Sophienstrasse 69-71, 76133 Karlsruhe, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany

Satisfaction Average

Rated 16% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Good for a short stay

I picked the Acora hotel, because I needed a safe parking place for our car and also I wanted to be not too far away from the VT Euromeet 2008 locations. The last part was hard, because both dinners were rather far from each other.

The basement parking in the back was great; the room were rather small, but equipped with a small kitchenette. The bedroom was 1 floor up with a dangerous small stair made of half steps.

Breakfast was at streetlevel in the small breakfast room. It offered all you needed to eat and drink early in the morning.

There's a small elevator.

I even got a iron and an iron board at the reception on a 10 Euro loan.

Directions: By car: From the 10 (Kriegsstrasse) take the L605 North (Reinhold-Frank strasse). Sophienstrasse is the first street to the left at the traffic lights.

By tram: Tramstop Muhlburger Tor. Go South through the Hans Sachs strasse to the Hotel.

• DAO's Profile Photo

GREAT PRICE, LOCATION AND FACILITIES

For the price, this is a GREAT hotel. Its is located in the north part of the city in a very quiet neighbourhood. The staff were friendly, my room had more facilities than I imagined, I had my own balcony and the bed was perfect. I got a good night’s sleep, glorious hot showers and my own kitchen to make coffee in. The hotel is modern, spotlessly clean and well decorated. An excellent choice and a good price.

It is about 6-8 city blocks to the centre of town, but it is a very easy flat stroll.

Unique Quality:
    In the rooms are a small and efficient kitchen with a fridge, stove top, utensils, plates, electric kettle and complimentary coffee & tea. They even give you liquid soap to wash the dishes! You know this is a great hotel now. They also offer:
    • Satellite TV
    • Alarm clock
    • Wireless and wired internet
    • Private balcony
    • Lots of closets and shelves
    • Lockable cabinets
    • Room service
    • Restaurant
    • 24 hr reception/wake-up calls

• Great value for money

We stayed in Hotel Acora for two nights for Euromeet 2008. We chose it basically because it was cheap and we knew that we wouldn't be sleeping much anyway. As we planned attending the meeting rather early we got an early bird special price and paid only 43,20 EUR for the double room (excluding breakfast).

Hence we didn't really expect a lot. However, we were surprised how convenient this hotel actually was.

Unique Quality: First of all the location was great. Only one stop by tram away from Europaplatz (or then a short walk). From the tram station we had to walk for 5 minutes to get to the hotel. Near the hotel there is a supermarket and a bakery. Very convenient as the hotel room is equipped with a small kitchen and a fridge. We found a parking space for free right in front of the hotel, too. Perfect!

The room was rather large, actually it was a two-storey room. The bed was upstairs, downstairs was a balcony, the bath, a small living room. Each storey had a telly, everything was tidy and clean and better than we actually thought.

The only disadvantage of staying in a two-storey room for me was the very steep and scary staircase combining the bedroom floor with the bathroom floor. I hated having to use it in the middle of the night (and actually during the day too ;).

If you are a non-smoker you should ask for a non-smoking room. We had no preference when booking and nobody asked us whether want to stay in a smoking or non-smoking room. The smell made us realise quickly which kind of room we got. Luckily there were enough windows so we forgot about the smell 5 minutes after we entered the room.

Directions: Tram, S-Bahn: Mühldorfer Tor. Walk down Hans-Sachs-Straße and you come straight to the hotel.

• dila's Profile Photo

Acora

had room 409 on parking site nice thing is it has a balcony less thing if i am right all 400 rooms has a very strange stair to go from "living"room to bedroom. so when you are very sleepy and you go out of your bedroom use first your left foot because if you use your right you will smak because that the second step never seen this before and i forgot to make pictures.
    so this hotel is not for people with wheelchairs as you need to walk about 5 steps to the elevator and the 400 rooms are also not good for people who walk bad or have back problems. als the 400 rooms has roofwindow and they make a lot of noise when it hails like the first night.
    but i did like my room accept the stair then

booked acora hotel und wohnen on
    www.weekendjeweg.nl
    2 nights 90 euro had to phone for 4 nights
    total cost 180 euro + 16 bookingcosts and 2,50 something else
    total 198.50 for 4 nights so i am happy including breakfast for 2 persons
    now i need to book my train 138 euro for detour

it is in dutch

Unique Quality: I found it close enough to the centre and it has a small kitchen

• Ujamaflip's Profile Photo

Comfortable Hotel outside the City Centre

The Acora Hotel is located a short way outside Karlsruhe city centre, around a 10minute walk from Marktplatz, just within the Weststadt. The Weststadt itself is a beautiful area, full of nice old buildings, cafes and bars, the area of the Acora hotel is not quite so nice, a little dark and seedy looking, but always safe.

Arriving at the hotel was easy, there is a small section of road outside which is reserved for guests checking in, and the receptionist was efficient and friendly, and spoke good English. I used this hotel for my friends to stay, as it was close to my house, and not too far from the city. I had the benefit of seeing both a single and double room, the former was small, with quite a small bed, but comfortable and very clean. The latter was much larger, with a kitchen, bathroom, sitting room with desk, and up some strange stairs a reasonable size double bed.

Breakfast is served in their cafe, just outside the hotel entrance, and has a good selection of German and international breakfast foods served as a buffet.

Prices are reasonable, but you can get a discount if you book for a weekend using their online service. Their website is very difficult to find through google, but is included below.

Unique Quality: The hotel itself is also used for longer term accomodation, which explains the peculiarities such as your personal mail box, electrical and gas meters and small stove and kitchen!

Directions: In the Weststadt, somewhere between Muhlberger Tor and ZKM, on the Reinhold-Frank-Strasse side of SophienStrasse.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

The Acora Hotel.

No clue on the price. Our employer picked up the tab for the whole time we were there.

Unique Quality: I had the chance to stay in both a double and a single room. Very surprised at how small a single was, except when I think about it we didnt hang out in the rooms at all anyway. So it didn't matter much really.
    Had onsite landary which was great.

Comments