Tal 41, Munich, Bavaria, 80331, Germany

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 44% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• PhilaTraveler's Profile Photo

Convenient Hotel in Munich's Center

I recommend this hotel for its location. The accommodations were fine, but the location cannot be beat. It is less than 100 yards from the metro, very close to the Market, and a short walk (or stumble) to (from) the Hofbrauhaus.

• Good location in Munich

Hotel Torbrau is a decent place. It is in a great location - within walking distance to many of the sights in Munich: Neues Rathaus, Marienplatz, Peterskirche, etc.. The staff was fine - breakfast was decent. No problems with this place.

More about Hotel Torbrau

Small but cozy, quiet and very nice room

The hotel is perfectly located. The staff are lovely. Dinner was
great at their adjoining Italian restaurant. Fabulous breakfast.

We are going to book a reservation with them again in December.

Highly recommend!!

First rate - Very nice

Stayed at the Torbrau in August 2005 with our two teenagers. Rooms were fine, perhaps a bit small (as suggested in previous reviews), but not bad. Rooms (and bathrooms) were very clean. Hotel itself is in a very good location, all of the city center is walkable. Parking is available and good, although the "inside" parking is quite cramped and down a VERY STEEP hill.

Staff was friendly and very helpful, suggesting diners, local laundromat, less expensive ways to take the subway, etc. Breakfasts were very good. The lift/elevator was quite slow, and we usually walked the stairs instead of waiting. Manfred was always a good source of helpful information and a smile!

A bit expensive for value, but not bad. If you want a very nice place to stay, this is for you.

Great stay at the Torbrau

We have just returned from a city break and stayed at the Torbrau, the location is excellent and easy to get to from the airport with the station just over the road. We booked a suite and it had a great mix of old charm and new facilties. The staff were all very friendly and effieicient but it still had a very relaxed air about it, the manager even came round at breakfast to see if we were enjoying our stay. The location for exploring the city is fantastic, being only a short walk from the main square. Would definately stay here again.

Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member AnneMountainView

My husband and I spent 6 nights at the Torbrau-along with his Mother for a special holiday.(OK...maybe not too romantic,but indeed most special as my Mother-in-law,soon to be 80 was given this as a Christmas surprise!!)This was my first visit to Munich and most definitely not my last.We throughly enjoyed every aspect of this historical and most gracious hotel.Our room was in the back,which I would recommend as it is quieter from the street noise in the front.The rooms were small,but clean and well kept.You will get a reasonable idea from the pictures on their website (unlike some hotel websites which look completely different from their website!)
Yes,their elevator is small...but come on,after several pints of wheat beer,liver dumplings,pretzels & sausage walking up the stairs to our room on the 4th floor somehow made me feel less guilty.
Munich is the most beautiful city I have been to-the culture,beauty and lifestyle.....We will definitely return to this city,and the Torbrau.
I highly recommend it!!!!!

Warning - Do your homework

by TripAdvisor Member taronga57

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights recently....I booked through Precision Reservations and everything was OK until I checked into the hotel...the room itself was lovely and clean etc but about 5pm through till midnight there were very loud noises which seemed to be coming from above....it sounded like someone dropping huge boulders on our ceiling...the room shook violently, glasses rattled etc. The Manager subsequently upgraded us - to a room with the hotel's renovations continuing right outside...jackhammering, drilling, banging all starting at 7am and going all day...for nearly AUS $350 per day I would have expected to be warned of the work...but when I drew this to the attention of the Manager he shrugged his shoulders and said "every City has noise"....well, yes, it does, traffic, sirens, people etc...not this type and not so close, without being given a courteous warning...I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL IF YOU WANT A HOLIDAY!!!.

Nice, simple hotel with great breakfast & great location!

by TripAdvisor Member newtrekkie

On a recent trip to Europe with my parents, we passed through Munich and stayed at the Torbrau. The rooms were smaller than at any of our other hotels in Europe, but then again, you don't spend much time in your room when you're in Munich! The location is PERFECT and the large, continental breakfast was a wonderful start to the day. The service was friendly and the rooms/bathrooms were very clean. I think this hotel was a great value and perfect for all types of travelers.

Great location, service

by TripAdvisor Member Minamint

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Europe. We spent 3 nights at the Torbrau. The hotel has a fantastic location and we were able to walk the Marienplatz and people watch. It is also right around the corner from a train stop and is very easy to get to from the airport. The staff was extremely helpful with all our questions and with arranging our tours. Our room was very clean and comfortable and we had a nice view of some garden apartments. We had mentioned that it was my husband's birthday when we were looking for a special restaurant and when we returned to our room after a delicious meal, there was a congratulatory bottle of champagne with 2 glasses and birthday wishes from the management. Very thoughtful and a nice surprise. The included breakfasts made the room price a bargain. Everything imaginable was served and we especially enjoyed the smoked salmon. We would definitely return to this most hospitable hotel.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member tghosh

Have just come back after a stay of two days in this hotel. Great location in the heart of Munich. Easy walking distance to lot of attractions. Rooms are ok in size considering the age of the building. Both room and bathroom were clean though the lights in the later was inadequate. Service was excellent from all the staff. Breakfast was good and served in a nice and cheerful room. Considering the rate charged the picture quality of the TV was bad. Please note that all the rooms do not have mini bars (mine didn't). Overall a nice hotel with friendly staff and good location.

Comments