Hotel List

Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Böblingen

German rail logoGerman rail logo

Travel Tips for Böblingen

Stomping grounds revisited.

by Keelo

I recently went to Boeblingen to visit my daughter , who lives in Ehningen. I was stationed there from Sept 1975 - Sept 1978 and again from Feb 1980- Feb 1983. I then got out of the Army and tried to make a go of it as a civilian. Back then the unemployment rate was very high and Americans were at the bottom of any list for a job. So I came back to California. So finaly I got a chance to go back. Allot has changed over the years. Even so , it was still the little city that I've grown to love very much. I realy enjoyed seeing all the old places and eating all the things that I havn't been able to find here. I was there when the town of Boeblingen celebrated thier 750th birthday ,which is pretty amazing when you consider America is only 227 years old. Was there for a couple of bierfest . Revisited the Black Forrest, Tubingen, Babenhausen and Bavaria. It was the best vacation to date. I look forward to future trips back. If your ever in the Stuttgart area , give Boeblingen and the surrounding area a look see.We also met VT member Silke while we were there. Had a great time at the Orfeum. I am currently having scanner problems and I will post pictures as soon as possible.

Comments