Bahnhofstrasse 1, Calw, Baden-Württemberg, 75365, Germany
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Calw

I was allowed to put on old gentleman's clothesI was allowed to put on old gentleman's clothes

Our group at the rural life museum, CalwOur group at the rural life museum, Calw

Local housesLocal houses

A short stay in Freudenstadt ("Joy Town")A short stay in Freudenstadt ("Joy Town")

Travel Tips for Calw

Der Lange

by hunterV

The Tall One - this is how the name of this tower would sound in English.
My window in the teachers’ dormitory faced this tower and I could hear chimes of the church every day. They began at about 5 a.m. , like in medieval times. I could get used to them quickly though.
This old tower's address is Im Zwinger 20.
It was described in 1518 as a watchtower, thieves' tower, Malefiztower (derived from the Latin 'maleficere' = to do something bad), or ”criminals' tower”.
The bottom part, a stone construction, housed three prisons, situated over each other. The top floor, a half-timbered construction, was the home of one of the two guards.
The “thieves”, or criminals, were punished for their wrong doing and had to endure the loud chimes of the neighboring church every day.Stadtinformation (Calw Tourist Office)
Marktbrücke 1
75365 Calw
E-mail: stadtinfo@calw.de

Black Forest

by blackinjpn

I born and grew up in Indonesia, where sunshine always shine 6 hours a day, 365 days a yera, where the temperature never goes down under 20C; I never touching snow and feel it, yes I've seen many times on movie or picture but never had experience before, that's the reason I choose to go travelling in Europe on February... the coldest time in winter!

...

My best friend stay in Calw, where she help to accomodate my needs during this trip.

Night before my flight, I called her and asking about snow but she said the snow already gone... well its not too good for me because one of my purpose is to see snow... but what a heck the plane already confirm!

...

Takes more than 20 hours flight until we landed in Frankfurt main... my first gateway to Europe!

....

She pick up me at the airport and with her car we drove another 2.5 hours until her home.

Just near to the black forest (Schwarzwald) a small town called Calw.

Home of Hermann Hesse

by sniem

Calw is a picturesque city in the northern black forest. It lies in the valley of the Nagold river less than an hours drive from Stuttgart.

Calw has a beautiful historic center with a large market square with half timbered houses.
Calw's most famous son is the German writer Hermann Hesse. The house where he was born and lived with his family is a museum today.

Mariangela (VT member SAPERE) and me in the historic center.

Beautiful half timbered house down by the Nagold river.

Comments