Hotel zum Kuhhirten

Hotel zum Kuhhirten
Booking.com Expedia.com hotel.info

More about Bremen

SchnorrSchnorr

Bremen railway stationBremen railway station

My friend Anna with musicians :)My friend Anna with musicians :)

Bremen - St. Petri-DomBremen - St. Petri-Dom

What happened at Bremen at Saturday?

by Turska

We don´t speak German,so we didn´t understand the papers,but if someone knows,could she/he tell us,what was happening at Bremen at saturday?
We were leaving from our hotel to downtown,when a lady came to tram-stop and started to explain something-we understood only,that tram is standing,and can´t move.So we walked to center,and at some point we strated to see lots of polices.Then it was more,more and even then more.I think there was hudreds of polices!I´ve never seen so much.All the trams where stopped,and at one point at the Ostertor-named part of city,we saw allmost only polices,and they had made a circle,where was some men inside,and they had a red flag or something(it wasn´t open,we only noticed it wrapped around a log or something).Then after that,when we came closer to city,everything was normal.There was a big football-happening I think?Did it have something to do with it?We just thouht that if so,it seemed little "over-safety" to have all the polices from around 100km..As it looked like.

by Kathrin_E

Football, yes. There have been incidents before with fans from Frankfurt, last year two policemen were severely injured, so police took precautions this year and blocked potentially violent Frankfurt fans. Maybe exaggerated precautions. Big discussions in Bremen now if that was justified or not.

Checked the news on Radio Bremen - if you have someone who can translate, here is the article:

by Turska

O.k.So they have some fans who where that time there-I thought it was Bremen-Frankfurt as you said,but since I don´t"know anything"about football,I wasn´t sure.It seems now more reasonable,when you said about those fans acting that way.I thought it´s only English football-fans acting like huligans.Can´t understand violence anyway.
Thank´s again!

by footstool

Maybe there was a DAVID HASSELHOFF sighting?!

by leics

I'm afraid you have been misled if you think only UK football 'fans' are badly-behaved.

Such behaviour, sadly, can occur anywhere where football is professionally played.

by Kakapo2

It is only a fraction of the "fans" who spoil it for all the others. I had the worst experiences in the Netherlands where even the hotel of the German club team was stormed by idiots and had to be locked down. In Germany it often starts early in the morning at the railway stations where supporters of the home team expect the supporters of the arriving team... Really sad. But I have also encountered great encounters in many other European countries, especially Spain where the fans shared their wine with the guests.

by footstool

THAT's why I don't drink!

by Turska

Sad thing anyway,that people act like this..I´m sure(even though I don´t watch any kind of sports-if I don´t include Formula1 as a"sport"),that all the fans aren´t that way,and don´t like those huligans either.

Travel Tips for Bremen

Details about Bremish houses

by joernme

The houses usually row up in long rows, but still are individually different. Only often you have 2 houses next to each other with a symmetric plan. They usually don't have a basement, but a souterrain. Often the terrace to the street side is a wintergarden with beautiful decors, yet many of those have been destroyed. From the street you see sometimes only 2 levels even though the houses are very narrow but stretch over 4 levels. The garden is up to 2 m below street level. Inside the ceilings are very high, 4 m and more, usually with beautiful stuck decor. With wooden floors (parkett) the beauty is perfect. If you have too much money, please buy me one.....

Wuemme Area

by joernme

This is where I grew up - in a very green part of Bremen, with many little rivers, great nature and one real river - the Wuemme river. The area is well-known among ornithologists for the richness of seldom birds. On the weekends people get their bikes, inline skates of walking shoes and stroll over the dikes to enjoy the scenery and fresh air. And the beergardens of course. Some are well-hidden and can only be reached by boat.

I have portrayed the area from my personal view in the travelogue. Check out if you like nature pics.

Beck's Brewery

by bscott1

After a day sightseeing in Bremen, why not top it off with a tour of Beck's? It is an informative, professional tour that is not over-the-top despite the brewery's size.

Beck's is also a favorite of mine for its clean taste! Also you get a few samples after the tour is finished!

The Bremen town musicians

by Bernd_L

The donkey, the dog, the cat and the rooster are from a fairy tale of the Grimm brothers. These animals were old and their owners therefore planned to kill them, because they caused costs for food and could no longer do the jobs they were supposed to do. Knowing their fate the animals went away and when they met each other on the road they decided to go to Bremen and earn their living as singers.

Bremer Dom / Cathedral

by tini58de

The cathedral was first started in 1041. It was later completed in early Gothic style. Unfortunately, the cathedral suffered greatly during the Reformation and was first extensively restored between 1888 and 1901. Nowadays the cathedral also houses a museum

Comments