Auf dem Steinberg, Wurzburg, Bavaria, 97080, Germany

Expedia.com

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Quiet hotel from town

A nice hotel, but far away from town centre, and other facilities. The taxi fare is around EURO 12 one way to train station. If you haven't got your own car, you need to include this cost to your stay. There is no public transport nearby.

Unique Quality: Quiet hotel from town

• knyaz's Profile Photo

Schlosshotel Steinburg

Excellent hotel. A very nice castle turned hotel.
    It has a spectacular view of Wurzburg from the mountain. You need a car to get to the city, I don't remember if there are shuttles or buses near by. But the view is breathtaking.

Unique Quality: Excellent restaurant and bar.

More about Schloss Steinburg Hotel

Schlosshotel Steinburg--Wurzburg, Germany

by ftdavis

My husband and I are interested in staying in this castle-hotel (www.steinburg.com) when we visit Germany. Does anyone know if it is possible to get to this hotel using public transportation? We will be traveling by rail and will not have a car. Thank you in advance for your help!

by christine.j

wha don't you send them a mail and ask? They should know the best connection. They might pick you up at the nearest train station.

by ftdavis

Thanks for the advice! I actually did email them about 1-2 weeks ago (I can't remember exactly when I emailed) but I haven't heard back yet. I found an alternate email address a few minutes ago and resent my message. Hopefully now I'll get a response.

Anyone else out there with advice or info?

Thanks again!

Re: Re: Schlosshotel Steinburg--Wurzburg, Germany

by alza

hi ftdavis
Schlosshotel Steinburg is only 0,5 km from the centre of Würzburg, and 3 kms fm the train station, so you should take a cab.
Here's a link for useful details: (it's long but should work so who cares about length? haha)

write me if it doesn't work but I'm leaving on a trip soon so I may not have time to reply again.
Enjoy your trip! :-)

Alza and Martin,

Thank you both for your help! The link worked well and the website was helpful, especially the map. It sounds like you both agree that a taxi is the best option. Do either of you have a guess as to how expensive a taxi is, or are taxi’s not that expensive in Germany so we don’t need to worry about it?

At this point we are just interested in staying there but haven’t booked anything yet—still in the planning stages. It may seem silly, but we would like to spend the night in a castle when we are in Germany. Wurzburg is one of the cities we are going to be going through and I found a recommendation for Steinburg on virtual tourist. Our alternative castle hotel would be Rheinfels in St. Goar but I’ve read it is in a separate, new building within the castle grounds. Do you think Steinburg would be a good choice?

Martin, it is very kind of you to offer to call Steinburg for us. If you decide to call (only if there is no cost to you) our only question is about getting to the hotel from the train station. But I do think that you both have answered our question and a taxi should work well.

Thank you again!

by ftdavis

Thank you for the advice Martin! The castles you recommended look wonderful. I think we will probably stay at the Burghotel auf Schonburg! It looks a lot more interesting than Steinburg.

Thank you again!