Terminalstrasse 20, Munich, Bavaria, 85356, Germany

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 44% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• giampiero6's Profile Photo

Convenient High Quality Hotel IN the Airport

I stayed here one night when my flight was cancelled due to technical reasons. This hotel is a high quality hotel (I'm not sure about it being luxury like a 5 star) but it certainly is a nice hotel. Bath and bed were excellent and the noise levels were quite acceptable considering that the hotel is in the airport.

Unique Quality: The biggest advantage of this hotel is that it is literally IN the airport. You can literally push your luggage cart to the front desk - so if you're flying out very early and want to be on location the night before to avoid the rush and hassles, or if you get stuck here, it's an excellent choice. One nice thing is that you can easily get into Munich from the airport with public transit, so if you end up here on a night like I did, you can comfortably get into town, enjoy dinner or a stroll and then get back to the hotel for an early morning flight.

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

An amazing hotel in the airport....

I was in transit in Munich and only had to spend the night over there. For that purpose, this hotel is simply perfect! Staying in the center wouldn't have made too much sense, it's about 40km away from the airport. On the contrary, the Kempinski hotel is just outside the Lufthansa terminal (2), you literally walk in by getting out of the airport!

I was a bit concerned about spending the evening over there but they have a wonderful swimming pool (17m long!) and a great restaurant! On top of it, wireless Internet access was also available via iPass. More than enough to kill the time...

The architecture of the hotel is quite amazing, it's made of two blocks around what we could call a huge covered atrium sheltering the reception, bars,... The cheaper rooms don't have a view to the outside but their windows open directly into that atrium. I don't know why, to me, that's definitely an advantage, the view outside is not that great anyway, we are protected from the outside noise and we can observe the inner life of the hotel! ;-)

To add to that, my room was very spacious, very well furnished and quite comfortable. If the room design looked quite modern, I can't really say the same for the bathroom, it was definitely well equipped but the pattern of the tiles made it look a bit old-fashioned.

To top it all, the breakfast buffet was simply gorgeous! I have rarely seen such a variety of food! ...but it was also the first time I was paying 29€ for a breakfast!

Directions: Directly at the airport

• Kajser-MK's Profile Photo

Luxury Hotel

We stayed one night in this Luxurious Hotel at the Airport .

Great spacious rooms , enormous toilete.
    It is quite expensive, but with everything it deserves every penny spent. Everything is so well organized it is almost perfect.

Two restaurants in it , the breakfast was a Buffet with many choices for food.

Directions: Just right when you leave Terminal2 .

• Convenience is a plus

We stayed at the Kempinski the night before flying home. It made it much easier to check in and avoid having to get up very early. The hotel is very nice and the rooms luxurious, as are the bathrooms. Be very prepared to pay; a pot of coffee for two through room service was 31 Euro. The staff is helpful and pleasant. The hotel deserves its rating as a 4-5 star hotel but it is only convenient to the airport.

Unique Quality: Right next to Terminal 2.

Directions: Between Terminals 1 and 2 at the Munich Airport.

• Scotty1023's Profile Photo

This is the place to finish your trip

The Hotel Kempinski at the Munich airport is fantastic! It is ajoining the airport, so you walk right over to the gates, underground with no weather issues. If you have an early flight, this is the place with no hassels with taxis or trains. It has the best breakfast buffet in Germany (in my humble opinion). The hotel is fantastic, with glass everywhere and rooms that are so comfortable you can't believe it.
    I recommend it highly, and if you are an AAA member have your reservation made through them and you save quite a bit of money. I stayed there for about 125 Euros.

Unique Quality: Next to the airport. Impecable service, great food, one of the best.

• llcole's Profile Photo

Very nice airport hotel

I was in Munich on business, and had to spend my first two nights at this hotel, as the city hotels had booked up due to a conference.

It was a very nice hotel, very well-appointed rooms (I had a suite), but internet access for me in the room was a problem due to the type of modem I have in my laptop, and the rooms are not equipped with wireless access. I had to access the internet from the public areas of the hotel.

Unique Quality: Very cool bar area, great airport access, also shopping (part of airport) nearby complete with grocery store (EDEKA).

My suite had a large bed, one nice full bathroom and one half-bath, and plenty of space. Sparkling clean, and brand-new furnishings.

Directions: at the airport

More about Kempinski Hotel Airport Munchen

Best airport hotel I've stayed in so far

by TripAdvisor Member thielees

Every business traveler knows the frustrations of staying in airport hotels. Either they have decent rooms and are terribly overpriced, or the price is OK but the rooms are the size of phone booths.

This hotel has succeeded in at least partially curing my cynicism. It offers a really agreeable ambiance both day and night in the huge lobby area, generous (and genuinely quiet!) rooms, plus all of the convenience one expects in an airport location. I always try to share whatever flaws a hotel has in these reviews, but in this case my experience was overwhelmingly positive.

FYI, we had a really enjoyable meal at the brewery/restaurant located in the commercial center between the two terminals (called Air Brau, I think). Also, for business travelers who can access the internet via cable, there are free connections in the small cafe located off to the side of the reception. All other connections (e.g., in the guest rooms) are paying.

An oasis of calm

by TripAdvisor Member Madtowntravelgirl

The Kempinski provided an oasis of comfort and calm after a very long and indirect flight from the US with our three young boys, ages 6-12. We had reserved two adjoining regular rooms (for 117 euro per night each, the online rate). They were spacious and quiet (you cannot tell you are at an airport), the beds very comfortable, and the bathrooms large and immaculate (American-style). Everyone in our family enjoyed the buffet dinner in the restaurant, which, although expensive, was excellent and provided a range of options. The only disappointment was that the pool was closed for repairs that particular week. Still the Kempinski provided a marvelous beginning to our exciting European adventure. In fact we liked it so much we are planning to stay again at the end of April!

Can't see what the fuss is about ....

by TripAdvisor Member RJB

If this is the best hotel in Munich, then Munich is in trouble. Yes, the lobby area is an outstanding architectural achievement, and the staff are very friendly and the food is good. The rooms, however, are relatively small at 30 square metres, and furnished in a modern but certainly not lavish style. Yes, its very clean, yes, its soundproof, yes, its exceptionally convenient for the terminals. And you won't have any complaints. But you are never going to say that this is the best hotel room that you have ever stayed in - no separate shower, not much circulation space etc. I paid Euro 128 inc breakfast and felt that a fair price - at some of the price I've seen on the website, I would feel overcharged.

Comments