B&B Sunshine Appartements

Augusta-Platz, Adlerstrasse 5, Baden-Baden, Baden-Wurttemberg, 76530, Germany
HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Baden-Baden

worth the walk up the hill.worth the walk up the hill.

Passage to the BaldreitPassage to the Baldreit

Late 19th century ornaments in the hallLate 19th century ornaments in the hall

The Concert Shell in front of the KurhausThe Concert Shell in front of the Kurhaus

New Year's Eve?

by eesee

My girlfriend and I will be staying in Baden Baden for a few days over New Year to chill out after Christmas.

Can anyone recommend a bar or a club for the evening? Somewhere lively, with a good mix of music, where we won't be made to feel uncomfortable as foreign tourists. We're in our thirties, so we're not ready for early nights just yet, but we don't want a place filled with 15 year olds.

We're staying somewhere in the town centre so we'd prefer to avoid trying to get a taxi anywhere.

Thanks and I'll try to post a review on my VT page when we get back.

Re: New Year's Eve?

by gargamel111

hi there,
live music is rare in BB, also music bars. Let me give You my two pennys on this:

Right in the center there is one called Leo's. But a friend of mine said the good times there have passed. It is worth to take a look in.

Very nice is the the bar right in the "Trinkhalle" (also this is worth to take a look at for the paintings).

In the cellar of the casino there is a discothek, not so sure whether it is still there, a little bit expensive

Nice places to eat are: La Provence (mediterrain), Medici (italian) and Hildegards.

A special tip: go up the little mountain "Merkur" (there is a cable car running). Nice view and a nice little bar/restaurant called "Waldschenke".
If You wanna go arround, perhpas You find the "Wolpertinger", direction Wolfschlucht, Haueneberstein (about 5 km)

have fun
Gar

Re: Re: New Year's Eve?

by Nelie

About 5 years ago the disco in the cellar of the casino closed. I am thinking that now there are only slot machines.

If you stay in the city centre you can reach all the bars by foot. In the city center is one discoteque which names Max's. Usually there are not only 15 year olds.

Gar you are right Baden-Baden is not really a hot spot for bars and clubs with live music. There are many bars but I do not know one which offers regulary live music.

The atmosphere of "La Provence" is good but I do not like their cuisine. I have been there many times and the quality was always alternating. The last time I have been there it was so bad that I decided to never go there again. If you like Italien food the best choice is to go to Frizzantino.

Have a look on my Baden-Baden page.

Travel Tips for Baden-Baden

Catholic Church of St. Joseph (1959-1961)

by Kathrin_E

From the outside the strange round, seemingly windowless church resembles a gigantic hat box made from corrugated cardboard. I went in out of mere curiosity and discovered - a remarkable, atmospheric, colourful church room. The walls are all windows, colours, light and shadow. The use of light is especially congenial in the baptismal chapel in the entrance hall.
If you like 1950s architecture, don't miss this church.

St Joseph was built in 1959-1961, designed by the architects Hugo Becker and Albert Peter.

Location: Lichtentaler Straße, close to the exit of the car tunnel.

Goldenes Kreuz

by Nelie

This is a complex of buildings which has been extensively renovated by Dr. Manfred Schneider.

On the picture you see the patio. Unfortunately I have no idea how it feels like siting on one of the balconies but I really like to know ;-)

Spitalkirche - Former Hospital Chapel

by Kathrin_E

The Spitalkirche was part of the medieval hospital, which was established next to the hot springs. The little church is now used by the Old Catholic community. Note the 16th century tombstones along the walls and the Mount of Olives behind the choir.

Where the Elegant World Spend Their Time and Money

by Russell_the_Wombat

The colonnades in front of the Kurhaus and Casino are the fanciest shopping mall in fancy Baden-Baden. If you have too much money to spend you can buy a wide variety of useless crap no wombat needs.

And if you still have too much money and no more idea what to buy you can lose the money at the casino.

These things are pretty to look at. However, I can look at them in the window for free. If I bought them all I could do is look at them, too. So why should I buy them?

This shop looked more interesting and appealing.

The young lady in the carriage was a real lady who kept her countenance and had a friendly chat with me.
I politely apologized for frightening her horses.

Brenner's Parkhotel looked great. People were sitting on the terrace enjoying coffee and goodies, a pianist was playing. Can we go?

Mommy told me to check out hteir menu first, and to check out the prices. She said I should have selected a different Mommy if I wanted to dine at places like that.

Hmmmm...

So this is not our world. Sniff... But if the price is leaving Mommy and living with someone else - no, never!!!!

Comments