Landhotel Laerchenhuegel

More about Oberammergau

WoodcarvingWoodcarving

Luftlmalerei HousesLuftlmalerei Houses

Schloss LinderhofSchloss Linderhof

Rottenbuch - 30 km north of OberammergauRottenbuch - 30 km north of Oberammergau

Passion Play tickets

by LorettaG

Does anyone know about the availability of tickets for the Passion Play at this point in time? Would they be sold out by now? There is no indication on the website.

by colares

Presently you can buy tickets only in combination with a package (hotel). The web site states, that ticket without package will be sold starting in spring.
Have a look here: http://www.passionplay-oberammergau.com/

by swandav

Hi,

Actually, the individual play tickets are sold out already as they went on sale in Sprin 2009.

So, yes, at this point you can only buy tickets as part of a hotel/play package. Just use the link given above and select "other Countries" (or else you'll get a list of tour operators who will also sell plane tickets, etc).

Hope you're getting all the info you need!

s

by lifeisatrip

I acutally bought tickets just for the play, but this was in the spring of last year (I will not get my tickets until two months before the play). I made my own hotel reservations. Have I known, however, that I could have bought the combination package, I would have done it that way. It was difficult to find three hotel rooms as most hotels in the area are committed to the package deal.
If you access their website and find a telephone number, that might be your best bet in finding out. I was able to speak to someone who spoke english. They had to go get her and that took a little bitof time.

I bought six tickets at €165.00 for 30 May. Two of which are for my friends coming from the states. If for any reaso, they can not come, I will have to sell them.

by LorettaG

Thank you all for your input. I am aware of the single tickets and hotel/play packages. I would be interested in a package but didn't know if they were sold out by now. We would like to travel on our own and don't want a complete tour package. Hotel/play packages are more expensive if purchased from an agency in the States. We will soon be faxing our request directly as directed on the website and will hope for the best as far as getting our choice of dates. Thank you again!

by lifeisatrip

That should have read: 6 tickets @ €165.00 per ticket. So don't be surprised at the cost. Although the tickets I bought are not the cheapest ones, I think they're the second from the most expensive.

Travel Tips for Oberammergau

The Forstamt dates back to 1753

by globetrott

The Forstamt and its great gear fassade date back to 1753 and when you take a closer look, you will see that this kind of fassade-painting is rather similar to the one, seen in Genua and other places in Italy.
You get the impression to see sculptures and columns, but it actually is just a painted illusion.

A passionate place

by reenby

We did not visit during the Passion Play year, so it may be very different then.

We found a pretty village which is much bigger than I expected. There were not hoards of tourists, just enough to keep the restaurants and bars in good business. Lots of shops mostly selling carved religious figures at very high prices - we bought a tiny little mouse.

We did find that the local teenagers gather on the main town square until the wee small hours and make a tremendous racket - so if you can, avoid having a room overlookig it, as you wont sleep.

Comments