of the Uni. of Vienna. He cerefully examined card and told me that I a nd my Japanese friend could not sleep in a cabin. My late brother was looking like a Tatar turk. For that reason the police man thought that he was Japaneese. I told him ourstory. In a friendly manner he adviced to go upstairs and stay in the warn waiting hall of the Hauptbahnhof the main sain station. It was a change in the mids of mischange. We went upstairs and finfd the witing hall and slept there with other passenger. ýn the morning we bought our train ticket to Vienna.

On May 2nd 2010 I will be going again to Munich with my family for a 5 days touristic visit inshallah if the Allah the Almighty permits.

On the evening of May 2nd 2010 I and my family arrived at Münich's Hauptbahnhof departing from Budapest via Vienna by train. It was raing a showel. The hotel was very near to the station. Just a street behind. No body new the adress. I sa a black eyed and haired young man if he was a Turk. He said "Thank's allah I am" He come with us to the hotel. Hotel Germania. We spend there 4 nights.

"München den 3. Mai 2010"

München