Hotel Eder

Zweigstrasse 8, Ludwigsvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, 80336, Germany
Hotel Eder
Priceline.com Booking.com AMOMA.com

More about Hotel Eder

hotel eder and hotel condor : which is the best?

by mkvalya

have you info about these hotels?
thanks

by ATLC

There is a little info here on VT. Here are some links.

For hotel Eder:

For hotel Condor:

by mkvalya

thanks. I have already read the tripadvisor reviews ... but I'm still so unsure about which hotel to book ...

by ATLC

I'm sorry, I can't help any further. I've been there but didn't use hotels.

by kunger

Hi I have booked Hotel Eder for 8 nights in November/December. I can tell you I did my research on this hotel since I am very particular about price and cleanliness. I did not find anything other then positive comments about the cleanliness of this hotel, The price includes breakfast which I think is a big bonus and when I contacted them directly to inquire about price and amenities via email they were extremely helpful and friendly. When choosing this hotel I knew I would be out every day, I wanted cheap, clean, close to pedestrian area, breakfast as this is where I plan my day and chat with other guests and since I am traveling on my own I liked the idea of a small, quaint family run hotel. Let me know what you decide. Good Luck

by Bernd_L

I haven't stayed in these hotels. But I checked a german website with hotel reviews I use whenever I need such info (www.holidaycheck.de).

Hotel Eden has got 33 reviews and 4.9 out of 6 stars. 81 % of the visitors recommend the hotel. That's not bad.

Hotel Condor has got 9 reviews and 5.2 out of 6 stars. 100 % of the visitors recommend the hotel.

Both hotels are convienently located next to the main train station. If I were you I would look at the websites and choose the hotel that looks nicer or if budget is a concern stay at the place that is cheaper.

by mkvalya

thanks to all of you!!!!! I'll let you know when I'll decide ;-)

German Railpass and

by gotstogo

I was just looking into getting a "Twinpass", through railpass.com, and I was wondering if anyone else has tried with success or failures. Are there any goofy rules that they don't make apparent. Also, on a totally differnt subject has anyone ever stayed at the Hotel Eder in Munich, and if so what are your thoughts. Thanks!

RE: German Railpass and

by abalada

It's however cheaper to buy these passes outside Europe through one of the resellers (like railpass.com).
There are no *goofy* rules.
Such a pass covers all DB trains in Germany. Plus all private railways which are using the DB tariff (these are nearly all).
No supplements. No compulsory seat reservations.
Only exceptions:
- ICE Sprinter
A morning/evening pair of direct ICE trains (less stops than normal) between major business centres on weekdays. Supplement is in 2nd class EUR 10 and 1st class EUR 15 which includes compulsory seat reservation. And the morning ones start really early in the morning. Not that likely that you run into one of them. There are 11 ICE Sprinters daily (weekdays only). And over 35.000 other trains.
- night trains
With night trains you have to pay a supplement depending on the type of accommodation you like. From a couple of Euro for a reclining seat up to 100+ for a Sleeper Deluxe compartment.

I am looking for a hotel near the train station

by Helenegrace

Hi, we will be in Munich during Oktorberfest. Many hotels are already booked. We have reservations at Hotel Le Meridien, but I am wondering if anyone might know of a smaller, less expensive, but nice hotel near the train station? Thank you.

by christine.j

I stayed in the hotel Europaeischer Hof, just across the train station. Nothing special, but clean and nice staff, not too expensive. Though it will certainly be more expensive during Oktoberfest.

by abalada

> but I am wondering if anyone might know of a smaller, less expensive, but nice hotel near the train station?
Yes. There are quite a number of such hotels.
smaller: no problem
nice: also no real problem
less expensive: that's not easy as this implies that the place is not already booked. Unlikely during Oktoberfest. At least not for the one in 2007. Hauptbahnhof is in walking distance from the Oktoberfest.

You can check if
have still something on offer. You can trigger both services, that they list the available hotels by distance from the Hauptbahnhof.

Munich hotel near the main train station

by ProvTom

By all means, try the small Hotel Eder (three-star) about three short blocks from the station, on a quiet side street. By this late date, you may have to settle for a place on their waiting list, but it's worth the effort. Nice,
family-run establishment; web site: www.hotel-eder.de. Stayed there several times myself, in the past. Breakfast included.
Tom
Providence, RI (USA)

by nomad7890

When we were transitioning from Prague to Italy we stayed at the Maritim ... just cross the street in front of the Haputbanhoff (sp?), take a right, and a left before crossing the street.

Very clean, not too much luxury, but an outstanding breakfast buffet.

Nomad

by Maryimelda

I have a booking in June at the Hotel Senefelder which apparently is right next to the main train station. I have a single room for 49 Euro per night but obviously it will be a lot more during Oktoberfest though if you get on to Bookings.com you may find something to suit. It would also depend on what dates you are looking for as Oktoberfest goes for 15 days. Do you plan to be there for it all or for just a part of it?

Good luck and have a great time in Munich

Comments