Rhein Neckar Hotel

Riedfeldstrasse 107, Mannheim, Baden-Wurttemberg, 68169, Germany
Rhein Neckar Hotel
hotel.info Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Mannheim

Mannheim's famous water towerMannheim's famous water tower

Flammkuchen - with tomato + feta cheeseFlammkuchen - with tomato + feta cheese

Luisenpark - Butterfly HouseLuisenpark - Butterfly House

The Mannheim DragonThe Mannheim Dragon

Accomodation and sights

by sam_999

Hi,

I will be obliged if some one could suggest some guest houses or bed and breakfast in or near Mannheim. i am driving from london to austria and staying there for 2 days.

Many thanks in advance,

68161 Mannheim
Tel: +49 621 101011
Fax: +49 621 24141
E-Mail: info@tourist-mannheim.de

They should also be able to book accomodation for you if you specify a bit what you want - price range, location, etc.

by sam_999

I have contacted them, & tourist office sent me info, all in germany and i dont under stand german!!

by t_maia

Call them by phone and ask them in English?

by baldurontour

try www.hrs.de if not already too late....its the most simple way to get rooms in germany.

good luck.

Travel Tips for Mannheim

Mannemer Dreck - Mannheim's Dirt

by christine.j

In early 19th century Mannheim was a pretty dirty place. So the city authorities decided to change this and introduced a new law: From then on it was forbidden to simply throw the dirt
out into the streets. Anybody who did it had to pay a fine. Not everybody was happy with this new law and a baker wanted to voice his protest. He created a new cake, out of nuts, sugar and spices, covered it with dark chocolade and put it out on the street for display. The name of this cake was "Mannemer Dreck" - the Dirt of Mannheim.
This way he could put out "dirt" into the streets of Mannheim, and no one could say anything against it.
Mannemer Dreck is still a local specialty, a sort of mixture between gingerbread and small cake. Every bakery has their own special recipe.

Museumsschiff

by tessy

Near the Kurpfalz bridge is a ship, where you find a nice exposition about ships. This ship belongs also to the museum, it is an rather old one. The little museum and the ship belong to the Landesmuseum.
If you're hungry, you can also visit the restaurant on the ship.

SAP Arena

by rowo

Baden W├╝rttembergs biggest and newest multifunctional hall. For Sport events like Ice hockey, Handball, Tennis and also big Rock and Pop Concerts and Classical Music. So if you every look for Sport or Music Event in Mannheim it should be in the SAP Arena!

Jesuit Church

by christine.j

Even though Mannheim has always been overshadowed by Heidelberg, it does have a few places worth sight seeing. One of them is the Jesuit Church. Built in the first half of the 18th century, it is a beautiful baroque church.It is said that catholic Prince-Elector Charles Philipp had come to Heidelberg, tried to convince the citizens there to become catholic, they refused and he decided to build two beautiful catholic churches to show them how much more splendour a catholic church had than a lutheran one.If this is true or not, this church is worth a visit.

My trip started

by Nobby1

"First stop: Mannheim"

I finally arrived in Mannheim. Until now, I haven't much seen of it, but the flat here is a great place. There is so many delicious food like Nutella, honey, cake, chocolate, and I am still so full from yesterday!

I am planning now what to do here: perhaps I'm going to study, I'm not yet decided what, or I can get infos about the space, I already saw a big big shuttle, they also talk about travelling and other exciting things. So I'll see and be prepared for more adventures!

Here you can see me on my favourite place on the sofa! It's the best place here, I see everything, hahahahaha

"Me at university"

I heard so much about university of my tavelmom and my host. So I decided to go to univerity with Tessy. Imagine, what I had to do there ... I had to write a test on my first day!!!!! But I am a bear. They didn't accept. I had to do that test. Well, I decided better go to CHCH and continue my world travels, perhpas life in another continent is easier than university here..... I prefer travelling, not writing silly tests!

Comments