Le Meridien Munchen

Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 38% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Central location nice rooms

Half way through a week here. Very nice rooms quiet on the courtyard. Make sure you ask for it. Non smoking rooms are indeed that .

Great location across the street from the main train station, but there are probably more interesting places to stay.

High speed interenet is MUCH to expensive 20 euros, and as slow as dial up definitley a negative for me. I wouldn't stay here again just for that.

TV has two english speaking channels, ok it would be nice to have more , but not high on my list others might want more.

People are nice, rooms very clean. Room service is quick , but food is so so.

Free morning coffee is cold and weak

• Modern Munich

My first trip to Munich was a real treat. The architecture is stunning. Old, beautiful, and rich. Le Meridian hotel and it's accomodations were a real surprise. A modern gem in the heart of downtown Munich. Easily accessible...located direclty across the street from Munich's biggest train station (FYI---Train is the only wat to travel around Germany; a short 2 hour ride to Salzburg is well worth it!) Within walking distance to all the city has to offer, Le Meridien is a little piece of the "W" in Germany. Modern ammenities, inlcuding flat screen TV's in every room and internet access, and comfort. My room phone even had caller ID that showed phone #'s from the U.S.! The beds are great although the late night beers might have helped me snooze... The underground spa, pool, and fitness center was outstanding. Never crowded and serene. Had a wonderful massage from a local girl named Sabrina. Used the lap pool every morning followed my a soak in the hot tub and about 10 minutes in the dry spa. Fantastic! The hotel offers a comprehensive buffet breakfast for 20 euros. All you could ask for including made to order omelets and incredible local breads. The lobby has a comfortable lounge that saw me drink about 15 unfiltered wheat beers in 4 days. Great times in Munich. Great accomodations!

Directions: Across from the train station

• IceBear7's Profile Photo

Le Meridien

Nice hotel in a central location, just minutes from the central train station and the most important sights.

Good business facilities, also pool, sauna, fitness centre.

I really liked the lounge, bright and lots of space.

Unique Quality: Great patio where it is just wonderful to have breakfast! Great breakfast buffett.

Directions: close to central train station

• dcwizard's Profile Photo

World Class Hotel near the Bahnhof

I wasn't planning to stay at Le Meridien during my recent weekend jaunt to Munich. But the night before my departure, I still didn't have a place to stay and was frantically going through websites to find a nice, centrally-located place to stay. Somehow I ended up on the Le Meridien website, and to my surprise and delight, found that the weekend rate they offered was quite reasonable. More than I expected to pay, but considering the quality of the hotel, certainly worth it.

Le Meridien in Munich caters to business travelers, so the rates are much higher during the week. But if you are looking for a great place to stay in Munich on the weekend and have a few extra Euros to pay, Le Meridian will not disappoint.

Unique Quality: My train arrived at 6AM, but the hotel was right across the street, and they had a room ready for me, even though I checked-in so early. The room was spacious and comfortable, with a nice plasma screen TV (which I didn't get to enjoy too much running around Munich!) and great bathroom. And the fitness center and pool/spa are very nice...an added bonus when recovering from an overnight train trip! Breakfast was not included, but the location is convenient to Marienplatz and the old center, with its many cafes and choices for breakfast. Another reason to get out early to enjoy a weisswurst at the Viktualienmarkt!

Directions: Across the street from the hauptbahnhof (main train station)

More about Le Meridien Munchen

Le Meridien-Munich is excellent.

My wife and I stayed four nights during Oktoberfest and had a wonderful stay. The entire staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. Excellent location across from the main train station. We made reservations through AAVACATIONS and got a better rate (including a great breakfast buffet) than booking directly with Le Meridien. The only drawback was our first night in a room overlooking Goethestrasse. There is a stip club directly across the street that stays open till 5am, and it is quite noisy. However, the staff was very accommodating and moved us to a different room. We would not hesitate to stay there again. The hotel is very modern. If you are looking for a traditional old-style Bavarian hotel, this is not the one.

Look no further

The Le Meridien Munich is a wonderful hotel. We stayed for one week. The location is superb...just across from the main train station, easy access in from and out to the airport and convenient walk to all of the attractions. If you want to take a day trip out of town, you only need to cross the street to catch the train. The breakfast buffet is incredible and sumptuous and the plasma TV was a nice extra! Pleasant and helpful staff. Hip decor, high speed and much more pleasant than the stuffy 5 Star hotels in Munich. Look no further, you will not be disappointed.

I've stayed in le meridian hotel for 19 nights...and i dont know what to say about it its just Excellent
the bedroom is so nice and it's is good and most important it is clean same for the bathroom.
The service of the hotel was also excellent everyone was friendly and helping...they made everything easy for us...i just love it ...i will never forget this stay

P.S the best thing is that its so close to marine plaz

Modern but Smokey

My husband and I stayed in this hotel in April 2004. It was by far the fanciest and most modern hotel we stayed in while traveling through Europe. It was also the most affordable and easiets to get to from the train station (it is literally across the street). We embraced the plasma tv, soaking tub, and down bedding that awaited us. The only downfall to this hotel was the amount of smoke that loomed in the air of the lobby and hallways. Guests lit up cigarrettes everywhere. Luckily, our room was smoke free.

Beautiful facility and very convenient

by TripAdvisor Member Bandlady

My son and I stayed here during the second week of August. We chose this hotel based on other TripAdvisor reviews, and everything was just as expected. The hotel is right across the street from the main train station, and within short walking distance of the center of old Munich, so it was very convenient overall. Room was beautiful - large, very modern and clean, with a huge bath. Staff was very helpful (especially the concierge). The only drawback we found was that, while you don't hear any street noise, there is very little soundproofing within the building itself, so you can hear lots from the hall and other peoples' rooms. Breakfast is not included and expensive, but just walk across to the Hauptbahnhof and you can take out whatever you want. Overall, a very nice experience.

Comments