Grosse Mantelgasse 24, Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, 69117, Germany

Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Weisser Bock

O.K., I found a German...

by Krystynn

O.K., I found a German restaurant that I fancy here in quaint Heidelberg. And it's called 'Weisser Bock' located at Große Mantelgasse 24, just off Unterestr. in Altstadt (the Old Town)... This quaint restaurant has been furnished with lots of dark wood....hoping to add a German feel to it, I guess.

Er... maybe I should also warn you guys a little about the prices here: Please don't balk when you have to pay 25 DM and upwards for the main course. But the food here is indeed very good!

Our cruiser, the "Heidelberg" on the NeckarOur cruiser, the "Heidelberg" on the Neckar

Ruins on a winter dayRuins on a winter day

Jesuit Catholic Church.....Jesuit Catholic Church.....

There's that Cheeky MonkeyThere's that Cheeky Monkey

Heidelberg accommodation

by jackycanada

I will be in Heidelberg for only one night this summer and wonder if someone can recommend a good, comfortable and clean, but reasonably priced hotel in the old part of the town. Has anyone stayed at the Vier Jahreszeiten hotel or the Weisser Bock Hotel?
Thanks.

Re: Heidelberg accommodation

by World-travel

The Hotel Weisser Bock is excellent, but quiet expensive, I would suggest the hotel next to the micro brewery, excellent place, right in the middle of the old part of Heidelberg, if you are lucky you can see the castle from your room. The hotel is called Kulturbrauerei
And the best is that they have the micro brewery next door, excellent beer and great food.
Sven

Heidelberg hotels

by jackycanada

Has anyone stayed at the Vier Jahreszeiten Hotel or the Weisser Bock Hotel in Heidelberg, and if so, would you recommend them? Does anyone have any other recommendations regarding accommodation in the old town? Thanks.

Re: Heidelberg hotels

by AcornMan

I stayed at Hotel Opera when I visited Heidelberg in 200 and it was very nice, with a great breakfast included. Check out my Heidelberg travel page for more info...

...and feel free to email me with any questions. Enjoy your trip!

Travel Tips for Heidelberg

Heiliggeistkirche.

by Maurizioago

This church is locates in Marktplatz. It was built between 1344 and 1441 on the site of a previous Roman basilica. Around 1700 it was rebuilt after it had been set on fire by the French during the War of the Palatinian Succession. Catholics and Protestants used it at different times and sometimes even simultaneously. Today it is a Protestant church.

The odd thing about this church is that there are many souvenir shops and a restaurant joined to it.

Honigwein (honey wine)

by marielexoteria

In one of the Christmas markets there was a stall selling honey wine. This wine was advertised as "made with honey from Heidelberg", which is why it's on this page. The wine is served hot and it tastes quite nice - I thought it was gonna be too sweet (since honey is) but it wasn't. I felt "nothing" after the first sip but then I felt the aftertaste of honey and got hooked!

This honey wine is similar to mead, a drink that vikings (among others) used to drink.

The wine itself was from Bad Neustadt.

Pack Light!

by cjg1

You always hear this advice. But at no point in my life have I followed it to quite this extent. We were able to pack our entire weekend's worth of gear into my one backpack. As such we were able to go to Heidelberg on the way to Karlsruhe from the airport. What greater benefit of packing lightly than to get out and see more than just the one place. When coming to Heidelberg you should have very comfortable shoes. There is excellent public transportation but I find it one of my favorite cities to walk in. The usual. Never leave home without the camera. You're a virtualtourist member after all....

There are three dates of...

by TravelerM

There are three dates of fireworks in the summer. Check the dates before you go. They usually do it on weekends. I was lucky enough to catch the first one in June. The fireworks lit and brought up the beauty of the town into the top!!! Especially when the Heidelberg Castle was all lit up in bright red as if it was in the wartime again! Truly Amazing!!!

Comments