Schillerstrasse 9, Munich, Bavaria, 80336, Germany

Booking.com hotel.info Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• Clean and Comfy, Close to Everything

The Hotel Monaco would be our choice again on our next visit to Munich. With all our luggage, it was an easy walk from the train station--no taxi needed. Our room was delightful, nicely furnished
    with an outstanding shower, including the use of a hair dryer. The staff was helpful and spoke
    perfect English. Since we like to walk, everything was accessible by foot including major sites,
    shopping and restaurants. Who could ask for more?

Directions: Just a few blocks from the train station

• LuckyVirgo13's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel

This is a nice little hotel located a few blocks from the train station. The hotel and the rooms are very clean and decorated nicely. The beds are very comfortable. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast is included in the price and it's pretty good, too! The bathroom has a hair dryer and the hotel has an elevator. The reception desk is on the 5th floor and that is as far as the elevator goes without a key. If your room is on the 6th floor, the reception desk will use the key so you can take your bags up in the elevator (and the same for departing the hotel). They only use the elevator beyond the 5th floor if you have luggage. So, during the course of your stay, you'll have to walk up the last flight of stairs if you're on the 6th floor (I believe that's the top floor). It's not a huge flight of stairs, so it's not that big of a deal.

Directions: From train station, exit under LARGE neon "Drink Coke" sign to main street (Bayerstrasse). Go left about 3 short blocks to Schillerstrasse; turn right (there is a "C&A" store on corner). The hotel is on left side of street; entrance on side street.

More about Hotel Monaco

by TripAdvisor Member wiki21

Hard to find, the entry is on a side street and then you go upstairs...but then it's another world up there. Seems to be family run, with help from college students...everyone so friendly and helpful. Immaculately clean, and nice feather bedding. The cherubs and flowers make it unique and cute. Great location. Probably a very good value but I booked it online through another agency and ended up paying in pounds (my mistake!) which made it cost more. Would definitely stay there again.

Nice hotel but some problems

by TripAdvisor Member oliverpd

I stayed at the Monaco for 3 nights during the World Cup. I cannot complain about the room, location or management and they had a great breakfast. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It is also in a great location near the train station and a short work to the Marienplatz. My only complaint would be for those who stay there when it is hot. The hotel is on the top floors of a building above a street with a lot of sex clubs. They do not have air conditioned rooms so it gets very hot. The rooms should have fans to move the air around. The street below our room did get noisy at night - not helped by the World Cup fans - but we couldn't realistically close the windows. In short, our room was hot and noisy. This hotel would be okay in cooler times of the year.

basic but have everything you expect

by TripAdvisor Member kthin

I stayed there with a group of friends. Very beautiful decoration there. The room(double room) was basic but have everything you need. Helpful staff that spoke very well english and gave you good advice on where to go in munich. Buffet breakfast was nice and help you to get a good start of the day.

Hotel Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member jdenver

What a jewel of a place! The hotel is ideally located near the Train station and close to the Marienplatz. Our room for two singles was neat, clean and large enough so we could both easily move around! The breakfast buffet was to die for! Christine had cheeses, meats, fruits, yogurts, rolls, wonderful jams and four honeys as well as four juices and milk. The presentation was that of any five star hotel. The staff was knowledgable of Munich and all spoke English beautifully so I did not have to sputter through my poor German. I admit that when we first arrived, I had some trepidations about the location. No reason for concern. I felt safe and secure, even when returning after dark.
I highly recommend the Hotel Monaco!!!

Absolutely gorgeous

by TripAdvisor Member katy19

This hotel is beautiful! Because it was so cheap I wasn't expecting much, but it's just lovely. The entire hotel is just so colourful and
charming, with flowers and cherubs decorating everything, its just gorgous!

The only issue I have with it is that it's perhaps not the best area,
the street looks a little ify and the views are ordinary. As long as you're not a woman planning to wander the streets in the middle of the night alone, though, it's fine.

The staff (it is run by a group of women, which shows in the decoration!) were incredibly nice and helpful, and all spoke excellent English. The room was so cheery and cosy, I felt so comfortable there, and everything was exceptionally clean. I was there for 4 nights, and it really began to feel like home!

It's a 2 minute walk from Munich's main train station, which is fantastic, very easy to find and get to, and great as a base for sightseeing.

Overall, this was actually the best hotel I stayed at in Europe, I'd highly recommend it to anyone. It's just so beautiful!

Friendly helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member NHwanderer

The Hotel Monaco is a friendly, clean hotel a few blocks from the main train station. Our room was not fancy, but had everything we needed. The breakfast was great. Our room faced the main street, which was rather noisy, so if that bothers you ask for a room on the side street or bring earplugs. I found the area to be very safe and a short walk to Karlsplatz and the Pedestrian Zone.

Loved the Monaco

by TripAdvisor Member Spuds07

I highly recommend this hotel--it is SO CONVENIENT to everything--the train station, main shopping areas and sightseeing. BUT the best part is the people who work there--SO NICE--and very helpful. If you are on the street side, ask for a fan and you won't hear any street noise--and breakfast is AWESOME. Thanks for a great stay--it made our vacation even better.

Vitalia's new Germany page

by Vitalia

Colorful Building in the narrow streets of Rosensteinbruke

Locomotive
Station: Karlsruhe Hbf, Germany

Accommodation&

Hotel Monaco, Munich

Location:
The hotel Monaco, Your small hotel, very personal mannaged on the top of the roofs of the munich city. By foot the main train station can be reached within 3 minutes.
Price:$$