Oberammergau Hotels

Our Members Say

• Trekki profile photo Trekki
  • Reviews: 2498

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Schauberger family: Excellent views, nice holiday apartment

During the second part of my two weeks in Oberammergau I stayed in the holiday apartment of Schauberger family. This was a suggestion of Mrs. Unruh, where I stayed in the first part of my trip.

Despite the rather out of the way location of the apartment (approx. 20-25 min walking to the town centre) I loved my stay. Above all because of the charming apartment interior, but also for the possibility to do laundry, the availability of kitchen and fridge and for the magnificent view. The living/dining room is equipped with TV, DVD player and radio, a large selection of DVDs is available, some of these with English versions. The couch, by the way, is a studio couch (can be transformed into a bed). I spent several evenings here, cooked my meals, watched TV, logged into VT or browsed through the various many brochures, books and other information material about the town and the region. The bedroom has a double bed with comfortable firm mattress and a large wardrobe, where also more blankets can be found in case the temperatures drop. But then, the room heating is excellent. The kitchen is rather small, only one person could be there at a time, but has everything one needs: 4 plate stove and oven, dishwasher, electric kettle and a coffee machine, brand Tchibo Cafissimo. This works with capsules, which I bought at Tengelmann. 10 capsules cost approx. 3 Euro, and they come in various sorts (espresso, coffee with crema and “filter coffee” types). A special service provided by Schauberger family is the fresh bread rolls they have delivered from an excellent bakery nearby, based upon the orders of their guests (prices for the bread rolls are between 0,30 - 0,70 Euro, plus 1 Euro delivery per day).

WLAN is available and even a computer for their guests. This is in the storage room otherwise with fridge, microwave and several other household things (iron and ironing board, laundry dryer).
And a garage parking is available for the guests.

Directly outside of the apartment, which is located in the ground level, is a terrace with table and chairs. It is conveniently located below the terrace of Schauberger’s family apartment; ideal because I could sit outside also when it rained.

This holiday apartment is also connected to the Königscard system and I made more use of my card, especially the ropeway to nearby Laber Mountain, museums again and visits to the fabulous public bath called “Wellenberg”.

For my 8 nights I paid 320 Euro (40 Euro per day), which was lower than the price for 2 persons (65 Euro for a stay from 3 nights on and 58 Euro for a stay more than 7 days). Plus 1,30 Euro per day visitor tax.

Location of holiday apartment Schauberger on Google Maps.

© Ingrid D., January 2014 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.).

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written January 4, 2014

• Sharrie profile photo Sharrie
  • Reviews: 6309
Hotel Atte Boft: Hotel

I was on a day excursion from Munich. So, didn't stay in this city. But I did take a photo of this hotel in the city center. Charming, isn't it?

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written September 25, 2002
Tip Photo

• cynthi profile photo cynthi
  • Reviews: 123

Pension Schnitzlerstube: I wouldn't stay anywhere else...

The Pension was nice, clean, had a beautiful view of the mountians, and our room, which had two beds and a full bathroom, cost a total of 50 Euro per night. At the time we stayed, my sister and I were the only North American guests around. There were a range of other visitors... a family with two young boys from Italy, two older French ladies, and a couple of other guests from Germany and Austria.

What made the Pension Schnitzlerstube so outstanding were the owners, Toby and Gerti. They were about my sister's age, with two children, a funny dog named Hexe (witch in German), were very nice and enthustiastic, and they did everything that they could to make us comfortable. Toby went out of his way to give me and Beth a ride to the train station when it was time for us to leave. Toby also gave us wonderful suggestions as to where to go, and Gerti watched out for us, telling Georg to behave and bring us back from the wine festival (apperently several times because Gerog started calling her our mother). I could go on and on about my stay with them. Really, WHEN I go back to Oberammergau, I wouldn't stay anywhere other than Pension Schnitzlerstube.

• Opinion of Price: N/A