angelo Designhotel Munich

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• littleman's Profile Photo

Enjoyable stay

I spent 5 days at this upmarket hotel,located between the railway station and a small shopping centre.I found my room had all the mod cons and a very comfortable bed.The breakfast was very good, the staff were friendly and spoke english and I was able to use the gym at the shopping centre and buy my railway tickets at reception.I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.I have no complaints about my stay here.The hotel is located 3.5 kilometres from the centre of Munich.Even though the hotel is next to the train station I deciced to walk into Munich everyday.The walk is flat and there are 3 different routes to take into the city.Very enjoyable stay at this hotel.

Directions: Leuchtenbegring Station

More about Munich

Eser Saral & Tosun SaralEser Saral & Tosun Saral

"Ruined" facade"Ruined" facade

MunichMunich

OlympiahalleOlympiahalle

Travelling to Munich w/ husband end of October. What to do? Where to go?

by pingunootnoot

Hi everyone.

Husband and I are travelling to Munich the end of October and was wondering if anyone can recommend Kultfabrik or other night life clubs that play more RNB music rather than techno. We'll definitely be trying the beer houses but would also like to know more about the clubbing scene.

As someone mentioned in another post, it gets quite dark early around this time of year, does it mean things close earlier? Does this apply to beer houses and clubs?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Travelling to Munich w/ husband end of October. What to do? Where to go?

by Turtleshell

although I'm now living near Munich, I'm more familiar with Berlin's nightlife.
If Kultfabrik, then perhaps the Rafael would best match your taste in music.

Alternatively you could try Backstage (http://www.backstage.eu) and see if they have something nice to offer when you are here.

Best known for good nightlife would be the borough of Schwabing.

The fact that it is going to get dark quite early does certainly not affect opening hours.

Re: Travelling to Munich w/ husband end of October. What to do? Where to go?

by pingunootnoot

Thanks turtleshell. Will definitely add them to my list. :D

Travel Tips for Munich

EasyInternetCafe

by Peterodl

I used the EasyInternetCafe services while in Munich. The prices were some of the most reasonable that I found and there is always a free spot to use.

I would buy a 5 day unlimited use pass at the Bahnhofplatz location across the street from the Westbahnhof.
At the Bahnhofplatz location, to get to the main computing floor, go to the back wall and down the stairs.
The street level is always full of people using the computers. Downstairs was usually quiet.

You can buy 1/2 hour, hourly passes at the going rate at the time you buy them (prices vary somewhat during the day.) Or you can buy 24 hour, 5 day, 7 day passes up to 30 days.

The service is very easy to use and in many of the locations there are food services offered. At the Bahnhofplatz location there is a McDonalds restaurant.

TV show memories

by sabsi

The day my rowing club competed in the German sports gameshow Power Play. My body still hurts from riding the electric bull I think. Unfortunately my pictures of this day were stolen so I have no proof that I did it ;-) (The picture here is taken from my rowing club's newsletter - the only picture I had from this fantastic day!)

It was amazing what kind of questions brought our team close to a big embarrassment, including 'How many rowers are there in a rowing eight?'. Answer: 'Ach... ääähm neun'. HAHAHA it was close!!

Olympia Park and Stadium

by bugulma

The first airport in Munchen was laid here in 1909. When munchen was chosen as a capital of XX Olympic games, the building works began in 1968 and finished to the beginning of the games in 1972. unfortunately it was snowing when I visited the park. Next time I'd like to go upstairs to the Olympia Turm, Olympia Tower, in 290 meters high.

A service is charge is...

by Schagz

A service is charge is included in the restaurant prices, it's customary to show appreciation for good service simply by rounding up the bill a mark or two. The same holds true for taxis. In big hotels, international tipping customs still hold.

Blade Night Munich

by claudia1975

Every Monday in the summer months (between Mai and August) there is the Bladenight in Munich. Many streets are closed for cars and other vehicles and only inline-skaters are allowed on the streets. The Blade night is a very well organized mass event with up to 32.000 participants one time. There are bands playing and companies displaying sports fashion or energy bars and drinks. The blade tour is about 15 km, but you can also shortcut or go several rounds. There is also a special tour for families. The recent directions can be found at the web page. The Blade Night Munich is a great way to exercise, get fresh air after a day in the office and meet interesting people at the same time. Plus it is for free. Inline skates (roller blades)
helmet for kids
protection for wrists, knees, elbows
something to drink and eat
maybe a headlight if blading in the dark

Comments