Pension Seibel

iandsmith's Profile Photo

Upstairs downstairs

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 18, 2007

The route there (see Things to Do tips one and two) had indeed been circuitous and it had not been my original intention to stay here. Having arrived though and succeeded in dragging my luggage upstairs the room was passable with the basics and an en suite. Somewhat sadly there was a lack of quality disinfectant in use and there was always a slight odour emanating from said facility though it never permeated the main room, it was just apparent while you were in the en suite.
The location, as I was to find out, was excellent. In fact, if I had a choice as to the area I'd like to stay again, this would probably be it.
From my emails:
"Instead, I continued back to the Seibel Pension, one letter in excess of the accommodation I would like to be staying in.
There, as I did every night, I demanded a pot of tea. This ritual came about because no room in Germany has a jug, at least not the class of room I stayed in.
For the first two nights, in the area where we ate breakfast, I had a middle aged gay guy who used to make the tea for me and, when I finished, he used to enquire with upturned eyebrow, "Oh, you're not finished already are you?” Yes, I was mate.
Then I got a 26 year old bespectacled lad. He was into photography, so we conversed for ages, interspersing looking a pics with solving the world's problems and discussing philosophies of life.
He has an Indian girlfriend and expressed disdain at the amount of Germans who have gone to her country and "found" themselves. They are apparently easily identified by the chain they wear around their neck bearing the 'Omega' sign.
We were totally agreed on George Bush and he advanced a theory that Americans need to increase their petrol prices but I indicated there'd be a revolution if any American government dared to though I concurred with his principal.
At the end of our first night he introduced himself. His name is Jack. I said, "Being an Australian I'll have no trouble remembering that!" (This comes from a famous Australian book and saying, "I'm all right Jack")."

Directions: Near the viktualenmarkt

travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Decent hotel in Munich near the Victualienmarkt

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 3, 2005

Pension Seibel is nestled in Munich's old town, convenient to the Victualienmarkt. While I've had some excellent stays here, the quality of the rooms and service can be inconsistent. Also, prices can vary wildly, as it is a popular hotel when conventions are in town. Outside of conventions, you can save extra money if you don't mind sharing a bathroom with 1 or 2 other rooms. OK breakfast is served in a small room -- good coffee, but on some mornings the meats, breads, and cheeses are somewhat less than fresh.

Unique Quality: - A block away from the Victualienmarkt
- Safe, secure, and relatively quiet
- No elevator; handicapped access limited

Directions: (1) S-Bahn to Marienplatz, walk through the Viktualienmarkt , cross Frauenstrasse and walk up Reichenbachstrasse. Hotel is on the right.

(2) Tram #16 to Reichenbachstrasse. Walk down the street towards the Victualienmarkt. Hotel is on the left.

clunker's Profile Photo

Great Location

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 13, 2005

Quiet, nice breakfast, great location, reasonably priced. Not many services(pool concierge and the like), and there's no late night desk clerk, but you get your own keys to the front door. Staff is friendly and the rooms are clean.

Unique Quality: Great location. A short walk to the Marienplatz and all the central sights. Viktaulien Markt is just a block away. Taxi stand and grocery stand just outside the door if you need them.

Directions: One block from the Viktaulien Markt

Amenities at Pension Seibel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Wheelchair Accessible

Munich Travel Forum

Need advice about Munich, Germany? Visit the Travel Forum for Munich and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Munich hotel reviews

Olympic Park
Backstage
Olympic Park and Olympic Stadium
Favorites
Neues Rathaus (New town hall)
Oktoberfest