Bodensee Hotels

Our Members Say

• christine.j profile photo christine.j
  • Reviews: 905

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Vis-à-Vis Hotel Lindau: Parking!

Since I was going to run the three-country-marathon, we needed a hotel in Lindau. I wanted to walk to the start and Lindau island doesn't have too many hotels, so we needed to book early. We chose the Hotel Vis-à-Vis, named so because it's just opposite the train station. I had read in Tripadvisor that this means the hotel is very noisy, but I didn't think so, despite the fact that our room faced the station. The beep-beep of my mobile in the middle of the night, when the Austrian service announced itself, was much more annoying. Why do these cell phone services need to tell us at 2 am that I've crossed borders?? Especially since I hadn't even crossed borders, I was just sleeping very close to one.

But back to the hotel. Our double had everything we needed, I especially liked the fact we had a bathtub, great for relaxing after the marathon. Breakfast was buffet style, on the morning of the run nobody ate very much of course - most guests were runners this morning. The next morning I enjoyed my breakfast very much.

The best about the hotel is the parking it provides, for 7,50 Euro a day we had a spot on the hotel parking lot just behind the hotel. This was much needed, as the island is crowded and parking is a luxury. There is a parking lot shortly after the bridge, but it was completely full whenever we passed it.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written October 28, 2009
Tip Photo

• christine.j profile photo christine.j
  • Reviews: 905

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Teddybaerenhotel Kressbronn: A teddy lover's paradise

You're surrounded by more than 800 teddy bears in this hotel. They come in all sizes, from
tiny ones to the life sized bear greeting you at the reception. The rooms are named after
teddy bear companies and inside each room there are more bears. You also get a good-night story, the main character is, you guessed it, a teddy bear. In the doubles there is a card board
game, involving teddy bears, what else.
In the breakfast room the bears have their own small table, where they sit and have their own breakfast.

All bears are for sale, which can turn the bear lover's paradise into a nightmare: Which one to take home??
My mother had a very hard time deciding.

A few words about this hotel apart from bears: It's very much a family run place, we met the whole family, including the children. The eldest one was playing in the restaurant and the baby crawling around.
Everybody wished my mother good luck for her birthday.

Our rooms were very nice, all en suite. I had explained that my mother has problems walking,
and a room on the ground floor was reserved for her. The only problem I had was that there was no curtain for one the the windows in my room, which meant that it was light very early.I hadn't planned to sleep in, but being wide awake at 6 at the latest was not exactly what I had had in mind for a holiday weekend.

The owner speaks English and you're allowed to bring your own bear. My koala had the time of his life there, socializing with all the bears.

Teddy bears in all sizes, all situations, from sleeping and snoring, to lying in a hammock above your head, from sitting at the table to using their own teddy bear bathroom (complete with a teddy bear newspaper, for the literate bears).

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written June 18, 2007
Tip Photo

• 78Eva profile photo 78Eva
  • Reviews: 121

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Haus Hohenstein: A little guesthouse

This guesthouse is run by an old friend of my father's. It is situated in Oberlangnau/Tettnang at Lake Constance. It is about 5 km away from Lindau and lies above the lake.
The guesthouse is small and friendly with only a few rooms. It costs 25 Euros per person with breakfast included. If you wish, the owner cooks dinner, too, for only 10 Euros per person.
It is a good location to explore the Lake Constance area.

Small family-run business. Good home-cooked food.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average