4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Costs 51% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• globetrott's Profile Photo

Just opposite of Hofbräuhaus

Hotel Platzl is in the very centre of Munich - just opposite of the worl-famous Hofbräuhaus !

Some years ago they also had a small theatre for traditional music and dance, called "Platzl Bühne" , but I am not sure if that still exists.

Unique Quality: Hotel Platzl is no place to stay for a traveller on a tight budget, but a great hotel, when you are able to aford it !

For prices and all other infos - please click on the link below !!

Just imagine, you had a lot of beer in Hofbräuhaus...
    ...and it is just a few steps to get home !! :-)

Directions: In the very centre of Munich - just opposite of the Hofbräuhaus

• LysDor's Profile Photo

PLATZL HOTEL

Even if I have stayed here only once, this hotel gave me very good impression. Rooms are decorated in a classic bavarian style.

The famous Maximilianstrasse with boutiques of the major international fashion designers is just a stone's throw away.
    Other sights, business areas and the Fairgrounds can be reached by Underground or S-Bahn (express light railway) from nearby Marienplatz, being just a three minute walk away.

Directions: Fax:++49/89/23 703-800

E-Mail: info@platzl.de

• shivan's Profile Photo

Platzl Hotel, a great one...

Platzl Hotel, a great one indeed!
    A bit old-fashioned (it's clear it's been restructured in the 70s but very confortable.
    it is about 300-400 DEM per night, quite expensive

Unique Quality: it's position is perfect for tourism

Directions: Platzl hotel is 10 minutes walk away from Marienplatz, that is actually the center of Munich, at least for what concerns tourism, so it's perfectly located.

More about Platzl Hotel

Better than expected!

by TripAdvisor Member ceeceerose

When I found the Platzl Hotel online, I was sure it was just another run-of-the-mill tourist hotel…a place where large tour groups stay because it’s relatively inexpensive and has lots of rooms. Even the Platzl’s own website does not do anywhere near the justice this little gem deserves. This is a real charmer. From the very pleasant staff to the free internet booth in the lobby to the VERY extensive breakfast offerings (I even was able to “special order” a waffle as part of the included morning breakfast), the Platzl offers some of Munich’s best service. And, about it being just another “tourist” hotel….it most definitely is not. It is close to 4-stars in room décor, elegance and extras. The lobby offers a cozy place to sit and have a drink…or you can choose to sit in the equally charming bar. The intimate restaurant offers some of the best food I had in the city. The rooms are above average…offering more than usual accessories and services. I was traveling with a friend and my room had one twin bed in it but her single room (booked for the same price) had two twin beds and was more spacious. And the location is near perfect…close to Marienplatz, within walking distance to the Englischer Gardens, and right around the corner from the Hofbräuhaus (which does cause some noise at night – if this is a problem just ask for a room on the other side). For the money (our rooms were $130 a night), it would be hard to go wrong with the Platzl.

Great Location, okay room

You really can't beat the location of this hotel. It is within easy walking distance of the major sites including Marienplatz and the Residenz Museum. There are several great restaurants within easy walking distance as well. The rooms were just pretty basic. There is no air conditioning, and it was stifling hot while I was there. But, I suspect that it does't get that hot that often there to justify air conditioning. The room was clean, but just very basic. The breakfast buffet was incredible. Overall, I would stay there again just based on location.

Great Location but Noisy and Small Rooms and Unresponsive Staff.

by TripAdvisor Member Himelda

We stayed in Munich three nights and loved the location of this hotel. It is close to restaurants, shops, tourist attractions and the pedestrian streets. The building is nice and the decorations pleasant.
We were however given a noisy room even though we had paid a higher price to avoid the noisiest street next to the hotel, and even though we were in the 4th floor.
Rooms are clean and well decorated but small and there is no air conditioning.
The breakfast is fine and has several options but it was not among the best breakfasts we had in Germany.
As mentioned by other reviewers these problems are made worst by the fact that the staff at the reception desk does not respond to questions regarding the room and if asked to consider other options their only response is that a different room would be something like 70 euros more expensive. The hotel was not full when we were there and it was hard to understand why there would not be a quieter room for us.
The “because you are not paying the highest rate’ attitude of the staff at the desk was very unpleasant and made us feel cheated.

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member TallCool1

This is a beautiful Hotel with a great location. You are close to everything. The breakfast is fantastic, it was the best of our vacation. I felt very lucky to be able to stay here during Oktoberfest.

My best kept secret...

by TripAdvisor Member dinerosdeb

Our hearts were set on staying at the Torbrau but unfortunately it was booked the beginning of October... or was it fortunately? The Platzl is a jewel. I hesitated to post this review, as I jealously don't want anyone to know it exists, however, I owe it to the hotel owners to write my sincere thanks for a job well done. The room was clean, interior new, quaint Bavarian style, the staff actually STANDS AT ATTENTION when you walk through the door! Unbelieveable!
Breakfast is wonderful, a great spread of everything that any person could ever want to eat, a la Bavaria!
I was in Munich on business which was close by and thought "when in Rome" and rented a bicycle for 15 Euros a day and it became my transportation. Just wonderful! If you get a bike, go to the English Garden... It is a wonderful bike ride, relaxing, just perfect.
Then there is the Maximillianstrasse... I mean what can you say? Words don't exist...
This is now my hotel, don't tell anyone it exists... please!!!!!!!!

Good Hotel in a Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Cruch88

The best thing about this hotel was the location. You can not beat it! You were within a 10 minute walk to the old town center and around the corner from Hofbrauhaus.

The hotel was very nice and the rooms were very spacious and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good and had many selections. You could also order waffles and eggs cooked any way you want.

The parking garage was a little bit of a challenge. Since we had 4 people traveling together we had rented a larger vehicle and it was a challenge to get in the garage and find a large enough parking space. I would suggest renting a very small car or just use the public transportation. We have already decided to use the public transportation next time we go to Munich.

Over all it was a good hotel and I would recommend it.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member squibjib

We loved this hotel. We got a room that had just been remodeled & it was great. Very clean & modern. Location is amazing but can be a little noisy at night. Breakfast was great every morning. The Platzl Museli was incredible. The staff were all very nice & helpful.
My only complaint is that when you first walk in the lobby you are greeted with a nasty smell of tobacco smoke. Such a beautiful hotel & lobby but they allow smoking inside it. I'm not totally against smoking ,they just need to ventilate it somehow. other than that tiny problem we loved this hotel & highly reccomend it.

Descent hotel in old city Munich

by DanTrip

We will be this weekend in Munich with our four children and look for a good hotel (3 or 4 stars for under 100 Euro per room per night -weekend rate. We thought it would be best to stay in the in the old city (near Marien Platz) so we can walk the city. We look for nice rooms and warm atmosphere, and don't need 24 hours room service ;)
Thanks

by jamesfmunro

Have you tried Expedia?

by Henkster

Try Platzl Hotel - a really great location, look it up on Google!

by yadidim

I am also going to munich and I have booked a hotel with Sheraton. it's a beutifull 4 star hotel and if you purchase it 21 days in advance you pay only 73 euros.
The same deal you can find at intercontinental hotels

the web sites are: