Germany Hotels

Our Members Say

• gwened profile photo gwened
  • Reviews: 2885

Achat Hotel: nice business hotel in Darmstadt/Griesheim

I was here for 3 days on business trip, and stayed here. Nice pleasant hotel with friendly staff. It is close to the autobahn A5 and A67 at less than 1 km ,so easy for me. It is also 30 kms from Frankfurt airport .

The hotel has 101 economy rooms, 64 1 and 2 bdm apartment suites, restaurant and lobby bar. aS traveling on business no photo was available but the link has nice ones.

clean , food and close to autobahn

• Related to: Historical Travel, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written November 7, 2013

• Trekki profile photo Trekki
  • Reviews: 2326

Scholderhof: Peaceful heaven in Bavaria: next to Wies Church

When I was looking for accommodation in Bavaria’s Pfaffenwinkel (Oct. 2011), I came across Scholderhof via Google Earth. It is nicely located directly next to Wieskirche (Wies Church). The price looked ok and I booked. What a good decision! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, especially since the masses of church visitors leave when the church closes or even earlier and then it is heavenly quiet. And of course the bed & breakfast was very good. They call themselves Bauernhof, farm, and it has a bit of an agriturismo although the farm as such is no longer active. They have chicken and horses, cats and a dog though. But there are working farms next door, especially one dairy farm. This guarantees wonderful breakfast, especially the eggs are very delicious and I also got fresh milk. The cows of the farm next door seem to be inside only during milking time; at least I heard the faint ring of their bells also in the night, when I woke up to go powdering my nose.

My room, called Wiesblick (Wies view), was spacious, a double room with balcony to the south. I had marvellous views of the mountains (second photo), the church is to the left. Bathroom is with shower only, with sink and toilet; hairdryer is available. I had a TV with digital receiver and some 100 stations I’d guess.

They also have apartments (Ferienwohnung) with fully equipped kitchen, all with balconies, either to the south or to the west. These apartments have 2 bedrooms, one with double bed and one with a single bed. And they have two (or more) e-bikes available for the guests to rent. Then there is a huge garden with kids’ playground and the animals. I think WLAN is available, but I didn’t check because I don’t want to have internet access when I am travelling.

Staying at Scholderhof near Wies Church is a perfect base for anyone who wants to explore this part of Bavaria which is being called “Pfaffenwinkel” = priests’ angle, the part where most of the rococo churches are located. Wies and the farm are in the south-western part of this region but nevertheless the remote location off the towns and streets made it very appealing for me. Ok, this works best for anyone who has a car. For people who have to rely on public transport it might not be the best option, although there is a bus station nearby.

When I was there in October 2011, I paid 35 Euro per night, including breakfast and tax. This is a bit more than the price for a couple in the double room (25 Euro per person or 50 Euro for the room), which is ok, given that I occupied the room alone.

Location of Scholderhof on Google Maps.

© Ingrid D., April 2013 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.)

• Related to: Budget Travel, Photography, Hiking and Walking
  • Written April 12, 2013

Peaceful Scholderhof

Hotel Adlon Kempinski Berlin: Luxury 5 star hotel

Hotel Adlon Kempinski is located along the popular Unter den Linden boulevard at Pariser Platz, just a stone's throw of the famous Brandenburg Gate on the side of former East Berlin. It is a luxurious five star hotel under Kempinski chain of hotels with approximately 400 luxurious rooms and suites. The hotel has seven levels with luxurious facilities and amenities including 24 hour room service, several bars, lounge and restaurants, luxury spa, beauty saloon, health center with gym, sauna and heated indoor swimming pool, fully air-conditioned with non-smoking rooms available, wheelchair accessible, garage, high speed internet connection, satellite television, fax and minibar.

The hotel was constructed by Lorenzo Adlon in the early 20th century and opened for business in 1907. It was one of the most famous hotels in Europe during the early 20th century. Many wellknown personalities had stayed in this luxurious hotel. You may e-mail to the following address for more information about the hotel and/or for reservations:- hotel.adlon@kempinski.com

Its unique qualities are its location along Unter den Linden at Pariser Platz, near to many major tourist attractions especially Brandenburg Gate and Berlin Parliament, embassies, with many cafes, bars and restaurants along the famous boulevard.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Luxury Travel, Business Travel
  • Written September 17, 2011

Hotel Adlon Kempinski Berlin

• ant1606 profile photo ant1606
  • Reviews: 713

Magdeburg - Grüner Zitadelle Hotel

Unusual building designed by Austrian artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser and built after his death. His vision of nature-inspired shapes has shared points with that of Antoni Gaudi. Columns, curved features, unusual shapes and sharp colors.
Warning: the bathroom tiles may cause dizziness!

The multipurpose energy-efficient building complex is mainly residential. The hotel occupies a portion of it and stores, a restaurant and a cafe are on ground floor and courtyard.

• Related to: Architecture
  • Written September 13, 2011

Magdeburg - Gr��ner Zitadelle

Hotel Park Inn, Berlin: Hotel with great location

Hotel Park Inn is a four star international hotel. It has great location having situated at the busy Alexander Platz which is dotted with lots of cafes, bars, restaurants, hotels, nightlife and top tourist attractions. The hotel has more than 1,000 well-furnished non-smoking rooms spread over 37 floors. The total height of the hotel is approximately 150 meters high with amazing and breath-taking views of the city of Berlin especially from the upper floors.

Kindly visit the hotel website below for its exact location, amenities and facilities, prices, parking spaces etc. You may also e-mail to the following address for room reservations or for more information about the hotel and its restaurants:- berlin-hotel@rezidorparkinn.com

The views from the upper floors are certainly amazing and breath-taking. It is centrally located at Alexanderplatz with lots of excellent shopping and top tourist attractions.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Photography
  • Written August 22, 2011

Hotel Park Inn

Excelsior Hotel, Berlin: Excellent 4 star hotel at West Berlin

Excelsior Hotel is one of the most popular four star hotels located at West Berlin. This hotel was constructed in 1979 according to its website. It has more than 300 well-furnished rooms spread over eight levels. Amenities and facilities include 24 hour reception, parking spaces, business center, gym with sauna, bar, lounge and restaurant, colour television, safe deposit box, hair dryer, mini bar and coffee/tea making equipment in the room, currency exchange, elevator, high speed internet access including four units free usage of internet and computers behind the reception.

Buffee breakfast is excellent but the rooms are a little bit small for a four star hotel. The rooms are actually quite congested with very little space for big luggages.

Location and easy access are its unique qualities. It is located just two hundred meters from U and S-bahn station (Zoologisher Garten station). It is also so near to Kurfürstendamm shopping district, Europa Center and the largest department store in Europe (KaDeWe) and the famous Kaiser-Wilhelm Memorial Church.

• Related to: Family Travel, Photography
  • Written August 10, 2011

Excelsior Hotel

• Trekki profile photo Trekki
  • Reviews: 2326

Waldhaus Wilhelm: Peaceful haven in the Palatinate forest

This hotel is a peaceful haven on the eastern slopes of Palatinate Forest, state of Rheinland Pfalz (Rhineland Palatinate), on the way to its highest peak, Kalmit. I found it via Google Earth when I was looking up a place to stay during my three days roundtrip with VTer Lucy from Perth. I immediately liked the hotel website and the prices were reasonable. When I called to book our rooms, one of the owners, Marlies Stoesser, was very helpful and cheerful, typical Palatinate mentality. But website photos and phone calls are only one side of a medal, the reality was much better! The location of Waldhaus Wilhelm is priceless! Stairs from the road with parking for restaurant guests lead up through a beautiful garden; the whole house is surrounded by garden and forest. We were cheerfully greeted by the other owner, Günther Wilhelm, and received our keys. Our rooms were small but spacious enough for single rooms. From the small hallway with spacious cabinet and a big mirror is the door to the bathroom with shower, toilet and sink. The room itself with windows to the south and views onto the opposite forest hills had a bed, desk, table, TV and chairs. I especially liked the colour concept: pleasing pastel pink walls, dark turquoise furniture and curtains with flower motif. The bed was firm and the bedclothes soft and fragrant. I remember that I saw a sign that they use material which is proved to be anti-allergic. My two nights were very pleasant and peaceful. No noise at all and the birds woke me up in the morning. I like this since at home, Frankfurt airport’s departing planes wake me up...
Breakfast next morning was huge. Everything we could wish for was nicely displayed on a buffet: fresh bread and rolls, boiled eggs, marmalade (including homemade ones from the region), honey, cold cuts, cheese, Palatinate specialities (like blood sausage and liver sausage), several cereals, yoghurt, fruit, homemade cake and freshly squeezed fruit juices. We could choose several teas (black tea, herbal teas, rooibos teas) and coffees (espresso, latte macchiato, cappuccino and milk coffee).

The reasons why I like this hotel so much are manifold. First it is the peaceful location, the very pleasant atmosphere and the nice and so helpful owners. And there is the restaurant which definitely exceeded my expectations! I already plan my next stay there. The owners offer many special arrangements throughout the whole year. Only a portion of these are displayed on the website. The arrangements are season related or theme related and cover accommodation and dinner. And they are excellent value! (I don’t like to use the word bargain here, because the word has a negative touch to me). In early January for example, they offer what they call “peaceful winter days”, 5 nights and 5 dinners for 240 Euro per person, which makes is 48 Euro per person per day for bed and dinner!
Dogs are allowed, they even have an own dog, Paul, of the size of a Bernese mountain dog.
Make sure you reserve rooms! When I called short notice the owner was hesitating first and told me that they are fully booked but luckily asked what I would need. When I said two single rooms she said yes, that would not be a problem! So it seems that the double rooms are more likely to be fully booked.
Oh and I must mention that despite the hotel being located at the road up to Kalmit (hilltop), the traffic seems not to be heavy. I would have expected motorbikes on the weekend mornings but didn’t hear any. I think this is because this road is not the main road up to the hilltop.

Directions:
In Maikammer, take the road L515 direction Kalmit. The hotel is located a few metres after the forest begins.

Location of Waldhaus Wilhelm on Google Maps.

© Ingrid D., July 2011 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.)

• Related to: Family Travel, Food and Dining, Wine Tasting
  • Written July 30, 2011

Waldhaus Wilhelm, entrance and garden

• posejc profile photo posejc
  • Reviews: 3

SS Kaserne in Nurnberg: Nurnberg and Furth

My assignment to Germany was originally to be Frankfurt - but since I was enrolled in the EPFMS (Exceptional Family Members Services) in the US Army - my two handicapped children needed special needs and facilities (primarily schooling) and the only available program was in Nurnberg - in Bavaria - so thats where I ended up - at the SS Kaserne or Merrell Barracks - what the German's called - Gangster Hotel - not far from the truth - this is where Hitler had his own SS Troops Elite corp trained and owned their killer instincts - Nurnberg has a series of underground ways - most of which are flooded and I was honored (or told) to find a way to the Nurnberg Airport - and found the largest rats I have ever seen anywhere!.. One guy told me that it was bigger than a large rabbitt - and I swear they where!..huge beast - and once we found ourselves cornered by a couple of these beasts - I vow never to go back down there - and I never did!.. I surely didn't want to find out how mean these suckers where!.. most of the ways where flooded - and I wasn't about to go there swimming or using a raft as my commander suggested - More later.

Merrell Barracks duty was pretty much the same as everywhere in the military - get up at odarkthrity (04:30am) or so - drive or take the U-Bahn (Train) to downtown Nurnberg - do PT (Physical Training) for over an hour or so - mostly calestenics - and then run 2-4 miles each day - and then on Friday we had the Battalion 8 mile run with the Colonel in the Front - He loved to run that man - and run he could - he did it every single day - even on weekend - I understand being dedicated - but this to me was a little bit much!.. then go home or go to the barracks if you lived there - take a shower and go to breakfast - by 9am we had done more during the day than most civilians would do in a day - 9am was formation time - and passing out the duty roster for the day - and or go to work - training - or whatever military specialty you had - mine was Air Defense NCO (Noncomissioned Officer) in charge of a Redeye/Stinger Platoon - the Redeye and Stingers (the newest rockets) are Air-to-Air Missiles that the US Air Force dread having on a battlefield - because they rarely miss!.. These are Heat Seekers and if the Transponders on the Aircraft are not set properly - they will be shot!. So I had to train my men to recognize within 3 seconds an aircraft as to whether it was friendly or enemy. Aircraft Recognition was a large part of training - and cleaning of weapons. More later!.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written April 10, 2011

• mbittner123 profile photo mbittner123
  • Reviews: 11

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

ETAP HOTEL Berlin Alexanderplatz: inexpensive hotel for very short stay in Berlin

this was really inexpensive for 2 nights (~50 EUR per night/double room). Room has "bathroom" ensuite - but, hell - you cannot hang your towel in the shower cabin!
and the cabin has transparent door so if you plan going with your spouse or a very good friend - that will be OK.
since there's no closet or any kind of wardrobe - be prepared to keep your clothes in the suitcase.

receptionists didn't speak english well, but it doesn't matter. For some reason, they took our towels away (we booked 2 nights). of course, they DIDN'T explain how did it happen or who did this - it was really weird.

easy access by car or public transport. tram station is across the street and goes directly to S-bahn station that leads you to SXF airport. hotel is 10 minutes on foot from Alexanderplatz.

smoking is permitted in some rooms (ask for it, if fancy smoking in your room).

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written December 7, 2010

• EmiLaz profile photo EmiLaz
  • Reviews: 6

Best Western City Ost - Berlin: Good choice

Good value for money. Clean rooms, nice service, kind people. The best thing about this hotel is the metro station just outside the hotel and the bakery just next to the hotel (cheap & tasty breakfast)!

• Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel, Work Abroad
  • Written November 18, 2010

• pieter_jan_v profile photo pieter_jan_v
  • Reviews: 4875
USEFUL LINKS: USEFUL LINKS

While travelling on the German International train I came across these useful links:

German Hotel stars

• Written March 14, 2010

• AshleyCollins profile photo AshleyCollins
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Simonis: Experience the Best of Germany!!!!

This historic, 3-star hotel lies in the picturesque village of Kobern-Gondorf, along the River Moselle. It is situated one kilometre from the station and a 13-minute train journey from Koblenz.

The cosy rooms and apartments in the 400-year-old main building of Hotel Simonis are individually decorated and include a minibar and a flat-screen TV.

The timber-framed building next door dates from 1321 and houses some of the spacious suites and quadruple family rooms offered by the hotel.

Guests are welcome to keep in touch via free Wi-Fi internet access, available in the public areas of the Simonis.

Look forward to a delicious breakfast buffet each morning, before setting out to explore your surroundings.

The hotel offers a bike-rental service, so you can discover the beautiful Moselle countryside at your own pace.

The restaurant serves traditional German cuisine and fine local wines, which you can enjoy by the cosy fireplace in winter.

The hotel serves snacks and refreshments on the Abteihof terrace when the weather is nice.

I had such a great experience here. The owners were so very nice and friendly. It is a very romantic place, great for a honeymoon or anniversary getaway but they can also accommodate families and large clubs very well with large rooms that can sleep up to 6 people.

I would HIGHLY recommend Hotel Simonis to anyone who wants to experience Germany at it's finest!
Very quaint village.... VERY BEAUTIFUL!

Surrounded by beautiful vineyards and can enjoy a glass of local wine. This valley is famous for their Riesling.
Great Views
On Mosel River
Beautiful Terrace
Historic building (tourist attraction)
Oldest Framework house in all of Germany, 1321.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Castles and Palaces, Wine Tasting
  • Written March 1, 2010
Tip Photo

• carmen.vraciu profile photo carmen.vraciu
  • Reviews: 6

Schwarzwaldhof Nicklas: Romantic landscape, perfect accomodation

We have choose this accomodation because it seemed to be very close to the Rin Fall (fantastic fall situated on the border between Germany and Switerland). It is indeed close and very romantic. On a huge grass field there is a wooden cottage with red flowers at the windows. The location is fantastic, woods and green fields, the owners very nice, the food is done by the lady owner (she can cook even fresh fish from their own pond) and is very good and fresh. We have spent here a nice afternoon, a very quite night and left the place with the certitude that one day we will come back.

• Related to: Cycling, Hiking and Walking, National/State Park
  • Written September 21, 2009

• MichaelFalk1969 profile photo MichaelFalk1969
  • Reviews: 2015

Romantikhotel Dorotheenhof: close to Weimar

This hotel on the fringe of Weimar is just 5 minutes driving distance to the inner city and has a beautiful, quiet location with a small park. Cozy rooms, perfect service, excellent breakfast menu, fair prices.

• Written August 26, 2009

• MichaelFalk1969 profile photo MichaelFalk1969
  • Reviews: 2015

Elztal - Hotel: Wellness in the Black Forest

The Elztal - Hotel near the village of Winden in the Black Forest is a great place to unwind - cozy rooms, great swimmingpool (indoor/outdoor), excellent food, superb fitness center, panoramic views of the surrounding Black Forest, and outstanding service. It is close to many attractions of the Black Forest area, and many hiking paths start directly at the hotel.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average