4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Moevenpick Hotel Hamburg

Rathaus in HamburgRathaus in Hamburg

By the AlsterBy the Alster

Johannes and Diana after the weddingJohannes and Diana after the wedding

To build other things have to be destroyedTo build other things have to be destroyed

Accommodation in Hamburg

by agatoregno

Greetings to everybody

I will be visiting Hamburg from Jun 19 to Jun 22 and I am looking for a nice hotel/bed and breakfast. Any suggestion? Also, this is my first time in Hamburg and any tips and guides are welcome. I will be by myself and I have always wished to see Hamburg.

Regards

by Turtleshell

What's a nice hotel in your book, how much are you willing to shell out? Since you mentioned B&B, I guess it should be affordable more than luxurious?

One hotel that fits into this category (affordable and clean) would be Hotel Königshof:

The location is very central, but somewhat shabby (though safe).

A good hotel for the business man/woman would be Mövenpick Hamburg:

As for the question on what to do in Hamburg, there are plenty of tips here on VT:

- walk down Jungfernstieg and around lake Alster (the smaller part called Binnenalster)
- there are Alster boat rides
- walk down river Elbe (start at Övelgönne Museum Harbor)
- see Speicherstadt
- visit Fishmarket on an early Sunday morning
- tour the harbor
- what would a city with a huge port be without a red light district, in this case the area around Reeperbahn and Große Freiheit?

by agatoregno

Thanks for the reply. However seems that the most reccommended hotels in Hamburg are booked for the weekend I am looking for (19-22 june). I have inquired also on toWedina, Koenogshof and galerie petersen. No luck. I am keeping looking, if you have any else in mind let me know.

by chris.hh

Hi you,
maybe I can invite you to look up my accomodation tips. Maybe there is something that fits to you interest and is not booked yet.
Also I have some tips for things to do, restaurants, nightlife, etc. Harbour of cause, Schanzenviertel, St. Pauli, Rathaus, Jungfernstieg, and maybe there are some street festivals at that time, concerts, etc.
Best Chris.
... and have fun, Hamburg is a beautiful city!

Travel Tips for Hamburg

FIFA FEVER IN HAMBURG -2006!

by ericaj.

The purpose of the following Tips Lists is to aid those who will not have gotten tickets to the actual games taking place in Germany, but still want to feel part of the fun and comraderie because they might happen to be in the city of Hamburg. I will list venues and events for sportswatching and celebrations as I receive more information from Hamburg residents and businesses.

Thomas Reeds Irish Bar is...

by Jimmy_Smith

Thomas Reeds Irish Bar is where we went for our drink which has a friendly atmosphere and most of the bar staff are Irish.
It is very different from the UK and I found everybody friendly and helpful. Just about wear what you like.

Portuguese Food

by coccinella169 about Vasco da Gama

In Hamburg you`ll find a lot of Portuguese restaurants and bakeries - due to portugese immigration. This restaurant is located in Lange Reihe in a quarter called St. Georg - close to the main train station. I went to this restaurant already on the occasion of my first visit in 2005 and found it very nice. This time I unfortunately got disappointed.

First the positive things: The restaurant is still lovely, charming and seems to be authentically portuguese.

But: I tried the crab soup - which was nothing special, but somewhat ok as well as the mixed salad. I had ordered sole with crab sauce. I found it`s taste ok, but it was not exactely a dish I would get too excited about. But then - I found a short black hair in my food! The reaction of the waiter or owner or whatever he was, was that he looked at me and on my scarf, if it could be my hair! I had to tell him explicitely, that I have long brown hair and not short black ones, and that I found this hair under my fish on the plate and not upon it. At least he deleted the fish from the bill, though did not say any excuse, just that he told the guys in the kitchen about it.

Main courses are around EUR 15.

Reeperbahn

by lil_traveller

This street is so busy with all that has to do with sex. We were told that people at night have to walk on the other side of the street and what not because of the hookers and stuff. It's pretty neat to see tho because here in Canada we dont have one street dedicated to just sex and things of that sort.

Canal cruise

by PelLihi

We took a boat tour through the canals of the "Speicherstadt" (also an awesome visit) and along the harbor. You get to see how huge the "Speicherstadt" is. A few years ago the big ships used to also use these canals and pick-up and unload their cargo their. Nowadays the ships are too big and the "Speicherstadt" is mainly used by "carpet-sellers".
It's an impressive cruise. I, for my part, saw the biggest ships in my hole life.

Comments