Arabellastrasse 6, Munich, Bavaria, 81925, Germany

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 37% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Beautiful and Comfortable Place to Stay

We stayed here twice, at the beginning and end of a tour of Central Europe. The rooms are very well kept and clean. The bathrooms are modern European with clear shower glass and stand alone glass showers, each with two shower heads. The amenities are Evelyn & Crabtree and include liquid hand soap in the granite sink area. The Heavenly Beds were..........heavenly with duvet covers. Each room has a safe and a fridge filled with computer sensor goodies. Don't even touch them if you don't want to be charged for something. There are also bathrobes in each room and lots of closets. The lighting was very good in the room - all the lights worked.
    The spa and pool area was still closed when we were there. The management apologized for water damage that occurred during the renovation and offered the pool service at the Sheraton which was across the street. There was no charge for using the Sheraton's pool and we took them up on that. We were given the Westin slippers to use while we were in the changing rooms and pool area.
    Our full buffet breakfast was included in our tour. The buffet included lunch type foods - sauteed mushrooms, potatoes, some cooked vegetables along with an abundance of cheeses, breads and meats; sliced ham, sausages, bacon, etc. Eggs were very good and fresh fruit was plentiful.
    There is a very nice restaurant in the lower level of this hotel. The lunch special was 8 Euro and included a salad buffet. However, we located a very nice shopping area just a couple of blocks from the hotel, behind the The Sheraton Hotel. We ate a sit down lunch inside at Rosy's Welt.
    The staff was very helpful and my husband and I split a fish dinner which included a wonderful German potato salad. This lunch cost 6.8 Euro and my husband left a tip.

More about The Westin Grand Munchen

Not bad if you can afford it

by sjvessey about Arabella Sheraton Grand Hotel Munich

Probably the nicest hotel I used in Munich. Nice looking place, with nice rooms, although smaller than the Hilton. Same TV channels. Worse chocolate in the minibar. Better restaurant and bar, with a lot more choice on the menu.

Great! If you can afford it

by carolnyc about Arabella Sheraton Grand Hotel Munich

I found this hotel easily from getting off the U4 to the last stop at Arabella. There is a strip mall like area around the hotel like grocery store, salons etc. I was staying with a friend who was ugraded to the Club Room level which was fantastic! We had an amazing view of the city! Also, there is a Club Room which offers drinks and snacks all day. Best of all was a breakfast buffet which offers you everything to your heart's content - eggs, bacon, breads, fresh squeezed juice, great coffee/tea, pastries, assorted meats, fruits etc.

I was sad to leave! The rooms were modern, sleek and very clean. Excellent! The pool was nice although shaped in a way that laps were not really possible. But the VIEW was stunning!!!! The facilities were impressive. There were two saunas that were large and smelled lovely of mint

Arabella Sheraton Grand Hotel M√ľnchen

by Bob_Shan about Arabella Sheraton Grand

Great great!
Wonderful room facilities including a super luxury bath room, large and comfortable bed.
I'm just a normal member of starwood hotel chain but the room is even better than the Delux one in Hilton, which only available for me when I became a golden VIP. Super good bath room, big wardrobe.
Breakfast is fantastic with much wider choices than Hilton

Nice hotel, overpriced and so so location

by TripAdvisor Member F.R.M.

I stayed at the Arabella Sheraton Grand Hotel several times. Staff are very friendly and the hotel is completely renovated in a nice style. Also the food at the main restaurant is very nice. There are only two problems: the first one is the location. It will take you at least 15 minutes by taxi to enter to the city. In front of the hotel is nothing to do, only a lot of traffic. The second problem is, that comparing to the Park Hilton or the Le Meridien (both are very nice and in a better location) the hotel is to expensive. Also the rooms are quiet small. But all over it's a nice, ok hotel.

Did not live up to expectations - mediocre hotel

by TripAdvisor Member hsv_hh

I was thoroughly disappointed with my stay at the Arabella Sheraton Grand.
I knew it was an ugly concrete highrise in an office park location. But I had read about it having been marvellously renovated with updated rooms and now being one of the best Sheraton properties.
Well, it is not in my book. The facade is dreary as ever. I booked through HRS, a renowned and reliable German booking site, and they gave me a room in their Garden Wing. It was facing the Mittlerer Ring St. and the street noise was definitely audible to put it mildly (others might call it noisy). I would discourage anybody from staying in that part of the hotel. My request to be moved to the Tower (I am a Starwood Priority Club member) was declined - only at a steep surcharge. There was no mentioning of this upon my reservation - although HRS might be to blame for this.
The beds were narrow. I do not expect water stains on the bathroom mirror upon moving into the room in a hotel of this category. I did not have cellphone coverage in the room - a no go in a business hotel IMHO. Apart from renovated interiors, for my taste the hotel remains soulless. Parts of the hotel still show its age decidedly (concrete on balconies, public outdoor areas outside the Paulaner Restaurant in its basement).
Overall a very disappointing stay and I would not return - especially with an excellent alternative like the Dorint Sofitel Bayerpost near central station available in town.
Overall a very poor stay

Great hotel, great deal, okay location

This is probably one of the best deals in Munich if you're looking for an affordable luxury hotel. My wife and I paid 99Euros for a standard room with breakfast.
Rooms are large, modern, clean. Our room was very quiet. Their marble bathrooms are quite impressive too. They've got an awesome indoor pool/spa (free!) and a very nice fitness center. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I've ever had.
The location: The hotel is located on the "Mittlerer Ring". It is a 10 minute cab-ride to the pedestrian zone in the city center, and it is a 15 minute walk to the English Garden. My wife and I rented bicycles - best way to get around town in Munich!
I would definitely stay there again anytime! Highly recommended!

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member KatwomanWA

For the price, this is an awesome place to stay while in Munich. We were in town a few days for Oktoberfest and this hotel was far better than the similarly priced "Bogenhausen" across the street. The lobby is immense and beautiful. The front desk staff speaks fabulous English and are extraordinarily professional and friendly. Our room was ready with no hassles and was a fabulous deal for the price, considering the 'holiday' timing.
You are about 5 train stops to the fairgrounds and the station is a five minute walk. We skipped the hotel breakfast and instead went to the supermarket on the way to the station and had fabulous pastries each morning. It also gave us a chance to stock up on bottled water for the day - a good idea for a long day of litres.
If we return to Munich, I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

will definetly go back

by TripAdvisor Member adorable79

i stayed in this hotel for two weeks. the area around the hotel is quite as mentioned by other reviews. nice lobby, good rooms, staff is helpful and great breakfast buffet which you have to stand in a queue to get what you want and other times its over crowded but its worth it..there are few resturants and shops near the hotel. but if you are looking for a more lively place you should stay away from this hotel because of the location

Wonderful Hotel - best in the area

by TripAdvisor Member FlaTraveler

We just arrived back in the states from a 2 week vacation/business trip to Switzerland, Munich and Amsterdam. This hotel, was by far the most beautiful, upscale hotel we'd stayed in our whole visit. We chose 4 star & 5 star hotels throughout our visit to each area. This was a 5 star, equal to ANY 5 star in the states (THAT'S unusual, usually European hotels are at least a one-star lower equivilancy). It was also the most reasonably priced of all the places we'd stayed. We were booked into an Executive room. The room was beautiful, nice sized, a REAL king bed,(not 2 twins mattresses put together), clean, with a chair, ottoman and wonderful desk. Concierge were helpful with any questions or requests we had. This was definitely a business man's hotel, but was wonderful to stay in such an elegant hotel on the vacation part of our trip. With the S bahn & U bahn system a 3 minute walk away, it was easy to get to anywhere in the city. We found a gourmet-style grocery store with multiple, wonderful, fresh choices for a quick breakfast on our way to sight-seeing. It was wonderful! When we go back to Munich, or if I know ANYONE going there, this would most definitely be the ONLY place we'd stay!

An Irishmans rave review

When compared to other European city hotels, the Grand Hotel in Munich is up there with the best of them (facilities, service and above all value for money). The staff were top class and went out of their way to facilitate our stay. I would highly recomend this hotel to anybody traveling to Munich.

arabella sheraton - municharabella sheraton - munich

AntiquariumAntiquarium

BMW museumBMW museum

Purnishment TablePurnishment Table

Getting to airport for a 6 am flight

by vidhi_b

I'll be in Munich in the end of April-beginning May and will be staying at Arabella Sheraton Grand Hotel on Arabellastr and have a flight for Mumbai at 6 am. Guessing that I'll have to reach the airport by 4 am, how can I reach the airport?
1. Can I get a train at around 3-3.30 am. How far is the station from the hotel and would it be safe for a single woman to travel at that hour?
2. If I consider getting a cab, how much will it cost?
3. Do u think it's a better idea for me to reach the airport around 11pm the previous night to avoid all problems?
Please help.
And a big thank u in anticipation

-V-

To:
1. M
2. [stop]
3. MUC

There is a connection which arrives at 04:17 at the airport. This will be sufficient. It won't be too busy that early in the morning.
No problem to travel there as a single woman at this time.
Single ticket is EUR 8,80. But better buy a day ticket the day before for the whole MVV network (EUR 10,00). Day tickets are valid till 6am next day, thus your early morning trip to the airport will be covered by the day ticket from the day before.

2. Taxi will be EUR 50-60. Munich airport is not really close to Munich.

3. No.

Re: Getting to airport for a 6 am flight

by worldtrekker

I realize that you have a hotel already, but if you are considering getting to the airport the night before, I thought I'd let you know of another option. There is a very nice 5 star hotel at the airport: www.kempinski-airport.de I also had an early morning flight out of Munich and found this to be really convenient. You literally walk out of the hotel and you are in the airport.

Comments