Steindamm 96-102, Hamburg, 20099, Germany

More about Hamburg

A Tiny Piece of Japan in the CityA Tiny Piece of Japan in the City

Hamburg's canalsHamburg's canals

Kunstahalle entranceKunstahalle entrance

Schulau - Hello & Good-bye for all shipsSchulau - Hello & Good-bye for all ships

Good Local Pubs

by stevehallam

we are an all male group travelling to Hamburg in July for a weekend. Our ages span from early 30's to late 50's
We are staying at the hotel Monopol on the Reeberbahn.
It would be great if we could find a Pub nearby that wasn't tooloud but had a decent enough atmosphere - maybe a local feel to it.
Whenever we go away we like to find a pub we can use as base or "meeting point" - So the older guys would feel as comforatbel in there on there own as the younger ones.
any suggestioin and directions would be useful.
We are not looking for anything out of this world just a pub where the beer is not too expensive and the host is friendly enough. we are respectful and will no doubt be spending quite alot of money in this pub!

cheers in advance or you help on this one!

steve

RE: Good Local Pubs

by U407726

A nice place to forget the time ist the GROENINGER

RE: Good Local Pubs

by stevehallam

Thanks for all your help, advice and reccomendations. I've just returned from a brillian weekend in Hamburg. I will writing my hamburg page in the next couple of days, so if you get chance have a read.
Cheers

Steve

Travel Tips for Hamburg

Packing List

by shellseeker

Bring warm and rain-resistant clothes with you for most times of the year. During my 5 weeks in Hamburg I had probably 7 days like this (by the way, that is the view of the top floor of the UKE). But the weather doesn't make Hamburg a less fascinating city!!!

Just one word: Kiez

by Dexters about Kiez

If you want to party at night, you will sooner or later end up at the so called 'Kiez'. It's the area around Reeperbahn.
There are innumerable clubs, bars and other party spots. i hope i will find time enough to write about some special ones in detail later.

An Excellent Irish Pub in Hamburg

by mydreamquest about The Irish Rover

About a 15 minute walk from Reperbahn on Gro├čneumarkt 8, the Irish Rover is a fun, dark rustic pub where I am here with my friends Stephanie, Andreas, Kiki, and Brian (Stephanie's husband).

For three days, we had lots of fun together just talking the ***. A bunch of Mancunians, Germans, and myself. I will always have a special place in my heart for everyone in this picture.

it was a very good time. The food is great, the beer top notch, and in the summer, you really cannot be in a better place if you like a calm but lively and fun atmosphere in a social setting making new friends and reuniting with old ones.

No reservations are needed. It's the perfect place to eat if you just want to sit some place and relax and either socialize or read on your own. Also, it's a great place to people watch as it is near a square. The steak.

Waterfront

by alza

god! I hope the tip editor won't fit this into some other topic name!

Here's a short story. I went to the waterfront with my friend Ulrike and they had these benches there, real cool, painted over with art stuff.
A German guy was sitting on a bench and he beckoned to me "Hey, come and sit by me!" He was on a bench where some naked lady was painted, so I sat in between him and the corpse.

Krameramtsstuben - a part of Hamburg in 1620

by globetrott

Krameramtsstuben, next to St.Michaeliskirche takes you back to the old city of Hamburg in 1620. All of these houses were built as living-quaters for the widows of merchants and one of these appartments with old furniture is still shown in the Museum there. Today there are several shops, galleries and a nice restaurant inside that court. You may enter that court freely and without restrictions ! Don't miss the old lift at the first house ( you may see it, when you click on my main picture). There you may see how everything was taken up to the storing-rooms under the roof of the old houses by this special crane...
Krameramtsstuben is open for the public:
Tuesday-Sunday 10.00a.m. - 05.00p.m.

Comments