Laimerstrasse 40, Munich, Bavaria, 80639, Germany

Hotel Laimer Hof
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• Quiet/Comfortable Hotel

Stayed 2 nights here on vacation in August 2006.

Cozy little hotel - not too expensive (especially for a large city like Munich). Room was very clean - small, but that is not so unusual. Full bath, TV and phone. I believe if you are traveling with a family, you can get larger rooms or connected ones.

Where is it? It is only about a ten minute walk from Schloss Nymphenburg - which is surrounded by a very nice park - which is almost as good as seeing the palace (in my opinion) - very nice to walk in the morning or evening.

The hotel is situated in a quiet neighborhood - virtually no traffic other than the people who live there. There are a few places to get a bite to eat within a few minutes walk - just ask at the desk where everything is. Also not so far a walk away are some grocery stores if you want to keep some food in your room. The mini-bar can keep a few beverages cold for you.

We reserved our room through a German web-site and got a nice rate ($60+ Euros I believe) and it came with breakfast and the use of two bicycles (which we ended up not using but if we had stayed longer we probably would have) and a parking place.

For those new to Munich and who may be flying in - the international airport is not in the city and is a bit of a drive into town - I am uncertain if there is any kind of airport transportation for Laimer Hof.

As previous tips/ratings have said - nothing is terribly far - transportation is very close and easy to use. From here you can get to the city center, the English garden or Olympic park in only a few (20 minutes max I would think) short minutes.

Would I/We stay here again? Absolutely. It's far enough away from most of the touristy places, but close enough at the same time.

Unique Quality: The young couple that now owns the hotel has worked very hard to make sure it has a good reputation. Very friendly - speak English (and I also heard French) - make a nice breakfast for everyone and are two of the nicest people you could hope to meet.

It's a genuine 3-star hotel, doesn't try to be anything more.

Don't expect glass elevators (or elevator period) - the creaky stairs reminded me of my parent’s home and how hard it was to sneak in/out. But it's only 3 or 4 stories tall and if you need help with bags, am sure someone would help.

Go..walk the neighborhood - have some good food and walk the park, you'll be glad you did.

Directions: Short walk (under 10 minutes) to the park surrounding Schloss Nymphenburg

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Der Laimer Hof

Laimer Hof is an inexpensive alternative to the large hotels in the city. It is just a short walk away from Schloss Nymphenburg, and about 10 minutes from the S-Bahn Station named Laim. Using the S-Bahn (surface train) it is just a short, easy ride into the city center.

This is a nice, little, family-owned hotel in the suburbs. It does, however, have all of the conveniences a simple tourist like me needs: a soft bed with clean sheets, a warm shower in each room, and a small restaurant serving a light breakfast -- all for around 90 Euros (US$110) per room per night for one adult.

Unique Quality: The hotel has an old, charming feel, as it was built in the late 1800s.

Directions: From Laim S-Bahn Station, walk down Wotanstrass along the Sports fields. Veer left on Laimer Strasse, and the hotel will be on your right, just a few short blocks away.

More about Hotel Laimer Hof Munich

Wonderful Bavarian Hotel !!!!

by TripAdvisor Member JetsetArizona

The Hotel Laimerhof is located in an exclusive area of Munich away from the hustle and bustle of noise and activity in a lovely Bavarian garden surrounding. We enjoyed that it is close to the Nyphenburg Castle, a large beer garden, the botanic garden and the bus which we took each day to the train station and heart of the old town of Marianplatz. The rooms are very comfortable with a spacious bathroom and plenty of towels. Beds are wonderful with down comforters that keep you very warm. Owners Sebastian and Alexandra were warm and hospitable, aiming to meet every need. They offered us usage of the Internet (which is now available in the lobby), sold us all day pass tickets and provided us directions. Breakfast was good in a lovely dining area well stocked each morning with all varieties of food. I loved the entire atmosphere which made you feel safe and at home among friends. Ten stars for this hotel !!!!!

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member expattravler

We enjoyed the Hotel very much and would stay again. The greeting was kind and friendly from Sebastian and Alexandra. We found the room to be very spacious and clean. The breakfast buffet was very good and offered a good selection of food. The location was perfect for our needs and we were happy to find it so easy to get to down town from the hotel. It was a wonderful start to our Europe vacation.

Charming, Convenient, Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member COAdventureTraveler

Staying at the Laimer Hof is an experience in itself. The owners, Sebastian and Alexandra, are the perfect hosts They are extremely helpful, knowledgable about the city and go out of their to make your stay as close to perfect as possible. The rooms have been nicely updated and are just as charming as they are comfortable. The location is excpetional with easy access to Nymphenburg Palace as well as the tram into downtown Munich. If you want to avoid the more touristy Hoffbrau Haus, the Hirschgarten is only a few minutes stroll from your room. For the price, the Laimer Hof is a steal.

Wonderful historic building in quiet area of Munich

by TripAdvisor Member loving_my_vacations

My life-partner and I just returned from a quick trip to Munich. We loved staying at the Hotel Laimer Hof. Sabastian and Alexandra are fantastic. They are multi-lingual (French, German and English at least) and made it a point to make sure all the guests were made welcome.

The rooms are very comfortable and bigger than I expected based on my travels to some historic hotels in other countries. The window coverings are quite dark so the light didn't bother us in the mornings. We were awakened each morning by the sounds of birds singing and children playing in the courtyard below. It was a surprisingly comfortable way to wake up each morning.

We look forward to having an opportunity to go there again.

Great family hotel

by TripAdvisor Member 2sydneysiders

We stayed here for eight very enjoyable days in March. The hotel is located outside the inner city, but this isn't a problem as the tram service is efficient and ridiculously regular. Indeed, one of the pleasures in staying in this residential district is that your really do feel like this is home in Munich. While the rooms aren't enormous, they are very comfortable, quiet, clean, airy, light, and great value. The real joy in staying here, however, the warmth of the welcome from owners Sebastian and Alexandra. There really isn't anything they'd not do for their guest. The pleasure they obviously get from caring for their guest is infectous. You can have your five star designer hotel; give me the the pleasure of staying at this wonderful family hotel any day.

Super!

by TripAdvisor Member LevRaphael

After a two-week publicity tour for my newest book in German translation, I mailed back a box of memorabilia from Berlin and when I opened it I sighed with nostalgia (already!) when I came upon the postcard from the Laimer Hof. My three nights there made for truly one of the most satisfying stays I have ever had in Europe, and I've stayed at the Hotel Vendome in Paris and a chateau hotel in the Loire. I cannot recommend this hotel too highly. It was a highlight of my book tour, making Munich an even more wonderful place to be.

I had researched hotels on tripadvisor.com after my Austrian agent had booked me someplace in central Munich that seemed too busy and bustling. Reviews intrigued me for the Laimer Hof and I can only confirm what people have said about the convenience, charm, and the friendliness of the hosts.

My room wasn't quite ready when I arrived, and so I thought I'd catch up with email via the free Internet in the lobby. Sebastian asked if I'd like a beer, and given that it was about 80 degrees out, I certainly did. We chatted in German more than English because I needed the practice. He spent time in Michigan and has superb English; but he and his lovely wife are also half-French so you can pick your language. Any time I was in the lobby, someone working for the hotel asked if I needed coffee, tea, beer, etc.

The room might have been small if I weren't alone, but I found it just right, well and prettily-furnished, cool, with a superior minibar and a very comfortable queen bed (Germans call these "French beds" so ask for one)--not two beds stuck together. The room was blissfully quiet, as is the whole street: all you hear is bird calls and children playing, and I could swear I heard a nightingale one evening. (If you're looking for a large room, try 11 or 18. There are also tower rooms that are bigger than average).
How quiet was the hotel really? I slept about nine hours every night.

The friendliness and quick service Sebastian exemplified were characteristics of everyone working at the hotel, from chambermaids to the young men manning the desk. It's a cheerful, small family-run hotel, popular with class reunions, family reunions and wedding parties and I can see why. The neighborhood is very upscale (I noted a Hummer, a Jag, a Porsche just down the street), lovely, and very safe.

Getting downtown was a snap, with a five-minute walk to the trams and maybe ten minutes further. But make sure you see the Herz Jesu Church a few tram stops away from the hotel; a Munich friend told me it's deeply spiritual and moving no matter what your faith, and I found it just that. He had said tourists tend to ignore it, but you've never seen a church quite like this glowing glass box.

Down the street was a terrific osteria where I spent a great deal of time lounging, thinking, writing when i wasn't being a tourist. And of course five minutes away is the fabulous Schloss Nymphenberg complex which deserves a full afternoon--Sebastian warned me not to rush and he was right.

I found him and his wife helpful at every turn, and would never stay anywhere else if I were coming back to Munich, which I hope to do in 2008 when my next book from Parthas Verlag (my German publisher) comes out.

Lev Raphael, author and traveler
(--) (my personal site)

Honeymooner's Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member julie_asp

We're not "sit on the beachers" so my new husband and I wanted to enjoy a couple of in-depth days in Germany for our honeymoon. We found Sebastian and Alexandra of Laimer Hof to be exceptional hosts who speak fluent English (and French and Germany, of course) and understand how to make travellers outrageously happy! The hotel is in
the best place I've stayed in Munich (I've been in the city twice before and stayed closer to the city center which is WAY too much hassle) on an idyllic residential street. It's close to a fantastic bier garten and a couple of blocks down from the Nyphenburg Castle.

We highly reccomend this hotel for anyone (from honeymooners to busines travellers!) They even helped us book at hotel at our next desitnation. Fantstic service by an adorable family!

highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member maris05

I spent 5 nights at Laimer Hof with my husband in May. I have chose this hotel based on the internet reviews and I have to say that they were absolutely right, as the location is excelent, the staff is very friendly and the hotel is beautiful and cosy. We found the rooms very clean and not small at all. We enjoyed everything about this hotel.
The location is perfect, very quiet and nice. (We found it to be one of the most beautiful areas of Munich) Regarding the restaurants nearby, we didn´t like the Osteria staff, but the German gasthaus with german specialties at the corner (just passing the Humer parked) was excelent.
Maristela and Rodrigo