Hotel Pension Lindenhof

More about Prien am Chiemsee

BavariaBavaria

SwanSwan

Old DocksOld Docks

Walking in the parksWalking in the parks

Travel Tips for Prien am Chiemsee

There must be somewhere to eat!

by reenby

This was a stopover on a Bavarian cycle trip.

We failed to find anywhere to eat on our first night other than in our hotel.

On the second night we did manage to track down a pizza restaurant which was ok. We did not see any other restaurants in town, so I assume the locals drive down to the Chiemsee to eat.

For the tourist, the best option is to take the train down. There are lots of restaurants along the lakeshore - although the one we ate in proved to be quite expensive.

Prien am Chiemsee

by new_hope30

This lovely region of Bavaria is quite picturesque. The towns are very quaint and the scenery stunning. I enjoyed 3 wonderful days of lounging here. I had my own room with a beautiful balcony view in a pension for only 20 Euro/night so I stayed a little longer than planned. Only drawback is the fact that almost no one speaks English. Now, I'm not one of those arrogant Americans who expects everyone to speak English to accomodate me, but I have to say that of all the places I visited, this was the most difficult to get around due to language restrictions. Luckily, my friend Reiner (see below), whom I met at Saucy Mary's during my stay in Skye, drove down the two hours to meet me for the afternoon and help me get set up for my stay. I'm very grateful to him for his help because if it weren't for him, I'm pretty sure I would have been sleeping at the train station. :-)

Another wonderful friend I met during my travels. The day after this photo was taken, Reiner moved to South Aftrica to start his new career after graduating from Cambridge.

Comments