4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Bahnhofstrasse 1 - 3, Nuremberg, Bavaria, 90402, Germany

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

A poch hotel close to the station

Located close to the station, this is probably one of the most luxurious hotel I have staid at Nuremberg. At the same time, this is also one of the cheapest ones. That's probably due to the "single" room I have got. It is not so often that I get a single bed in a hotel!!

The room was quite small but furnished with taste.

There was no real view since the windows was opening on some kind of inner court. That's not so bad, I was not here for the view and at least the night was pretty quiet.

Unfortunately no wireless Internet access, you have to go wired but then Ipass is available!

Directions: Close to the station

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo

Best Hotel in Nuremberg

Le Meridien Grand is rated as the best hotel in Nuremberg - we have no reason to disagree. This historic building at the entrance to Altstadt has been a hotel since 1905. As it was one of the very few buildings left intact after WWII bombing, all the important players from the Nuremberg trials lived here. So the architecture is old-style, with low ceilings for the lobby and heavy marble pillars. The decor is best described as Art Deco. Even the lift has glass walls. The rooms are adequate in size, well - soundproofed, and with dated but comfortable and functional furniture in good condition.
    The breakfast buffet included in our rate was very nice indeed - anything one could want including some amazing rolls and pastries. If requested, eggs-to-order as well. If not included in the room rate, the buffet is expensive at about Eu30.
    The most enduring feature of this hotel is the friendly, capable, and helpful staff. They had printed data for most everything. The restaurant list, for example, exceeds 30 in number and is divided by cuisine and presented with a numbered map for location. On a rainy day, even the umbrellas were loaned on the honor system.
    The hotel is not given 5 stars because some rooms facing a center courtyard have no air-conditioning which might be very significant in the heat of summer.

Unique Quality: The Le Meridien Grand Hotel is far from the nicest, or most luxurious, or most expensive hotel we have stopped in, but we have no complaints with the three nights passed here. Again, the best hotel in town.

Directions: Directly across the street from the main train station as well asthe intersecting Ubahn and tram stops and right next to the entrance to the Old City - location is everything.

More about Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg

A Grand Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member $savemoney$

It was within walking distance from the train station. It was far off from the Altstadt. In general, the hotel is very convienently located. The room was cozy. We would stay there again if we go back there again.

10 years too late for a refit

by TripAdvisor Member Passingthrough

My first review of a hotel I didn't stay in.
We booked on the internet and as we drove up to the grim looking dirty old pile on a busy street corner by the railway station our expectations of something like the Meridien in London evaporated.
We went inside this gothic horror and found a dark, dingy, outdated, unloved old once-grand hotel neglected way beyond the time it should have been closed for refurbishment.
We asked to see the room before we would book in - after all the public spaces might be the last part of the hotel to be updated - but no! The room was dull, with old mismatched pieces of domestic furniture, it was tired and worn out and after a long drive so were we but not about to put up with this! The only thing the room lacked was a very old lady in a rocking chair whose son runs the hotel.
We spoke with the duty manager who was extremely professional, understood our opinion and admitted that the hotel is due for a refit in 2006. We went to search for another hotel.
Check it out in 2007!

Great Location!

This hotel is literally across the street from the train station. If you turn right from the hotel, your are in the middle of Old Town. Also, directly across the street are street cars which will take you to the Documentation Center. We found a good rate for the hotel on the internet. While I would not say the room was 5 star, it was quite comfortable. We had no complaints. The staff was very friendly. However, if you book a room without breakfast, it will set you back 18 Euros to eat there. I would stay here again if I returned to the city.

Reasonable Hotel close to the centre

We stayed over the Christmas period. The hotel was very busy and the staff struggled to keep up with demand in the restaurants and we had to wait for long periods for food to arrive. Nevertheless, they did cope and were some of the most helpful and pleasant hotel staff I have met.

The room was reasonably appointed and a fair size with comfortable beds. Some of the equipment in the room was in need of updating or repairing. There was a lack of shelf space in the bathroom but not a big problem. We were at the front of the hotel which was a little noisy from street noise but had good views.

The lobby was very small and as there was no lounge or other area for meeting left the hotel a bit impersonal.

Overall, though, a reasonable hotel.

Quality , Centrally Located ,Pleasant Hotel

Have stayed at the Grand Hotel many times over the years and have always been satisfied . It has that old world charm that I look for when traveling to Europe , it exudes " class " . It definitely is 4 star and is a value for the money . Modern hotels leave me cold . The only thing I don't like is that breakfast is separate and it is assumed that you will have breakfast there unless you tell them when you check in you do not want breakfast
Considering that they charge 16 or 18 Euros for it , much too expensive for someone like myself who only has 2 cups of coffee and a sweet roll for breakfast .
I go to a pastry shop down the street and have my coffee and pastry there for about 5 or 6 Euros .

A lovely room with a great location

We stayed at the Le Meridien at the beginning of a cruise down the Danube River. We arrived by train from Stuttgart (unairconditioned in blazing heat) and walked across many lanes of traffic with suitcases to the wonderful hotel. We later found a tunnel under the street that was much safer! The staff were friendly and efficient and the room was beautiful. We had a small living room which was great! The bed was heavenly and soft. We have stayed in many Le Meridiens and always have good experiences there. The location was fabulous as it was a downhill walk to the wonderful shops on the main street of old Nuremberg. After you cross the River Pignetz you go up the hill to the old castle which has fantastic views. Everything is an easy walk from the hotel. Minibar prices were excessive (as is typical for Le Meridien) but we brought in our own wine which was purchased at a small grocery store on the main street and enjoyed it in our lovely room. I would definitely recommend this hotel as the location is perfect, especially if coming in by train.

Repeat customer

by TripAdvisor Member HikerChick

My second time staying at this hotel, and I will continue to stay there when I am in Nuremberg because it's such a good location - right across the street from the train station and adjacent to the "old" (reconstructed) town part of Nuremberg. I previously stayed there in December so air conditioning wasn't an issue and I just assumed a Le Meridien would have airconditioning. My parents were upgraded to an airconditioned room while I found myself in a stifling room without even a fan. Perhaps they have fans, but I was out late and leaving early so I didn't bother to ask. Lesson is, ask for an A/C room if you can get it! Also, remember to check your bill for the expensive breakfast if you don't eat there - they'll automatically charge you for it, you have to ask for it to be removed from the bill.

Good Quality Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member upstate_traveller

Nice hotel, onsite restaurant was good for breakfast and dinner. Valet parking for car quick and easy. Some rooms do not have air conditioning, during hot weather internal facing rooms are hot, external facing rooms suffer noise, ask for a rear facing external room.

Price was good and location for walking into city is best in the area. Walking distance from train and tram, short taxi ride from local city airport.

Will be staying there again now I know the type of room to ask for.

Comments