2 Haspelgasse, Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, 69117, Germany

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

The old Bait and Switch?

I didn't stay in this hotel and I am not planning to. I'm writing this to comment on my experience when I attempted to book a room online.

I was really excited to find this on the hotel website:
    _______________________________
    Special-Offer

If you book directly in the Hotel, no Travel-Agency, you can pay your bill in US-Dollars.
    Exchange rate 1 to 1
    Ask for our summer-specials
    In the winter ask for: “ 3 days staying - 2 days paying “

Here:
    ONLINE-BOOKING
    _________________________________

What a nice deal, given the state of the USD against the Euro right now. So I inquired about staying 3 nights and paying for 2, and also about the payment offer.

The reply told me I could book a room for 3 nights and would get a 4th free. If I wanted the payment offer I would have to pay cash for all 4 nights.

Hmmmmmm, suddenly the hotel was no longer in my price range! Also, they offered me a double room at the top of the 85 euro to 100 euro range.

Unique Quality: The hotel looks like a great location and a lovely place. I just didn't like the bait and switch tactic.

• twoseids's Profile Photo

Great hotel, even better location!

Stayed here two nights. I think that the location of the hotel was just as nice as the hotel itself. Room was clean, service was more than friendly. Staff was able to suggest restaurants, places to see, etc. They even watched after our bags after we checked out while we went out and about for the day before heading back to Frankfurt.

The hotel is located RIGHT next to the famous bridge which you can see on just about every postcard of the Heidelberg Castle. Just blocks away from town.

Unique Quality: Being able to look out on the Neckar River and that classic bridge was really something else! I really really hope to go back and stay there again.

Directions: I think it's located in the "Altstadt" (Old Town) section of town. We took a bus there from the train station.

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

THE BEST PLACE?? I SUPPOSE SO!

This peaceful place is situated directly at the river NECKAR, that meanders through the city!

From the rooms you have a wonderful view of the ALTE BR?CKE and the PHILOSOPHENWEG (see my travelogue! ), the SCHLOSS and the KONGRESSHAUS.

Everything is "nearby" and you just can reach it all on foot. Take care you wear good, easy walking-shoes....

Unique Quality: The hotel has its own parking space and has 22 rooms with all you can wish for......

Included in the price is a rich buffet breakfast.

The owner is Herr Thomas Weil and well, he is the proud owner and who wouldn't be proud in such a place??

Directions: go to the ALTSTADT and you are there!

Comments