HOTEL CLOSED AS OF DEC 22, 11 Renaissance Munich Hotel

Theodor-Dombart-Strasse 4, Munich, Bavaria, 80805, Germany

More about Renaissance Munich Hotel

Vacation At München, Deutschland

by aarondave

"Vacation At München, Deutschland"

During my stay here in München (Munich), I observed so many things that made my vacation totaly good with my Family; First, the hotel where we stayed is obviously nice and good, its a four star hotel (Renaissance Hotel - München) at the heart of Schwabing Zone in Munich, few kilometers to go to the center of munich; we are contented with the hotel and the price and also the ambiance is cool, the good thing is...we have navigator so we don't have to look at those big maps to see where we going, an address is ok, put it in the navigator and it will direct you. Second, München is an industrialize and bussiness city. where people are modern yet humble and warm. Third, the food here is not-that-so-expensive, we had lunch at KFC, had some coffee at Starbucks, and lunch the other day at Pizza Hut (again, just like in Barcelona). We went to the BMW Museum, which is one of the nicest thing that happened during our stay at Germany. Munich, is a six hours drive from Milano, and two hours drive from Innsbruck, I'm really thankful for all this wonderful vacation and bonding experience with my Family, Okay. Over; Just wanted to share my experience, and it's my first time in Gemany. Next: Innsbruck, Austria. Gute Nacht. Auf Wiedersehen. xD

Dachau from Schwabing

by vidhi_b

I am arriving in Munich on a Saturday in the end of April at 11.10 by Lufthansa. I will be staying at Renaissance Munich in Schwabing and just have the first half of the day free.
1. How can I reach Dachau camp from my hotel? How long will it take?
2. Is it possible to reach Dachau camp by 1 pm from Schwabing. I want to be there for the individual guided tour.
3. Pls suggest some activities around the hotel.
4. Is there any departmental store closeby that maybe open in the evening on Saturday?

Re: Dachau from Schwabing

by gmg61

Yes you can go to Dachau from Schwabing. I don't where exactly the Renaissance Hotel is, but from the metro station Münchner Freiheit you take the line U-3 to Marienplatz. There you'll change with S-Bahn line 2 that will go to Dachau. The total journey time will be a bit more than half an hour.
To know more: http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/home/passengeraeinformation/index.html
Cheers
gmg

Re: Dachau from Schwabing

by Kakapo2

From Dachau S-Bahn station you have to take bus # 726, direction Saubachsiedlung. Takes about 10 min.

Do not miss to visit the township of Dachau as well. It is a very nice place.

From Schwabing it is only two subway stations to the city centre (Marienplatz), or a 20 min walk, and only a short walk to the English Garden. There you can stroll around for hours... Also museums are nearby.

Department stores are not open on Saturday evenings.

Comments