Sommersdorf Hotels

• Rhondaj profile photo Rhondaj
  • Reviews: 771

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gabrielle apt.: Schloss Sommersdorf

There are several apts and rooms in the castle. Visiting the castle's website will give you excellent views of the apartments.

My sis said one morning, "Well, mom said something last night I think I may never hear again."
"What?" I asked.
"It was quiet. We were getting ready for bed. Mom said, did you hear that? I think I heard something plop into the moat."

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written February 22, 2008
Tip Photo

common room

• Rhondaj profile photo Rhondaj
  • Reviews: 771

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Schloss Sommersdorf: Reside in Royal Style

This apartment is in the Bohemian House, built in 1750. It was converted to vacation apartments in the year 2000. The Baron and Baroness Crailsheim live on the property and go out of their way to make their guests comfortable. The castle has been owned by the Crailsheim family since 1550.

We rented this apartment through Untours, and paid a more reasonable rate than the one shown on the reservation page. However, Untours requires at least a one week stay here, with the second week being in an apartment on the Rhine. Or, you can stay at the castle for two weeks. Untours.com

Staying in a Castle!!
The grounds are lovely. If you stay in the Bohemian House, such as we did, you will still be given a key to the castle so that you may use the common room, large kitchen, billards table, and in the summer, an inground pool. Bicycles are available to rent.

• Opinion of Price: N/A