Rothenburg ob der Tauber Hotels

Our Members Say

• Bonkers11 profile photo Bonkers11
  • Reviews: 59

Guesthaus-am-heckenacker.: http://www.gaestehaus-am-heckenacker.de/index.php/

Large rooms and quiet. I did however not get access to the WIFI until the last day despite asking. The beds were all singles but for the price one cannot complain. The hot water took along time to run though and it was cold at night and no blankets were in the rooms. There was alos no tea and coffee making facility in the room.
The prices were 36 eurosfor breakfast which is a simple european affair
30 euros without breakfast but they did let me have a coffee.

Good value
Close to town but not in the old town
Quiet
Friendly

• Related to: Historical Travel, Arts and Culture, Architecture
  • Written March 9, 2013

• bpwarne profile photo bpwarne
  • Reviews: 332

Haus Karin: A Rothenburg B&B

We enjoyed our stay of three nights at this B&B in Sept, 2012. Our room was big, clean, quiet, warm and cozy with its own bath room. There are 3 or 4 other rooms available, however, at least 2 of them have shared baths. The house is in a quite neighborhood and there is a separate entry for guests. While Karin certainly came across to us as a model of German efficiency, she also is very set in her ways as we found out at our first breakfast in the house. When I asked for cereal she told me bluntly I was in Germany now and should eat what was on the table. The next day I showed up with a box of cereal which actually made her laugh! We had 2 choices when choosing a B&B,we could either stay within the walls of Rothenburg and its masses of tourists, or choose Karin's B&B,. In the end we were glad we chose Karin's.

Breakfast included
Karin keeps a small fridge in the hallway stocked w/ beer, bottled mineral water, There is also coffee and tea, all free.
If arriving by train she has free pickup and drop off service.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Budget Travel, Architecture
  • Written October 27, 2012

• Ilney profile photo Ilney
  • Reviews: 13

Gastholf Butz: Great place to stay

Great place to stay. Restaurant serves tipical food. Excellent breakfast. In summer we can have meals out side in litle tables.
Little garden in the backyard. Very kind staff.

Excellent location, fews steps from the main plazza.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written June 13, 2011

• Henk.Irene profile photo Henk.Irene
  • Reviews: 66

Hotel Mittermeier: Pleasant Hotel also called Villa

Despite a one night stay, proved to be a good hotel. We had a modern rooms with a large bathroom. The breakfast was fine, the dinner we enjoyed in the city. To visit the city is a great hotel.

We only stayed one night, so no experience with special features or amenities.
The hotel is right outside the medieval city wall and through the Würtzburger Gate you right in the old town.

• Related to: Cycling, Historical Travel, Seniors
  • Written January 24, 2011

• codrutz profile photo codrutz
  • Reviews: 1450

Guesthouse Edith: Modest but clean and nice

Back in 2005 we were traveling on a low budget so price was the main criteria. We found this guesthouse located inside the walls of Rothernburg, minute distance from the city hall, cheap and with welcoming hosts.

Great location. The guesthouse is on the top floors of the Cafe-Restaurant Spätzle-Schwob. No private parking, little difficult with card inside Rotherburg but we managed to find a place for our car just in front of the pension.

• Written June 28, 2010

• Maryimelda profile photo Maryimelda
  • Reviews: 975

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gasthof Breiterle: What a bargain?

I was a bit dubious to say the least about this hotel when I booked it because it seemed way to good to be true for the price. but I went along with the reviews which were all good and took the chance. I'm really glad that I did. I had a spacious double (for single use) with a full sized bathroom for 40 euro per night (breakfast included) in September 2009.

I guess it was cheap because there was no lift and no televison, but I figured I rarely watched TV because of the language problems and as long as I could get some kind staff member to carry my bag up and down, the exercise of walking up and down the stairs wasn't going to kill me.

The hotel which is housed in what was once a brewery, is well located just inside the Roeder Gate and about 200 metres from the Market Place. There are shops and restaurants all along the way to the Market Place as well, so everything was at my fingertips. The breakfast buffet was first rate and the staff extremely friendly and courteous. I would definitely return.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Seniors, Women's Travel
  • Written December 14, 2009

Gasthof Breiterle.....

• klasher profile photo klasher
  • Reviews: 213

Guest House Viktoria: Large Suite

Easily located, right outside the Klingator gate. We were greeted warmly by our hostess and shown to our spacious suite. We paid 68 Euros a night. The suite is not as cheesy as it looks on the website. The breakfast was at a sister hotel and had a large selection of cakes, crossaints, juices and cereal.

Very large accomodations for an excellent price. Private bath.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written October 14, 2007

• Ladymarian1 profile photo Ladymarian1
  • Reviews: 44

Hotel Kruchof Garni

Small family run hotel in centre of Rothenburg. Might have spelt the name wrong! Parking is available. Rooms are large and spotless. Nice little touches such as chocolate put on pillow Breakfast is plentiful and Patron could not have done more to have made us more welcome. English was spoken. Would definitely recommend

Patron extremely welcoming. Tucked up side street, can be a little difficult to find.

• Written May 19, 2007

• suzaila profile photo suzaila
  • Reviews: 21

Karin and Hans Weiß Guest House: A very homely feel guest house

This guest house belongs to a lovely retired couple. It is situated in a housing area and it is just 5 minutes walk away from the tourist spot. The rooms are each nicely decorated and are spotless. The beds are comfortable and Karin even leaves a nice mint chocolate on your pillow. Breakfast is served from 6.30 am (if I remember correctly) and the spread is really good. Karin even cooks up some sausages. Drinks are available 24/7. You just have to go fix them yourself in the kitchen. All this for a resonable price of 23 Euro per person.

Best part is that both Karin and Hans are such nice people and they make you feel so welcomed. I will definitely stay here again.

It was really an icing on the cake when Karin comes and picked us up from the train station. Otherwise, since we don't have a car, we would have to drag our heavy bags and take a few buses. This "to and from the train station" transport service is provided by the lovely couple free-of-charge.

• Written May 9, 2007

• TripRider profile photo TripRider
  • Reviews: 2

Weinstube Pöbel: Good Place & Great Food & Five Stars Hospitality

Best kept secret!
The place is rather small but clean and cozy.
Mr. Pöbel, the owner, is one of the nicest and friendliest German I've ever known.
Having worked as a chef, he prepares typical German food as it should be, and at a very very reasonable price (e.g. Schnitzel with "Bratkartoffel" for 4 - 5 Euros!!! and not any instant schnitzel, but home made from original recipe!!!!) Wine is also good, though not from his own production.
Mr. Pöbel is also very attentive, picked us up from and drove us to the train station.
Breakfast was not "elegant buffet style" but very créme de la créme in its manner.
A double bed room costs 45 Euros. 3 nights or more: 40 Euros/night. (incl. breakfast)

Anyway, very recommended!!!!!!!!!!

Location: right at the famous "Plönlein" and the "Siebersturm"
"Cafe Haus" only three or four houses away.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, School Holidays
  • Written December 26, 2006
Tip Photo

Take the steep path to the right

• charlesracine profile photo charlesracine
  • Reviews: 182
Goldenen Rose / Boutiquehotel Goldene Rose: WAS personal favorite, before was newly remodeled.

It WAS a good small Hotel in a quieter location, 25 beds and has a very good restaurant. If you need a modern feel to your hotel, this is not for you, as well as many other hotels in Rothenburg for that mater. It is clean and well maintained but some rooms did not have toilets, for example. But, still was is my favorite located in a quiet part of town.

NOTE:
A) May 2009 they are now calling it "Boutiquehotel Goldene Rose", so it has changed. info@goldenerose-rothenburg.de I hope the remodeling didn't change thr old quaint feel of the hotel.
B) I have looked at other reviews on Trip Advisor and it is confirmed that the hote has unfortunately changed. IT IS NO LONGER A NICE FAMILY RUN HOTEL AND HAS LOST IT'S FRIENDLY FEEL.

It HAD the feel of what it was like hundreds of years ago. Some rooms have bathrooms included in the rooms. The inn was built in 1778 and remodeled in 2009. The restaurant HAD excellent food and the tap beer is good also. Parking wasn't a problem on the street and they have a few spots in the rear of the Hotel.

• Related to: Architecture, Singles
  • Written October 12, 2006

Goldenen Rose hotel on Spitalgasse

• charlesracine profile photo charlesracine
  • Reviews: 182

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Raidel: One of our favorites in town.

Nice location within the wall and good clean accommodations. No bar or restaurant but, very good possibilities nearby.

It has an old interior also and has the feel of what it was like a few hundred years back. No problem, toilets were in our rooms.

• Related to: Architecture, Historical Travel, Family Travel
  • Written October 12, 2006

• Peterodl profile photo Peterodl
  • Reviews: 229

Gasthaus Goldnes Lamm: Goldnes Lamm

Since 1438, this house was used by the Shepherd Brotherhood in Rothenburg as a hostel.

I stayed in the Goldness Lamm in 1999 with my high school group for two nights. I was in the first floor (2nd floor in America) in the room with two windows on the right of the building over the word "Lamm". The room was a basic, 2 person room with an ensuite bathroom.
The bathroom didn't have a lock on the door, which was slightly annoying and the door didn't stay shut when closed and opened out towards the room.
The breakfast buffett is the typical fare but well stocked and varied but you get to eat in a good sized room with a large window looking out to the back of the hotel where there is a small beergarden.

The hotel's location is right on the main square across from the town hall and the information office. It is easy to find and a parking lot is only 2 blocks away.

Great location
Center of town
Biergarden

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Trains, Road Trip
  • Written June 6, 2006

• Tetreus profile photo Tetreus
  • Reviews: 652

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Zur Olmuhle: The best bed and breakfast !

Great.........nice cosy rooms with own bathroom in a quiet environment just outside Rothenburg.

Breakfast is very good, like a real German breakfast !

We love it.....we often go here !!

Price: 45 euro per room ( incl. breakfast )

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Road Trip, Family Travel
  • Written February 10, 2006

• Peterodl profile photo Peterodl
  • Reviews: 229

Hotel Restaurant Kloster-Stueble: Hotel Restaurant Kloster-Stueble

A very nice place to stay in next to the Franciscan Church and very close (only about 30-40meters) to the entrance to the Castle Gardens.
I stayed in the family apartments on the top floor. There are 4 beds in the apartment. One master bedroom, one room with two twin beds and one queen-sized bed in a lofted area above the living room.
Below the lofted area is the bathroom. There is a bathtub large enough for me (at 6'2") to comfortably stretch out, a separate shower stall, toilet and sink.
The living room is large and spacious with a cushy wrap around sofa and a large television with cable and CNN.
There is a decent sized kitchen area next to the living room with a typical German dinner table and benches built in.
The hotel has its own restaurant which has a very good selection for reasonable prices. The breakfast selection is very nice as well. The coffee is great.

A new area on the ground floor was nearing compleation at the time of my visit with a free high-speed internet equiped computer for guests' use.
The staff were friendly and helpful and spoke very good English.

Family apartments, close to city center, close to Castle Gardens, next to Franciscan Church

• Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Trains