3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com www.ramada.de hotel.info

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Hamburg

STEAK SCHNITZEL HOUSESTEAK SCHNITZEL HOUSE

Elevator for carsElevator for cars

which platform to Lübeck?which platform to Lübeck?

Sabine, Ulrike & me with the ship in the dark...Sabine, Ulrike & me with the ship in the dark...

Padborg to Hamburg

by gautamb

Can anyone tell me the Cheapest fare (hopefully by IC train) from Padborg to Hamburg. Also I would like to know the train time-tables. your help will be appreciable..

by cachaseiro

this is the website of the german railways:

www.bahn.de

if you browse though that site you should be able to find some good discounts aswell as a timetable.

by gautamb

Thanks for the help . But this didn't give the fare for IC trains.
ICEs are above my budget. so...

by cachaseiro

i just made a search myself and i can get the timetables regional trains, but not the prices for some odd reason.

by HansDK

No IC trains between Padborg and Hamburg. 2 daily ICE - the rest is RE trains. You have to go to Flensburg to catch one of the few IC trains that leave from there. But why IC train?

by huwe

The cheapest way will be using an RE-train. Travelling time will be nearly the same as will be on ICE trains.

From: Padborg
To: HH

Select as Means of transport "only local transport".
Between Flensburg and Hamburg you can use the Laender ticket "Schleswig-Holstein", this ticket does apply for Hamburg's local transport system as well.

Travel Tips for Hamburg

Too many to choose one really....

by stefank60

Too many to choose one really. So a brief list instead:

The Alster lakes, Rathaus (town Hall), Hafen (The Port), Fleete (Waterways), many of the churches, Planten und Blomen Park, Speicherstadt (Warehouse district) - this is amazing and the list goes on and on. I have spent 6 Days on my first visit and 5 days on my second visit and still there's lots I haven't seen. Oh and I'm making my 3rd visit on 10 Aug 2002 for 4 nights. Best memory My 1st visit - everything about it was perfect - I was mid twenties , went with a friend of simialr age, the weather was fantastic, the hotel very nice 1st visit and we were amazed. The public transport is fantastic.

Domplatz and Hammaburg

by nepalgoods

The socalled Domplatz has been a parking space for many years. The old Kathedral, which has been here since 11th century has been torn down in the beginning of the 19th century. After that a big school has been build on that spot. The Johanneum. But this has been destroyed in the bombs of WWII. Now Hamburg wants to close this big gap between the church St Petri and the Hafencity. Before a very modern building will be erected, the archaeologists take the opportunity to try and find Hammaburg. Hammaburg is said to be the ancient origin of Hamburg, a small fortified settlement of the 10th century, which is assumed to have existed right on today's Domplatz.

Until now the archaeologists have found the traces of many ancient fortifications. But non of them has been identified as remains of the Hammaburg.

The excavations are now finished and cannot be visited anymore. Hammaburg has not been found.

various at Reeperbahn

by hundertmorgen about St. Pauli and Reeperbahn

If you want to discover Hamburg's night life you can't avoid St. Pauli and the Reeperbahn. No, we're not talking about stripshows or notorious establishments, but about truly trendy party venues.

The Kiez, Hamburg's entertainment district centred on the Reeperbahn, is definitely the place to be! From typical St. Pauli bars on Hans-Albers-Platz to chic upper-class clubs, night-owls will find simply everything they're looking for.

Moin nepalgoods!

by alza about Beira Mar

It was really cool to meet my VT friend Ulrike (nepalgoods) in Hamburg. She made it easy for me by coming to my hotel which I appreciated since I wasn't sure where I was in relation to the rest of the city. :-) We walked down to the Harbour and along the Promenade there, talking and laughing, and Ulli giving me good tips about her new hometown.
The weather was beautiful and warm, and we strolled along like old acquaintances.
At the U-Bahn near Landungsbrücke, we walked north a bit, to an area of cafés and restaurants, mostly ethnic I think. We chose Beira Mar, a Portuguese-Spanish restaurant, for the nice little table outside. I think I had squid and it was very good (a big plate though, especially since I talked a lot! :-) The restaurant closed and we were still chatting away. Rules for closing time in Germany seem very strict to me LOL.
We walked back to my hotel and had a Hamburg beer that I love (the name will follow when I get my travel papers in the mail).
It made me feel good to spend time talking about all the things in our lives, with a friend who lived in this city that I was seeing for the first time. I hardly ever met anyone as welcoming and relaxed as Ulrike. By the time we said goodnight, I think we were real friends. Thanks Ulli and hope to see you in Canada (or China?) soon.

More Cruises: Alsterrundfahrt and Fleetenfahrt

by Kathrin_E

Besides the harbour cruise there are more options to do boat tours in Hamburg. Tours of the Fleete (canals), lakes and the river Alster show a completely different side of the city, very green and as romantic as can be.

Bots depart at Jungfernstieg on the Alster.

Footnote: The “Alster Cabrio” in the photo is only open if the weather allows – otherwise the boats have a roof.

Comments