Bayerstrasse 95, Munich, Bavaria, 80335, Germany

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• stamporama's Profile Photo

Old but homely

The hotel appears to be of 1960s vintage but comfort- and service-wise, the quality is more than satisfactory. All the receptionists, regardless of shift, were helpful and very accommodating. Our room was clean and spacious, the bathroom had good water pressure, and the breakfast buffet was sumptuous. It is only 3 tram stops away from the main train station, and a stop is right on the hotel's front door so one could get to Marienplatz in one ride; the reception sells tram tickets without any mark-up.

I'd certainly recommend this place even if it's not the newest or most modern. Room rate inclusive of breakfast.

Directions: From the Munich Hbf station, take the tram on Bayerstrasse going east and get off at the third stop (Hermann-Lingg Strasse). The hotel is just across the street.

• zuriga's Profile Photo

Great Location - Friendly Staff

I highly recommend the Hotel Jedermann, run by the Jenke family for many years. The outside does not have much going for it, but once inside the doors, it is a different story completely. The rooms are fresh and modern and the friendly staff makes this a wonderful hotel to choose. The breakfast is a real standout - a huge buffet of German delicacies with nice service. They even gave us a bag of food for eating at the airport because we had an early departure.

The location is perfect. The #19 tram stops just outside the door and the center of Munich can be reached in 10 minutes... the Hauptenhof is five minutes away. We got helpful tips from the staff, making our stay in Munich even more enjoyable. The only thing I missed was a coffee machine in the room, but that was not a problem.

Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard. The front of the hotel can get noisy, despite the heavy windows.

Unique Quality: Prices vary greatly so check the website for all details. Single rooms can be very inexpensive.

• allenzag's Profile Photo

Close to City Center

My wife and I were very impressed with Hotel Jedermann. It's a family run operation and the Jenke Family takes pride in the accomodations. Our room was really nice and large and the bathroom (wc) was the best by far of our entire trip. I mean they even had a soap dish in the shower! Sounds stupid I know but when you're used to something.

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpfull. Spoke good English so we had no problems communicating. The front desk people were the ones who actually suggested to us places to go and to buy the Transport Day Pass.

It may be a 3 star hotel but to me it was 5 stars. I don't need $500 a night facilities that I may never use. Clean large rooms and a nice buffet breakfast and friendly staff are more important than swimming pools and fitness centers. We walked so much there, who needs a fitness center?

Unique Quality: Quiet, great room, friendly, helpfull staff

Directions: Main drag just 2 tram stops from the main railway station. 20 minute walk to city center.

• TempNomad's Profile Photo

Just about perfect

I really enjoyed staying here. We had convenient underground parking for a reasonable price (6 or 8 Euro), a comfortable and clean room, a fantastic breakfast in a pretty room, free internet access for checking-in with family, convenient location, and cold drinks (including beer and wine) sold in the lobby. We even had delegates from The Hague staying there while we were there.

The friendly, family-run Hotel Jedermann has a wonderful place here. The staff speaks at least German and English, but I think there's a smattering of talent in other languages as well. I made all the arrangements over email.

All this for 85 Euro per night for two people. I would definitely stay here again.

Unique Quality: The location is within a five-ten minute walk from the Hauptbahnhof, and it's on a streetcar stop.

Directions: Due east from the Hpbf. It seems far on the map, but it's really not. Easy on and off for the Autobahn.

More about Jedermann Hotel

A Gem!

by TripAdvisor Member Moonybry

Hotel Jedermann is, quite simply, the friendliest hotel I've experienced in a large city. The staff is helpful and charming. The beds are marvelously comfortable. And the breakfast gives the day a strong start. Hotel Jedermann is also conveniently close to the streetcar that leads directly to the centre of town. Highly recommended.

A welcoming hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member G+JHCanberra

My wife and I had 2 pleasant stays at the Hotel Jedermann, 4 nights before Christmas, and again a few weeks later for 2 nights. The hotel is very clean, quiet and comfortable and located within walking distance to town and the main rail station, with a tram stop outside the door. Tram tickets and tour tickets are available for sale from the hotel. The buffet breakfast was good and varied daily. Free internet access available. But the main asset of this hotel was the management and staff. Always welcoming, courteous, knowledgeable of Munich and very helpful. They advised us anything from which number trams to catch to get to where ever we wanted to go, to recommending and even booking restaurants for us. We paid 80 euro per night.
We would certainly stay there again and would recommend it to anyone visiting Munich.

Clean, convenient & great breakfast!

by TripAdvisor Member SCSW2

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Jedermann for 2 nights in March 2006 and would highly recommend this hotel. Our room was good, a reasonable size, the shower excellent and the toilet separate from the bathroom, which we prefer. Plenty of towels, wardrobe space and international TV. As the Jedermann is situated on the main street we asked for a quiet room, and it was. The staff were polite, helpful and friendly, you can purchase tram tickets from them and they recommend the best deal for the time you are there. The breakfast room is large and comfortable and a huge buffet is on offer with a very wide selection of tasty food. There is Internet access in the reception area which guests can use free of charge. We were in Munich during heavy snow and the hotel was warm and cosy. The hotel is not situated in a particularly attractive part of the city (functional rather than postcardy buildings) but the tram stop is just outside the main entrance of the hotel, with a choice of 2 lines. It takes about 5 minutes to reach the Hauptbahnhof and another 10 to get to the Marienplatz. There are a couple of small grocery shops next to the Jedermann and we bought water there for the room. If you are looking for a reasonably priced, comfortable hotel with good transport to the centre, then this is the hotel for you!

PERFECT for OKTOberfest!

by TripAdvisor Member jenCALI

We just returned from a 12 day trip through Germany and Czech Republic. The Jedermann I booked months in advance because I wanted to be close to the Oktoberfest fair grounds. WOW, I didn't realize how close we would actually be. This is a great location, not only for Oktoberfest but also near the old town center. The staff were awesome! They really went out of there way to help us with maps and tours, etc. WHAt I really liked about this place was that their breakfast room is NON-SMOKING! The room was a bit small but very clean and typical for a european room, thin flat bed matress and small TV. BUT who cares, Munich was a blast. I highly recommend the Jedermann hotel.

A great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Isis62374

I highly recommend this hotel!! We stayed here for 4 nights in September during Octoberfest. The staff was friendly and very helpful with maps, how the train system works and even local events happening around Munich. Its a 3 minute walk from the Octoberfest area and about a 45 minute walk to Marienplatz. The rooms are a bit small but that's to be expected in Europe. The breakfast was delicious with lots of choices. When I come back to Munich I would stay here again.

Only place to stay in Munich

by TripAdvisor Member JonnyRotten90

Stayed at the Jedermann for two nights during Oktoberfest and yes it really is only 3-5 minutes from the fest-grounds, but well-insulated enough you don't hear any of the street noise if that is a concern

their breakfast spread is 2-3 notches above normal for this price range, and the price is just enough to keep out the rowdy crowd but not so bad

I have stayed here a few times over the years and it has improved with remodeling, offering a lobby PC for internet access, etc.

this trip we booked a 3 person room but there were only 2 of us and the room seemed cavernous - recommend going that route if you want more real estate for a little more money

A clean and reasonable hotel to stay in mid Nov + What are these places?

by bargainhunter

Hi friends

I'm looking for accommodation for 7 people on a short visit for a meeting with some people from the minsitry of Education.

Any recommendations? Is 60 euros reasonable for a clean and nice twin/single(?)room? Or will it only get me a dubious place? Not sure about the prices in Germany at all.

I've heard about Marienplatz. Is this the city centre? Or shopping area? Is this a good place to stay? I need to be near/accessible to Salvatostrasse.

Also where is 'Active Place'?

Thanks!

by altamiro

Well, 60 Euro will probably get you in Munich a clean small room in an equivalent of a B&B (with breakfast), but don't expect anything extra. In a big chain hotel like Ibis or Mercure you will be looking at 70-80 Euro for a double room.

Marienplatz is THE geographical and historical city center, as well as the center of the major shopping area in the old town. However there are not many activities once the shops close (at 20:00 latest) so it will be quiet in the evening. The "happening" area is probably still Schwabing, about 7-8 min to the north of the old town by subway (U3 & U6, Giselastrasse or Münchner Freiheit stations)

by bargainhunter

Oh i see. May I ask why from my internet search there are not many twin rooms available? Can we ask for twin beds in a double room?

maybe I could try Ibis...
thanks

RE: RE: RE: A clean and reasonable hotel to stay in mid Nov + What are these places?

by altamiro

I think the small hotels/Pensionen/B&B's would be more ready to accomodate your wishes than big hotels - I'm not sure. Do you have some of the in mind? If yes, just call them and ask whether they can move the beds apart. The worst you will get is "Sorry, isn't possible"...

by abalada

to search and book hotels:

These sites will also give the distance to the city centre, which is the Marienplatz.

by Roeffie

I want to suggest Pension Barbara in germering just outside Munich. 2 mins away from S-bahn station to Marienplatz it takes 20 mins by S-bahn.

www.pension-barbara.de

Greetings Roeffie

by TempNomad

We stayed at Hotel Jedermann and LOVED it. It was about $85 for a double, including bfast. Singles are also available. It's a five minute walk from the cathedral, and the staff is wonderful. Check out my page about it.

by tracys2cents