Burgerstrasse 4, 76133 Karlsruhe, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany

Alfa Hotel Karlsruhe
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Friendly 3* hotel in a central location

I booked this 36 roomed hotel through Venere.com due to its location and price.
    I paid 147 Euros for 3 nights (49 Euros per night) -Single room, en-suite excluding breakfast. When booking through Venere, you don't pay anything until arrival/departure. I was very pleased that I'd chosen the Alfa Hotel

Arriving by taxi, after midnight, I was tired and cold, but the gentleman on reception was friendly, and soon had me checked in. Breakfast was extra at 10 Euros - just book this the night before.
    Breakfast served on the 1st floor, Monday - Friday 06.30 -10.00 and Saturday/Sunday 07.30 - 11.00

My room on the 3rd floor (elevator available) was warm and comfortable, with a view onto the street below.
    Single bed, wardrobe space, Writing desk/Dressing table and chair, small table and chair, TV, fan heater, warm duvet and comfortable pillows. - complimentary chocolate!
    Bathroom - Shower cubicle, WC, basin, hairdryer, towels, loo rolls, tissues.
    Complimentary shower gel/shampoo and soap.

Free Wi-Fi.
    Pre- Reserved Garage Parking space (10 Euros per day)

Check in .....From 14:00 hours
    Check Out....07:00 - 11:00 hours

I didn't book breakfast for the first morning, as I was meeting other VTers at the train station, so grabbed a bite to eat there instead. However, on the Sunday, I decided to give it a try (in the interests of research!)

The breakfast room was light - windows onto Burgerstrasse, with plenty of seating space.
    Hot and cold buffet- cereals, juice, fruit, yogurts, breads, pastries, jams , cheeses, cold meats etc
    Sausages, bacon, tomatoes, eggs, toast, tea and coffee.
    TV with news channel playing quietly.

I was quite surprised when the young woman serving breakfasts spoke to me in German, when I apologised for being English and not speaking German, she laughed and replied in a broad Scottish accent!
    I enjoyed my breakfast, and the friendly atmosphere, so booked breakfast for the rest of my stay.
    There are plenty of cafes near to the hotel, where you can get (cheaper) breakfast though.

The only 'complaint' that I had about this place was that on Saturday night, I was treated to the sound and vibration in my room of the bass noise from the night club in the basement of the adjacent building. Aaaaaargh! If it had been loud music, it wouldn't have been as bad-just the torture of the monotonous beat, that went on into the early hours.

The next morning, the receptionist and another member of staff enquired if I'd slept OK, I wasn't going to mention my disturbed night, as it wasn't the hotel that was causing the disturbance, but I did admit that I'd been kept awake. They were very apologetic, and admitted that this is a problem at weekends. Apparently the architect 'forgot' to install adequate sound-proofing, when the building was converted into this club. They've put numerous complaints in to the club and police, but to no avail.

If this had been rock music (or any type of music), I think I would have got dressed, and gone to the club ........'If you can't beat em, join them' but instead it was just an incessant sound. (or it probably was music to someones ears!)

Next time, I'll bring heavy duty ear-plugs! Yes, despite this, I'd certainly stay here again, and would recommend it

Unique Quality: The staff here are all excellent - friendly, smart, polite, helpful and interested in the comfort of their guests.

Comfortable hotel, with Contemporary furnishings and fittings.

Ideal location-handy for shops/restaurants/bars and the trams to the train station, Durlach etc.

5 minutes walk from the Christmas Markets.

Directions: Central Karlsruhe, just off Ludwigsplatz.
    On the corner of Blumenstrasse/Ecke Burgerstrasse

Tram stop - Europaplatz-Kaiserstrasse

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

very nice hotel right where it all happens.

i stayed 5 nights at the alfa hotel and was very happy there.
    it's a hotel where the focus is on the rooms which are very good.
    the reception area and the common areas are smaller than most other hotels, but the rooms are bigger than average and very nicely decorated and equipped.

Unique Quality: very good location right in the middle of karlsruhe in a good nightlife area and very friendly reception staff.

Directions: right next to friedrichsplatz.

• OH_DK's Profile Photo

Very near to our local bars

Nice 3 star hotel with good service. It was the nearest hotel to our local bars where we had VT meets - so very easy to get home to bed ;-)
    I parked my car in the garage, and payed 10 euro per night.

• Bernd_L's Profile Photo

Alfa Hotel

This modern hotel is very centrally located - in a pedestrian area and only a few steps from Ludwigsplatz, where you find restaurants, bistrots and bars.

Directions: Take trams # 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, S1, S2, S5 or S11 to station 'Europaplatz'. Walk 100 m south on Karlstrasse. Then turn left onto Ludwigsplatz and turn right into Blumenstrasse. The hotel is after 50 m on your left.

Comments