Bayerstrasse 7, Munich, Bavaria, 80335, Germany

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo

UPDATE: NOT RECOMMENDED

UPDATE: Hotel Stachus has undergone many changes since I last stayed here in 2008, I'm sorry to report these changes are mostly for the worse. I'll give a detailed update later, but I regret to report that I can no longer recommend Hotel Stachus.

I've been staying here for many years, going back to my single days. The Stachus is a pleasant, friendly hotel not far from the Hauptbahnhof. Check in at the welcoming front desk, and head for your room on the "Beam me up, Scotty" elevator. Single rooms are a bit narrow, but comfortable. Double rooms are of decent size and have all of the comforts (though you can save some money if you opt for a "shower down the hall"). Great European-style buffet breakfast in the "1st floor" (2nd floor if you're American) cafe.

Unique Quality: - Very close to the train station and Karlsplatz S-Bahn station
    - Easy access to the Stachus and Marienplatz pedestrian zone
    - Friendly service
    - Buffet breakfast included

Directions: From the Hauptbahnhof, cross Bayerstrasse and turn left. Halfway between the Hauptbahnhof and Karlsplatz/Stachus S-Bahn stations.

More about Stachus

Ein Prosit, ein Prosit - a toast, a toast!

by SOzolinsh

"Willkomen auf Muenchen"

After an eight-hour drive from Rothenburg, our University of Denver group arrived in Munich (Muenchen) late on the afternoon. Our lodging for the week was the Hotel Stachus, located on Neuhauserstrasse adjacent to the Mathaeser Bierstadt, and near the city train station, or Hauptbahnhof.

Needless to say, after a day of riding across Bavaria on Karl's BrawoTours bus, we didn't feel like doing much sightseeing that evening. We had a whole week for that. Instead, our group settled in at Mathaeser, enjoyed some delicious food and drink, and listened to Theo's oompah band. I feasted on the schweinehaxe (pig knuckles), while the vegetarians in our group had to settle for pretzels. Munich will never be confused with Boulder, Colorado, in that respect.

Comments